1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 in London Trocadero :o

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Vf5 is now in troc,
    £1 a credit unfortunately and it's only set on 2 rounds and it's a stand up.
    It's on wide screen hd though.

Not sure what version it is yet, going tomorrow to check it out, see you there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Wait.... how? There's a cabinet outside of Japan.... wha...

Is this thing like a console/cabinet? Or the real deal?

omg...

3. DammyG

DammyG Well-Known Member

seriously?:|

I have to check that out tomorrow

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'll be there!!!!!!

5. Kay

Kay Well-Known Member

Pics, or it didn't happen.

6. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

What sticks?

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Buttons and stick are perfect, found seats that are the right height. The only issue now is getting it changed to 50p an credit.
    Also it is ver c the latest one, as you can see it is a localized western version with the moves in English on the panels. No card slots they seem to have a metal panel covering where they usually go. Also has the new intro from the 360 version and loading screen with the clock background is now green to signify ver c.
    Anybody know why Sega have suddenly changed their minds?

(The lighting is terrible in there so pictures didn't come out too good):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

Wait a minute... how?!?! When.. !?!?/';'' I don't understand....

HOW DOES THAT THING WORK WITHOUT VF.NET!?!?

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Ver C too... I'm jealous.

Instead of asking for 50p a credit, try asking to have the matches set to best 3 out of 5. You might have better luck with that arguement.

10. Crazy_Galaxy

It's already set for first to 3 rounds on vs.
    It's on default setting which makes against the cpu first to 2 but vs play 3, like the console defaults.
    It will have to get changed to 50p or less people will play, £1 is about $2 a credit in your money /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

11. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

is it really ver c, alot of tweaks which were meant to be revised in ver c for pai are still the same such as risking kick still staggers, plus her p, k feels like shes not at disadvantage on hit???

12. Crazy_Galaxy

Find out some of the changes and test them properly next time, only way to be sure. Weird how it has the new intro if it's not c 0_o

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    So happy that you've all got your VF5 ver. C - even more so that the sticks are good. I remember reading what you've all had to go through with crappy controls. Good luck with the price change.

14. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

maybe sega decided to keep pai as she is in ver c :), im not complaining, hopefully troc will agree to make it 50p credit or £1 for 2 credits

15. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Could you guys findout from the arcade operator how they acquired the cab? Is it a test site? Is it a leftover from a gameshow? Just a random fluke? It would be nice to hear that sega is finally releasing vf5 in the arcades outside of Japan.

All I need now is a arcade to open up here...

Peace^-^

16. Crazy_Galaxy

If anyone is going down this weekend could they up some better pics?
    I'm not sure whether I'm going down this weekend again, cheers.
    I don't think it's left over from a gameshow, seems to be they just bought it along with some other new games, also there's also an initial d ver 4 acquired at the same time, maybe Sega have just updated this years catalogue.

17. desk

desk Member

can anyone confirm where in the troc the cab is located? and when it was put in? I was in there last week and if I missed it I'm going to kick myself, lol.

thanks.

18. Crazy_Galaxy

-Location: London troc, next to the Vs city cabs and other fighting games.
    -1 credit for £1, cpu set to first to 2 rounds, vs set to first to 3.
    -Machine is stand up but there should be suitable seats in place now.
    -Was most likely put in last week.
    -seems to be ver c as it has a new intro, no one remembered changes in order to test moves.
    -Localized version everything is in English.
    -You can choose the type a,b,c, and d costumes by cycling through start.
    -no card readers, seems to be a metal plate over where they usually go.
    -no bingo mode as bingo mode needs vf.net

Hope that makes things clear now, all it needs now is for someone to post some clearer pics.

19. desk

desk Member

cool, thanks for the info. I explored the vs city section when I was in last monday and it wasn't there. Good to know I didn't miss it.

I'm still very confused as to why this has happened but I'm not complaining.

20. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

I was there today. Didn't take any pics cos my phone is rubbish, sorry. I'll say, though, that you definitely can't miss it. It's right at the front of the fighting game section. Also, there was a huge group of people playing when I went, none of whom I recognised. Mostly Chinese players, including a dude with a goodish Wolf and a sick Akira, and a guy with a really annoying Lei Fei. Which is pretty much every Lei Fei :p

It's the official cabinet, which is odd, I think. Odd that we've got it, I mean.

A pound is just too much, though. I don't mind paying when I'm winning three in every four matches, but if you guys are down there then fuck that. I can't afford a pound every two minutes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif