1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 R TeknoParrot

Discussion in 'Virtua Fighter 5' started by JKTwice, Jul 8, 2022.

1. JKTwice

JKTwice Well-Known Member

Recently, about a week ago, support was added for Virtua Fighter 5 R on TeknoParrot via ElfLoader 2. This isn't like Flycast where the whole system has to be emulated, instead the game runs natively on your PC while ElfLoader creates the environment necessary to run the game executable. As a result, the game runs very well and is basically one to one with the original arcade release bar a few glitches with the old APIs (sound for example will fail to play for some effects and the announcer is completely missing).

I understand that few people really have interest in playing this version of the game outside of a curiosity, but it's good that we can preserve the history of the game by being able to document and play VF5 R. Unfortunately, TeknoGods, the developer of TeknoParrot, are terrible people and require donations through Patreon in order to play specific titles, including VF5 R. It's $5 a month to gain access.

You can download the emulator here: https://teknoparrot.com./ Reach out on the VF Discord and you will most likely find a ROM too for Vanilla, R, and FS. We also will host sessions with R over Parsec.

This thread will be continually updated with information on the emulator to the point where it comes out of Patreon. It will happen, because Time Crisis 5 was also on TeknoParrot via Patreon and got out of it about a month ago. However, it may take awhile for it to happen.

Also shoutout to @akai for keeping a 14 year old movelist around for this one moment. You the man.

Tha_FeauchA and akai like this.
  2. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

I will check it out. I actually own the Lindbergh hardware. I'd like to compare just how arcade accurate it is. It's probably faster than the original, since that hardware runs on 700 series Nvidia cards .

3. JKTwice

Just remember that VF5 has no internal frame limiter. It will run at whatever monitor refresh rate you have set. So if you have a high refresh rate monitor, cap it to 60.

4. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Count me in for trying it out. I'd love to play/try this version of VF with other people.

beanboy likes this.
  5. Juneau

Juneau Member

It would be nice to keep track of bugs since all VF5 Lindbergh games are quite buggy and needs most of them fixed.

what I found so far as far bugs go are
    -inconsistent sounds, most of the time the sounds cannot be triggered like Akira's SFX. at some areas of the stage the effects of some sounds can be triggered though
    -no walls for stages for Akira, Brad, Vanessa, El Blaze
    -going to list your name for high score will crash the game whether you finish mission mode or time trial

6. JKTwice

Update nearly 9 months later or so, the game still has not come out of Patreon which is ridiculous. No bug fixes for VF5 R have come out either, and Lindbergh development in general has slowed down in favor of ALL.net and other online server emulation.

Would not recommend checking out again. If you're really curious, VF5 Vanilla is free to play on TeknoParrot and has all of the same issues

7. JKTwice

Update, I guess they're working on card support for the old VF5 Lindbergh games. R Tuned and Virtua Tennis 3 also work fine right now.

No screens to speak of yet for VF5 but there is one for Virtua Tennis 3
    [​IMG]