1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:R Location Test Report!

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Makatiel, Apr 18, 2008.

1. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

So, are there any changes to Pai and Sarah in VF5R? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

2. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

It is sensible to do this, from a business standpoint that is...However, for all of us PS3 VF fans, that'd really suck...To be left out once again by Sega, first with VF5 being online on 360 and then if your scenario occurs, we'd be left out once again...

I'm dying for VF online right now, I mean quest mode is fun and all, but...come on...

It may be a 'pipe-dream' right now, but hopefully Sega will release an online-enabled VF5R...

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

They did? If so, show me where I can see this.

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

5. PompousKristina

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

7. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

<u>CHARACTERS</u>

Jean Kujo has the 3 hit string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif which seems to knock down on the third hit. Looks like mid left kick, high left punch, mid right punch. He also has /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif which seems to cause stomach crumple on hit. Looks similar to the animation of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but kicks with his right leg.

Taka has the move /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif which seems to act like a sabaki or Wolf's R.A.W. also has the string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif which seems to give small float on hit.

Akira has a new move, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif which looks similar to dbpm. Knocks down.

Jacky has a new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Sarah has a new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif but I think it's from a specific stance (e.g. FL or Step) or from back turned or something.

Lau has a new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Pai has a new move/animation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Wolf has a new move/animation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Knocks down or possibly floats.

Jeffry has a new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Knocks down or possibly floats.

Kage has a new throw/animation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Shun has a new throw /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, seems to be from a certain stance tho.

Vanessa has a new knee move/animation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

Goh has a new string, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Lion has the new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Aoi has a new animation for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Brad has a new move /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif which seems to knock down on hit.

El Blaze has a new off the wall move /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

Eileen has a new string /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (seems to be after a specific stance).

<u>STAGES</u>

OPEN

- Sumo Ring
    - River

RECTANGLE

- Deep Mountain
    - Palace

HALF FENCE

- Statues
    - Terrace

BREAKABLE HALF FENCE

- Island
    - Park

FULL FENCE

- City
    - Ruins

BREAKABLE FULL FENCE

- Stone Forest
    - Broken House

OCTAGON

- Water Fall
    - Arena

FULL AND OPEN

- Snow Storm
    - Training Room

LOW FENCE

- Temple
    - Shrine

SINGLE WALL

- Great Wall
    - Sanctuary

Note these aren't translations, my Japanese is rubbish, just what I picked out from those pics.

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Breakable fences are back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

9. LM_Akira

I'm liking the looking of the rectangle stages, tho I'll miss the old Deep Mountain stage it's one of my favourites.

Snow Storm looks like it'll be amazing to see.

There's also a screenshot of Jacky kicking Akira thru the wall surrounding Stone Forest (breakable full fence). The caption makes some reference to VF4 as well (no doubt it's breakable stages).

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Thanks you two.

11. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    This is propably Kage's 'temple' stage

12. LM_Akira

Actually yes it is Temple. I couldn't read it in my browser before as the screen was too light.

13. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Miss the old Deep Mountain? No you won't yet. The old stages of PS2 VF4 were used as underground tournament stages in PS2 VF4 Evo.

14. PompousKristina

Pai's and Sarah's updated stages look very nice. Me like. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

15. LM_Akira

Yes I know. But that doesn't mean anything.

Until a console version is confirmed no real point theorising on the possibility of old stages being included in VF5:R.

16. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii

I look at this statement as a good thing. How many JP players actually rocked the ps2 version when updated versions and even FT were right in their own backyards? Everything I have read tells me that there were not many. So maybe this is a small hint that the game will in fact come to the states. Can only hope /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

Thanks for the translations man!

All the new stages look great, especially the new Deep Mountain and Palace.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What you mean rocked PS2 version? The arcade version is always newer or at most same version as console version, plus japanese dont play consoles basically.

19. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii

Think you read it wrong, that was my point.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    That is pretty much irrelevant to the contents or existence of console version though..