1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 USA Site

Discussion in 'General' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    sixtwo said:

Increasing resolution does smooth out rough edges, though, because of the increase in pixels used to render the image.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this happens - I would think the edges, and thus jaggies, become more defined and look worse. Maybe anti-aliasing could help, and that's really just making the edges fuzzy again.

The amount of graphical detail information available is usually finite. Once it's all being displayed, increasing resolution will not help.

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    VF5 PS3 will not be 1080p. Unless the game is somehow delayed...

/versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Pics are released for Tekken5:DR on PS3. Looks like Namco did not update any of the assets and is simply outputting them in 1080p. It doesn't look all that hot graphics wise, but it will be a cool game regardless. Lots of fighting game action early next year for PS3 owners!!

Check out the pictures here.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061208/tk5.htm

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
  5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Wow, the box art is so old school (for good or bad). Very reminiscent of early games like SFII for Snes, etc.

6. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Lol I was thinking the same thing, Akira looks badass tho.

7. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If T5:DR is only changing the output resolution with the same asset, then VF5 can easily do the same and look better at the same time (theoretically), since VF5 is 720p native. That's what I said before and we are saying the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I see as an obstacle for VF5 at 1080p is framerate, not how well the textures will look. To assume that VF5 running at 1080p @ 60fps is a non-issue is difficult for me considering how many games are settling for 720p (or less) @30fps.

8. Pai_Garu

Yeah, it won't be as good as 720p, but it will still look better than those shots of T5:DR.

9. Superking

Superking Member

I don't know if anyone posted it yet, but the US version is coming out February 27th according to SCEA's PlayStation site. Go to upcoming games and scroll down, you'll see El Blaze pointing and saying his opponent has nothing. lol

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3

10. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    [ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:
    No one ever confirmed officially if the home version is maxed out at 720p. It seems very unlikely since all ps3 games right now is capable of upscaling to 1080p even for 720p native games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is currently incorrect - there are plenty of games that the Ps3 will not output at 1080p- resistance, cod, motorstorm. Ridge racer is the only semi-worthwhile game that does 1080p.

I'd be very surprised if VF5 outputs at 1080p. Which kind of sucks, since I imagine that the ps3 scaling to 1080p would be less liekly to cause lag issues than relying on my monitor's scaler.

11. Pai_Garu

You are right, PS3 doesn't upscale the games that do not support a higher resolution.

12. Taiyoken

Taiyoken Member

The characters page is now available. There are only Akira's, El Blaze's and Eileen's pages though...