1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS Tutorial # 18 Evasion #2?

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by spacetime, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Pointing out that above inputs should infact result in a successful crouchdash, although if you use analog stick it is questionable whether you are able to do it fast enough. I suspect speed is the issue here, along with starting the input early enough.

You can do crouchdash by pressing the stick down, and then 'rolling' the stick between down and down/forward. Like so:
    [2][3][2][3]
    It results in successful crouchdash, but you need to do it fast enough or there is no benefit and your character simply ducks.

FURTHERMORE, something that people of this site often forget: you dont actually need crouchdash to fuzzy except in the tightest spots (because crouchdash is one frame faster than simply ducking). In most cases you can fuzzy by simply ducking. In the above video Dural is doing PK, which on normal hit is +2. This means that you can fuzzy the followup by simply pressing [2][G] and then release the stick at the right moment and keep holding G block the mid.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Lulu Lulu likes this.
  2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    A few corrections. Crouch dashing is 2 frames faster. Most PK are actually +4 on hit (and -4 on block), so after a normal hit PK from Dural a crouch dash is absolutely necessary to fuzzy guard.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  3. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Yep.... pretty much what I've been doing......

4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    "basic" fuzzy guard only works up to negative 3 , crouch dash fuzzy works up to negative 5.

While "basic" fuzzy is fine, I recommend training crouch dash fuzzy for muscle memory , its more usefull imo. One exception being after guarding a high punch a quick "basic" fuzzy is a standard "proper" technique for avoiding throw/elbow.

Guarding a high punch leaves you at negative 2.

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  5. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    WOOOOOOOH
    Guess who just completed the Tutorial mode ? MEEEEE !!!! :D

But wait.... theres more...... I did using the D-Pad instead of my prefered thumb stick....... I know right..... SHOCKING :eek:.

I don't get why people don't like tutorials...... I think they're fun...... I play them more than once.

Ares-olimpico likes this.