1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 rev 1

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by vf4akira, Jul 29, 2006.

1. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Well, it didn't take long for Sega to update VF5. VF5 Revision 1 is coming to arcades very soon. Seems like it'll be released very soon (within a week or so). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find out what's different about Rev 1 from the original. I'm sure all the information will be available soon.

So far, the only indication that the game is Rev 1 is that "Revision 1" is written on the title screen. Also, the VF5 Whitebook supposedly will cover Rev 1 changes also.

2. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Yay, & ver 2 will be coming in out on Halloween.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

Yay, & ver 2 will be coming in out on Halloween.

[/ QUOTE ]Real or joke??

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    rev3 = Christmas eve
    rev4 = Christmas
    rev 4.5 = December 26h
    rev 667 = Jan, 1st 2007

Seriously, it must update online. Well, hopefully, anyway.

Oh, by the way, good to hear from you again, David. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Article - Arcadia 76 VF5 Revision 1
    Text - Yanaga
    Source - Myke
    Translation - Noodalls

Due at the start of August, it's time to prepare in readiness for this upgrade. There are changes affecting all characters, and individual charactes, so reference them over the next few pages.

By the time this magazine is out, the upgrade will be appearing at a nearby arcade. This upgrade ahs the name Revision 1, and there are a number of fine changes that have been made. Here, the changes to the system will be explained in simple details.
    Firstly, probably the biggest change with respect to the fighting is the inability to do 0 frame throws during the recovery of a successful evade. In revision 1, after a successful evade and a throw is input, the tsukami motion will come out.
    About this change, this will mean that the attacker if they delay between successive hits will be less likely to be throw by a 0 frame throw. For the evader, this means that even if they successfully evade an attack, they may not be able to throw the opponent if the move they evaded has a quick recovery. This will mean that there will be a difference between evading a big move and a small move.
    Also, although it will have limited effect on matches, it's worth stating that, atemi (reversal) moves will now perform their correct followup.

- Up until now, on successful evade a zero frame throw would come out,
    But now a tsukami throw comes out instead, so don't be confused.

Other changes
    Otherwise, characters have had several changes to their moves.
    The changes depends on the move, but there are changes to recovery, damage, circular properties etc, for balance.
    Details are on the character pages, but for example Lei's [9][K]+[G] recovery has been extended. The old version on normla hit when to a combo, and was a strong move, but on block it was very difficult to punish. This has been made easier to punish in Rev1.
    Otherwise, a number of moves have had changes to their move commands, so check the individual pages and remember them.

- One examples of a fixed move is Wolf's [2][P]+[K], which after crouching for an instant and going into low atemi, you could then do a zero frame throw in the recovery. This was very strong, so the recovery has been extended.

Tidbit - Which version is the mook? Due out on the eleventh of August, the Arcadia VF5 guide is compatible with revision 1. It's possible due to the rush that
    DVD is original version.

6. noodalls

El Blaze
    Command changes
    [2][K][P][K] on hit [6] goes into rocket discharge

Changed moves
    [4][P]
    [4][P][K]
    [4][P][K][P]
    [6][P]+[K][P]
    DM [P]+[K]
    Rocket Discharge [P]
    Rocket Discharge [P]+[G]
    Rocket Discharge [P]+[K]+[G][P]

Rocket discharge strings are easier to interrupt, and it's now harder to pressure with mixups. [4][P][K] no longer knocks down on counter hit, but is now easier to attack with. Rocket discharge [P] no longer gives stagger on block, and Rocket Discharge [P]+[G] now does slightly less damage.

Eileen
    Changed moves
    [2][1][4][P]
    [2][1][4][P][P]
    [4][P][P]
    [9][K]
    Stance forward [K]
    [6][K]+[G][2][K]
    Air [K]

[2][1][4][P] and [2][1][4][P][P] have gone from being half circular to full-circular. [9][K] does slightly more damage. Forward air stance [K] now has airborne properties, as the appearance of the move would suggest. [6][K]+[G][2][K], now if you guard the first hit the second hit is no longer unblockable. Stance air [K] has had its recovery decreased, and there are no logner guaranteed retaliations.

