1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:R Location Test Report!

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Makatiel, Apr 18, 2008.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Hong Kong movie stars can do anything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Completely groundbreaking, means, whichever they are, its something really different than what it is now. Removal of extremely important moves means, if those will be replaced by something good/better, it is STILL groundbreaking. Meaning the way she is played changes. That was NOT a negative statement, it was a neutral one. Why do I even bother posting?

3. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I find myself asking the same question whenever I read any of your posts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

4. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

LoL! Man you guys are BRUTAL, LoL!!!!

5. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

This really pisses me off. Is there any hope of this hitting a console?

7. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

There's always hope.

8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Katagiri's Page on virtuafighter.jp #22

There is a small interview like section with Katagiri about VF5:R after the test location. Nothing much, but what I got from it (Japanese noobie interpretation) is that the system changes in the test location is a stepwise process for the final version. There will be more changes that were not seen in the test location version and most likely adjustments made from the test version.

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Man, game is going to be so different but I'm not even worried or scared for some reason. Normally I'd be super skeptical with this many big changes but for some reason I have faith.

10. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Have the updates to Lei Fei been posted yet, i looked through about 10-20 pages before deciding i'd rather just ask, and if it has i'll get back to looking. thanks guys.

11. cadorna

cadorna Well-Known Member

We're going to be like Lei Fei now! Yesss! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

12. cadorna

Is there anything on floats in VF5:R? I'd reallly like to see that part of the game completely changed into something more realistic. As much as I like inflicting punishment after a float, something feels wrong to me when a 300kg black mariner gets in the air like it's a balloon. Or when Kage floats me near the centre of the ring > bounce combo > float > bounce combo > float > ring out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

13. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

That IS wrong.
    I can see a how a "300kg <u>white</u> mariner" could get in the air like it's a balloon but a "300kg <u>black</u> mariner"???
    No way, Jose Chipotle.

14. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I hope you got the joke at least (I don't think Chefboy did); if not, read Srider's post.

15. cadorna

Damn, I didn't get the joke!
    Srider's post sounds real to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

16. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Same here...but I'm the most gullible Futhermucker in the world...

17. ZenTou

ZenTou Well-Known Member

Vanessa's black? No WAY!
    I thought she was one of those dark I-talians.
    Her husky VF4 voice sounds just like an italian chick I know.

18. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

VF5 R looks interesting. Looks though they change alot of things up. Hopefully this will maybe reach America for ps3 or 360.

It looks really good though. Jean seems like hes a powerful karate type and Taka is powerful and strong as usual.

Also I see Srider is still doing good and giving out good information

19. Too_Sober

Too_Sober Well-Known Member

Thanks Srider for all the updates on the characters.

In regards to the changes, I'm excited for them because I realise that a development team and whole legion of hardcore testers with far more knowledge about the game mechanics than me are residing over these changes.

It's interesting to read but I wouldn't claim to understand all the details of the fine small print and that's because I'm not a high level player or hardcore player. I'm barely approaching intermediate..

For me, reading these changes is like reading a very knowledgable and scientific paper while I pretend to understand it with a teacher hanging over my shoulder expecting me too.

The bottom line is that I'll happily accept the changes and if it ever comes to console, I'll just have to adapt my game plan. I can happily live with the changes and look forward to trying to "spot the difference" between VF5 and VF5:R. It's no big deal.

20. ZenTou

ZenTou Well-Known Member

How could you possibly have believed Srider's little sarcastic, condescending crack about Vanessa's new moves? Especially when it came right after I made the derisive comment that her two new moves better be a FIREBALL AND A HURRICANE KICK or they suck.
    Srider can't say," you know what they actually are a fb and a hk" , so he came up with the super nerd version. Mad props to David "Srider" Chou for contributing to the Virtua Figther 5 brady games guide. It's a great comprehensive ref book.

Sega lost mad money this past year, so really they should make VF5 R a downloadable patch for 360. That way they don't go further into the red with warehouses full of unpurchased VF5:R discs. We get the upgrade quicker that way, and it wont split the market futher by putting it out on two systems. (I know they said the last VF5 patch was the final one, but money talks ). There's way less overhead when selling downloadable content.