1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Jacky Thread

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by KoD, Jul 10, 2006.

1. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Figured I'd start a VF5 jacky thread to cover his changes, since no one else seems to have.
    This is based on vids + the lettuce site + the arcadia movelists srider's been posting.
    Usu disclaimers, I havent played the game, my japanese is weak, please correct any errors or omissions, etc..

[P][P][K]
    [P][P][K][4]
    hits high instead of mid, option to go to SS

[P][P][6][P][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [P][P][4][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [6][P][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [4][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [K][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [3][K][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [6][P]+[K][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    [1][P]+[K][P][8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G]
    new canned side movement option after any backfist, his step in punch, etc.
    After [8]or[2][P]+[K]+[G], can do [P] or [P][P] assuming this hits mid, high but not sure.

[P][P][6][P][P][2][K]
    [6][P][P][2][K]
    no longer a sweep, low kick from standing like his old [K][P][2][K]

[P][P][6][P][P][P]+[K]
    [6][P][P][P]+[K]
    new mid hit after elbow,backfist

[6_][P][K][G]
    [6_][K][G]
    the iaigeri has returned

[P][P][8][P]
    [3][P][P][P]
    this slam is now techable, no more braindeadeasy ~65 dmg on mC.
    command is changed back to evo version from ft's [4][3][P][P][P]

[P][4][K]
    lettuce says this is a sidekick, hope its the good 13 frame evo [P][K] sidekick

[2_][3][P]
    I believe this now floats on counter for a possible combo, instead of stumble

[1][P][K]
    high kick, staggers, guaranteed if [1][P] counters

[6][K]
    his old jumping knee is back, floats on normal hit for combo.
    groin kick is now [4][6][K]

[4][6][K]
    groin kick, stomach crumble on counter instead of float

[6][6][K]
    the old step in kick is now [6][6][K]+[G]; is this the A2 from ft?
    lettuce says its the dash hamer kick, which matches, but what's his stupid bruce lee flying kick?
    edit: apparently the flying kick is from SS [3][3][K]+[G]

[3][K][P][K][4]
    option to go to SS

[3][P]+[K] hit [P]+[G]
    animation change, dunno if its otherwise different.

[1][P]+[K]
    [1][P]+[K][P]
    [1][P]+[K][P][P]
    replacement for his old and imho useless 'lightning combo' string. hits mid

[6][P]+[G][8]or[2]
    assume this is to get sideways to opp.

2. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

Does the side movement after a backfist also reorients Jacky? I don't remember which video was it but I think I saw an Aoi dodge Jacky's [P][P][4][P] almost to his back, then Jacky's [8] or [2] [P]+[K]+[G] realigned him and Aoi got hit with the followup [P][P].

[6][P][P][P]+[K] seems to be valuable to Jacky; in VF4 you can do a braindead crouch [G] after eating Jacky's [6][P][P] to defend against both the canned [K] or[2][K] but now with the mid [P]+[K] that's taken out and you have to guess whether to crouch or dodge.

I'm only a beginner but the forum is too quiet for my liking ... surely even though most of us have yet to touch VF5, we should have seen enough to discuss about something!

3. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    [ QUOTE ]
    Supid said:
    you have to guess whether to crouch or dodge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that the low [2][K] is no longer a sweep, and the high [K] is half circular. Unless the mid is half circular in the opposite direction (which i highly doubt) dodging the correct direction will beat all of those striking options.

Edit: whoops, was thinking of [6][P][K] not [6][P][P][K]

4. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Tested out a few things, if I get a side crumple I've used the following combos:

lighter weights:
    [4][K]+[G] (spike) [P][7]+[K]

others:
    [4][K]+[G] (spike) [7]+[K]

-Alex

5. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

Thx supergolden. I just got to see the spike as part of a float on a new video @ hk-vf.net: http://www.hk-vf.net/movie/vf5_ver.a/2006-7-18_19_48_SHUN_vs_JACKY.wmv

In the last round, after pak sao [P] against Shun, instead of throw Jacky went for [3][3][K],[P],[4][K]+[G],[7][K]

I want to check something. For Jacky's new throws, is [6][P]+[G] the one which he get the target in an armlock and forces he/she to bend down before kicking his face? I used to think it was a new throw directly from pak sao (on an older video, i saw Jacky getting this throw against an Aoi right after eating a high kick from her, so I thought he should have been disadvantaged)

Further to that, [P]+[G][8]/[2] (Strider's movelist post lists this as [6][P]+[G][8]/[2]; which is correct?) seems to leave the target side turned, but how much advantage Jacky has after that? In: http://www.hk-vf.net/movie/vf5_ver.a/20060718jacky.wmv, during the last round Jacky supposed connected [P]+[G][8] (he moves into the screen to Wolf's side) but I don't seen a wagging stick indicating stagger, so does that mean there is no guaranteed followup and Jacky must force a guessing game instead?

Strider's movelist also shows [4][P]+[K]+[G],[3][3][K]+[G], which I don't think exists in VF4 any version; is it just a typo or a new kick from slide shuffle?

6. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

If the other side-shift throws are any indication, I think he has around +4 after [6][P]+[G][8]|[2]. That's just a guess, though. Probably off.

SS [3][3][K]+[G] is the flying sidekick. See here.

7. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Thanks for noticing the [P]+[G][6] thing, corrected the typo.

That [4][K]+[G] spike [P][7]+[K] combo ender seems unreasonably damaging to me (it isnt stance specific, right?). From that shun v jacky video, it looks to be around 77 pts not including the pak sao, which is just as good as his old options after [3][3][K], and less work to keep track of stance.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    KoD said:

That [4][K]+[G] spike [P][7]+[K] combo ender seems unreasonably damaging to me (it isnt stance specific, right?). From that shun v jacky video, it looks to be around 77 pts not including the pak sao, which is just as good as his old options after [3][3][K], and less work to keep track of stance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that the spike is tech-able. So while it may appear to be less work for that combo, it's not guaranteed. I think Jacky would be screwed if he buffered the somersault kick but the opponent happened to tech!

9. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    Don't forget that the spike is tech-able. So while it may appear to be less work for that combo, it's not guaranteed. I think Jacky would be screwed if he buffered the somersault kick but the opponent happened to tech!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Eh? Sekaijin and Shou over at wannafight.us said the spike/bounce definitely wasn't techable.

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, I've seen a video where it was teched.. I'll try to track it down.

And besides, for it to be non-techable makes almost no sense to me. Slam attacks in VF4 (evo and onwards) were always techable, and this "spike" (is that the official term?) is just the new effect of a slam. Also, special knockdown effects from VF4 are now techable when they were previously weren't.

Edit: had no luck in finding that vid, but let me just qualify what I said earlier -- I'm sure you can tech only when you're face up and feet toward (like Shun was against Jacky). Bounce combos from crumbles leave the opponent face down and head toward, which I'm sure is not techable.

11. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

I've tried many times, without luck, teching those hits while face up feet towards, like while getting hit with a slam during Akira's TFT throw or yoho combos... If its possible the timing is -strict-...

-Alex

12. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Article - Virtua Fighter 5 Jacky Combo List from Tougeki Tamashi 3
    Author - Chakki
    Source - Myke
    Translation - Noodalls

1. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [6_][P] [6][P][K]
    2. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [2][P] [7][K]+[G]
    3. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [6_][P] [6][P][P][P]+[K]
    4. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [6_][P] [3][K][P][K]
    5. [3][3][K] [4][K][K] [6][6][K]
    6. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [6_][P] [6_][K][G] [7][K]+[G]
    7. [3][3][K] or [6][K] [6_][P] [6_][K][G] [3][K]+[G]
    8. [3][3][K] [6_][P] [4][K]+[G] [7][K]+[G]
    9. Minor counter or greater [P]+[K][P] [7][K]+[G]
    10. Minor counter or greater [P]+[K][P] [6][P][K]
    11. [4][K]+[G] [6_][P] [9][K]+[G]
    12. [4][K]+[G] [6_][P] [6][P][K]
    13. [4][K]+[G] [6_][P] [6_][K][G] [3][K]+[G]
    14. Counter hit [2_][3][P] [1][P][K]
    15. Counter hit [2_][3][P] Whiff [6_][P] [2][P] [2][P] [3][K]+[G]
    16. Counter hit [2_][3][P] Whiff [6_][P] [2][P] [2][P] [7][K]+[G]
    17. Counter hit [2_][3][P] Whiff [P] [2][P] [6][P][P][2][K]
    18. SSS [3][3][P] [3][K][P][K]
    19. SSS [3][3][P] [6][P][P][K]
    20. Counter hit [4][6][K] [9][K]+[G]
    21. Any side crumple [4][K]+[G] [6_][P] [6][6][K]
    22. Any side crumple [4][K]+[G] [6][P][K]

