1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.B Brad Command List

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Myke, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

2_3p and 46k+g not being TC is nice. 2p+k6p also isn't regardless number of punches. 46k = 13 which isn't just TC but also p counterable basicly in VF5, not the right way to go with that move imo. With it's framespeed and clash now it's almost useless isn't it?

4k, 4kp and 4kpk had much better stats then I thought. Seems really useable! Wonder if it's possible to hitscan 33p or 33p+k (-6 on guard)... 66p+k might be a nice mid whiffpunish @17frames for those of us who hate 3p+k since it slams on all hits. Both of the moves seem fun to bake into movement due to their dash inputcommands but 33p is much slower at 22/23 (!) frames.

Myke; 6p+k's stats are wrong in the movelist?

8p+k, phasingsmash seems really nice being semicircular crumble all hits and -1 on guard (even if it's high). Evasive properties maybe as well? Phasingturn K (specialhigh) is also only -1 on guard (and much faster then I thought). Brad has a lot of interesting stats on many moves to play around with, not being counterable often. Little things like 3pp being +1 now instead of even, 3k MC giving nitaku @+7 now etc are nice...

Ducking k+g = -15 on guard ;(((((
    3p+g = 30 dmg ??! Even with groundattack after making it maybe 43 it's still ttt might aswell do neutral which won't be escaped. Ohwell you are close to opponent and positioning is good.

33p+g, no damagereduction on just ukemi now or just not in movelist?

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif slams on all hits?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Myke; 6p+k's stats are wrong in the movelist? </div></div>
    Unfortunately, it's wrong in the Black Book. I might just change the Hit and CH to "slam", but can't guarantee the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33p+g, no damagereduction on just ukemi now or just not in movelist? </div></div>
    Black Book says nothing about damage reduction. Only that Just Ukemi is possible.

4. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Hey, I think that somehow his 6P+K got messed up with his 66P+K, thought I have never seen the second move. It's just that the stats of 66P+K look just like former 6P+K for me.

And for the throw, maybe it's not mentioned, but usually the just ukemi prevents aditional damge, doesn't it? I think it also does in 33P+G.

Hey, 46K+G isn't throw guaranteed, just nitaku /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    And hey again, what's the execution of [phasing turn]PP(max charge)?

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

No you're reading it wrong, 66p+k slams on all hits so I like it as a mid whiffpunish. Specially with movement/move options attatched. Don't know what kind of damage you get out of 66p+k normal hit slam though. 33p normalhit give 6_p > 66p+k, p which sounds like nice damage. