1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 is coming.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

In the review on Segaweb it is mentioned that Suzuki does plan on making Virtua Fighter 5. I don't mean to get ahead of myself (4 isn't out yet afterall). Just letting everyone know, it is on the way.
    When, now that is a different story . . .

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i remember that i read an interview during VF2-model 2 times. Yu mentioned there, he would like to make 5 chapters each on a different platform(model 1 to 5;model 3 R.I.P).

VF5 in 2003 would be perfect; 10 th anniversary like Sonic...

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

VF5 is definitely coming and AM2 hopes to make it fully playable online--whether through the arcades or some other home device. Read that somewhere (not SegaWeb).

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

it's been written in vague passages for the last few years in magazines, sites, and posts. i think it stems from a very old interview where yu states he'd "like" to do up to vf5. i don't think he or sega has ever been quoted once as saying the series will definitely have a life up to 5.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I read in a recent interview somewhere (not Yu) that the plan is to make VF5 playable online...the statement was made such that the possibility for VF5 is presumed. Hopefully that's true.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

oi
    vf4 beta in HK right now!
    why r u still on ur computer?

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

WHERE!?!?!?!?!??!?

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

HOLY FUCK I JUST SPOKE TO DICKSON IT'S IN SAM SHUI PO GOODBYE YOU SUCKERS I'M GOING TO PLAY VF4 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!~

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

10. Guest

Guest Guest

If this counts for anything, his intentions have not changed. In this interview from May 2001:

http://www.segaweb.com/features/segaunleashed10.html

GamerWeb: I’m a huge fan of Virtua Fighter. In an interview, you once said that you would enjoy doing a fourth and maybe even a fifth game for the series, is this still your current thinking?

Yu Suzuki: Yes, I would still like to!

11. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    ARGHHG!!! You Fukker! Lucky biznitch.

You better give us the full report! Also, in your opinion - since you have PS2 and most of the graphically impressive games for it - can the PS2 port it perfectly? (yeah...yeah...i am a graphics whore, so what?)

[​IMG]

12. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Did you honestly expect him to say "no I would not like to make a VF5" /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

I kinda think as the series goes on the changes (excluding graphical) are getting smaller and smaller, when VF2 came out I never once thought "they shouldn't have changed this" or "they should have added that" but as time goes on I find myself more and more weary of any tinkering they make to the game,who knows if VF will ever make a transition as big as that from 1 to 2.or 2 to 3.

Does it sound like I think VF4 will be a baby step forward for the series?...then I better shut my mouth since I haven't played the friggin thing yet /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Can PS2 do it...I have absolutely no clue. My gut feeling is no, not entirely, but I think the backgrounds won't be a problem and the main difference will be 1) animations, 2) physics, 3) calculation-heavy stuff. It will "look" very close.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm 100% convinced that a Hardware with bottle-neck like the PS2 is can't Handle a "perfect" 1 to 1 port. Okay you can Blur the textures like the Bouncer or FF X but you never reach the crisp texture quality that naomi's 33MB Vram have to offer. For the PS2 it would be already a big achievement to reach DC-quality in terms of textures(Sonic Adventure 2 or Shenmue).
    certainly there are some PS2 games with nice textures, but i did never see a PS2 game with gigantic Levels combined with a lot of differnt textures(in terms of quantity and quality).

You can't store a lot of Info in 4 mb emmbedded VRAM

15. Guest

Guest Guest

naomi 3 was anounced some time ago, the main reason is that naomi 3 will be online-compatible(all the boards not like naomi 1 alien front online).
    So i think VF 5 will end up there. I hope there will be also a huge performance leap.

Missing the model-series times.......

16. adsega

adsega Well-Known Member

Kojima said there would be no MGS3 (produced by him) so producers do have good reasons for not making some sequels. Fortunately, not YS. That's why I asked, to make sure he didn't get bored.

My gut feeling is that PS2 will do a very good conversion. DOA2H was pretty spectacular in terms of detail, and converted quickly. It was Suzuki who gave Itakagi all the know-how (and they remain good friends). They have a number of options and I'm sure it will be very good.

I hope there's a DC version too. This is the first time I've told anyone about this, but I'm thinking of going all out with this petition: let me know if we could have the VFDC community support with it.

\http://www.petitiononline.com/vf4dcgw/petition.html

Adam Doree
    GamerWeb.com