After [3][3][K] on normal hit, combo 1 is the basic combo. Against only wolf in closed stance, it won't work so drop the [6_][P] and use combo 2 instead. Combo 3 will work against middle and light weights except for Akira in open stance. Combo 4 and 5 are for closed stance. Combo 4 is recommended against Blaze, Goh, Brad, Lei and Shun, combo 5 against light weights. If you can execute the [6_][K][G] accurately, combo 6 in closed stance and combo 7 in open stance will work for more damage. Both will work on all but heavy weights. Except on Shun, Jacky and Akira, combo 7's last hit can be done as [6][P][K].
    The [6][K] on normal hit has a low launch. Combo 1 is the basic, against Lion drop the [6_][P]. Combo 6 will work in closed stance against light weights and Goh and Brad, combo 7 will work in ope nstance against middle and light weights other than Lion.

After the [P]+[K][P] in closed stance combo 9, in open stance combo 10. After [4][K]+[G] in closed stance combo 11, in open stance combo 12. Aganst Blaze instead of [6_][P] use [2][P]. Combo 13 will work against light and middle weights in open stance.
    On counter hit [2_][3][P] you can go for combo 14 on all characters. Combo 15 in closed stance and combo 16 in open stance will work on everyone except Jacky and heavy weights. Against Lau and Akira, fastest execution is fine. Against other middle weights and Sarah and Vanessa, the second [2][P] should be one frame delayed. Combo 17 works on Eileen, Aoi and Pai. Against Eileen, the [6][P][P][2][K]should be one frame delayed.
    After a side crumple, combo 21 is recommended. Against light weights, delay slightly after the [4][K]+[G]. Combo 22 can be used in closed stance.

13. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

I even did not know some combos lol

thanks. I am going to recieve black book, then I may be able to tell you better. I played only 200 games, so I am not so sure though

14. MechaShiva

MechaShiva Well-Known Member

I have been having a lot of trouble with #6 and #7 combos. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, I'm hitting the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but I always wiff the endings. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, probably just my lack of ability.

Also, any tips on hitting the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif more reliably would be great too.

Thanks for the help.

15. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

It really is just practicing the timing over and over in training, and then getting used to applying it in battle situations. Sorry there's no way around it - You must experience it in order to master it.

Once you get the timing down you'll be able to perform it with fastest timing allowing you to nail your followups during the high angle kick combos. Hang in there.

Edit: Adjusted post to answer the problem in question, sorry.

16. MechaShiva

Well I was playing around in dojo mode, trying to get the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif down(and its coming along), and I was trying to hit one of Jacky's combos from the Aoi exhibition match.

The combo is at 24 secs in the first round, in closed stance. (I'm assuming the exhibition matches are the same from the Asian/Jap version to the US Version)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

While I never pulled it off, because I can't quite hit the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif all the time and when I do I get too excited sometimes to do the rest of the combo, I just took out the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and it still did a whole lot of damage.

So the combo I was using was:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

On all of the lightweights (females) it worked in both open and closed stance, on counter or normal hit. It also worked with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as the combo starter if it was a counter, but not on normal hit, from either open or closed.

I tried it out also on Blaze, Shun, and it worked on them only on counter and only with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as the started and not /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

I tried it on Kage, Akira, and Jeffrey also, with no dice.

I'm sure this isn't new info or anything, but it was really solid damage, that is easy to come by for me.

Alright, back to practicing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, which I'm almost comfortable using now in matches.

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Something to help you guys abit

say u wanna do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gifcancel....

After the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif motion, u can let go of the stick and just do the subsequent k,g cancel.

The game will register the 2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif as being buffered during the initial /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif moments.

This makes it easier for any combos as it frees up quite a considerable amount of time for you to input any stick directional commands after the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif cancelling.

After you learn the KG cancel, have fun with it.
    It's one of the best moves for Jacky, inside or outside of combos.

18. MechaShiva

Awesome Tip, thanks a bunch.

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Has anyone else had luck with this? I'm finding this doesn't work for me at all.

I have to keep holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif for the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gifcancel.

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Try this,

Hold F (just let Jacky walk abit), let go of the stick, then input K, G.

Or do a low p. During the low p animation, buffer the F, then again let go of stick and press K,G. It'll work too.

That's how I learnt the Iai Kick cancel, it's quite simple.