Pai
    Changed Moves
    [P]+[K]

The bound capable [P]+[K] has had its damage reduced slightly, recovery increased somewhat and it is harder to use in combos, and will not cause wall stagger on normal hit, and the advantage on guard is reduced.

Wolf
    Counter hit [9][P] [6][P]+[G]

Changed moves
    [2][P]+[K]
    Wolf has two changes, both of which affect his fighting. His [9][P] will now only go into a throw on counter hit. His [2][P]+[K] has been changed so that you can no longer attack during recovery.

Kage
    Changed Moves
    [4][K][K]

Kage doesn't really have any notable changes. If the first hit of [4][K][K] hits on a counter hit, the second hit is now guaranteed. However, because it is difficult to confirm this, the usage of the move won't really change from how it is now.

Shun
    Changed commands
    >4DP [4][P][P]

Changed moves
    [6][P]+[K]+[G][P]

[4][P][P] has been changed from requiring 8DP to 4DP. It can be used in combos or at mid range fighting, and is easier to use, so it is strengthened. [6][P]+[K]+[G] hit or guard [P] has been changed so that even if you delay it the damage of the second hit won't change, and the delay window has been shortened. The damage has been reduced, so it is harder to use it in combos, but as a mid range staple it is still very useful.

7. noodalls

Vanessa Changed Moves
    Defensive style
    [4][3][P]+[K]
    [6][P]+[G]
    [8][6][2][4][P]+[G] or [2][6][8][4][P]+[G]
    [2_][3][P]

[4][3][P]+[K]'s recovery has been substantially increased (see below). The two throws have been strengthened to guarantee a small down attack afterwards. [2_][3][P] has been cahnged to allow it to be executed from standing with a crouch dash.

Offensive
    [4][K]
    [6][6][K]
    [6][6][K][8]or[2][K]
    [6][P]+[G]

The situation after [4][K] has improved, with recovery now equal to a regular middle kick. [6][6][K] no longer launches on counter hit, and [6][6][K][2]or[8][K] advantage on normal hit has been reduced. [6][P]+[G] now guarantees a small down attack.

8. takumi21

takumi21 Member

Please, what is a tsukami throw?

9. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Thanks again for the translation noodalls!

[ QUOTE ]

Firstly, probably the biggest change with respect to the fighting is the inability to do 0 frame throws during the recovery of a successful evade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good change, it was too easy to get throws after a successful DM...

[ QUOTE ]

El Blaze
    Command changes
    [2][K][P][K] on hit [6] goes into rocket discharge

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good, I was always wondering why you couldn't discharge after that string...

[ QUOTE ]

Rocket discharge strings are easier to interrupt, and it's now harder to pressure with mixups.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I thought it was pretty easy to hit Blaze out of Rocket Discharge even if he was at adv... The only move out of it that could really interrupt attacks was [P], the others were too slow...

-Alex

10. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Tsukami means grabbing, so I'm assuming it means that a grab motion will come out instead of just an instant throw.

11. vf4akira

Revision 1 is now in arcades! Looks like all the arcades got it on the 3rd. I only played it a few times, but I especially welcome the no-more-0 frame-throw after successful evade. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also believe that videos will also display Revision 1 at the bottom. I'm still waiting for mine to get finished to be sure, but the replays on VF.TV were showing it.

Finally, although not related to rev 1, Sega also removed the rank ceiling (or possibly just raised it a little). Up until Aug 1st, the highest rank was capped at 10th Dan. The first named rank I've seen is Kaiden. This is probably one above 10th dan.

12. vf4akira

Re: VF5 rev 1... now ver A!

Man, Sega just doesn't know when to quit! VF5 ver A is on location test in Club Sega Akihabara. I have no clue what's new on that one, but maybe somebody that's a little closer to that arcade can fill us in.

Looks like Plague's release schedule might be correct after all! /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Talis, it's good to be back. I wish I could meet up with all you guys more often. Great times.

13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Version A is older than Revision 1 I believe....

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Yeah, I thought Ver.A was an update to the Location Test version.

15. vf4akira

Hmm... that's odd. According to virtuafighter.jp, Akihabara Club Sega will have a location test of "Virtua Fighter 5 Version A" starting Aug 6th. This was just posted on the site yesterday. It sounds like this version A is newer than Rev 1. Unfortunately, that's all the info that's on the site about it.