1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS Location Test Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Send him a message through his blog. It's probably too late now though.
    He listened about the 60fps video message I sent him. I even sent it in English.

2. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Does this mean something? Is Reno trying to give me some hope?

3. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Arcade Official release

4. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    am i the only one that likes the new soundtrack?

i'd be lying if i said i preferred it over R's, but i think it's quite fitting on the whole...

5. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

I like it. Its fine, for what it is.

6. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Shin i'ha is still there. It was just changed so that the opponent staggers backward and stays standing. I do it on my vs Lau vid @ 2:00. Same input command as before also.

Yeah, that's the new 46P+G throw. I actually like it better than the old throw.

Good to hear from you again. I hope the SoCal VF crew is still going strong.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    The four of us say yes and thank you!

8. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that the game will see an official releas on 7/29 in arcades...

Edit: It seems confirmed now, 29th will be the start date for Final Showdown

9. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

I'll clap that.

10. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

Now to hope and pray for a console port

11. 124

124 Well-Known Member

HOPING FOR THAT TOOO! [​IMG]

12. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

How come the final release is happening so soon after the 1st location test? Will it make any kind of appearance at SBO considering KOFXIII will be there?

I noticed at least 1 instance of bad hit detection with one of Lei Fei's stance moves. I was hoping those sort of issues would be eradicated by the final version. I suppose this will get regular updates to fix those sort of thing but there likely won't be any major deviation from what's been shown.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    AM2 are probably confident enough for the release given what they've tested so far. And just because it's being rolled out en masse, doesn't mean they can't continue to revise and update it just as they've done with every other VF5 (and VF4) title.

BTW, SBO will still be on VF5R. Kamaage told me he's personally staying away from FS until after SBO because he feels it will mess up his game. It wouldn't surprise if many top players are doing the same.

14. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if SBO switched over to Final Showdown this year, to be honest. When 5R debuted in 2008 they switched over to that instead of sticking with vanilla VF5. It really fucked over players outside of Tokyo because the Tokyo players had a good 1+ month of 5R practice due to loketests.

Edit: I've confirmed with an independent arcade owner that the release date is indeed the 29th.

15. tex

tex Well-Known Member

I only came here to see if Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showndown was coming to consoles. Hopefully if the game comes out July/29th. The rest of the world should get a console port between Christmas and March 2011. I hope Sega was listening to that 500 page petition.

16. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Sega's pushing that product rather fast I think... And I do appreciate the mass amounts of vids/trailers coming out...

17. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Saw some more named ranks. Looks like the first one after 10th dan is Renshi -> Resshi -> Kesshi. It might be hard to see in the vids, but those ranks have 3 "dots" at the bottom/bottom right of the rank plate that indicate the order within that rank set. So there's one red dot and two empty spots for Renshi, 2 red 1 empty for Resshi, etc.

It also looks like once you've been promoted to Renshi, you cannot be ranked down to the Dan levels anymore.

18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

VF5:FS

I was looking for some new videos in zoome and i found this non video link:
    http://zoome.jp/vf_kao/diary/207/

i didn't understand anything so i just put it in google translator and this is the result:

"Rokete went to late.
    The following comments. There are many pools for information ...

Overall sentiment ○
    - Quick dash back! Down like crazy.
    Pratfall - and their attacks hit back in the dash? Cause long curing.
    0 - Flée throw abolished. The only way to throw 456.
    - Avoid counter and win a rotation system. Avoid increased risk.
    - I feel like a real motion to be bad. These advances are welcome.
    * Enhanced judge kicked awake? 9K + G throw is not like jumping in and behind.
    "The abolishment of throwing Flée 0" and "avoid increased risk" from what, I think will become important step and bend.
    Well, you do not step training ...
    Incidentally throw direction too sorry decline. The highlight of the characters Nakunarimasuyan throw ('· ω · `)

○ gow
    For new technologies.
    On · 66P. We hit the side and face.
    · 4PP over the top. The first stage is half-turn. Second one
    On · 4KP + G? I like the old K-4PK. NH to throw any shots. Less good.
    Naka Naka · 3KP. Squatting to hit combo. Quite strong.
    · P + K above. Upper techniques like fast. Nanikore.
    On · 6P + K? I do not know the significance of this move (laughter
    · 1K + G below. Foot attached. Be used in wall and strong. Able to use it side?
    · 2K + G below. Kicking. Naa 1K fun and if I avoided it for direction.
    On · 4K + G! Technique for Doggy Style.
    · 9P + K inside. If you just hit down. What a combo for?
    · K + G will hit next and face. Not derived.
    Only once in each direction - from throwing grip. Also fairly carry any throw.

The idea is like this?
    The video was shot up the cod."

19. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Evo and Sega related topic moved

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira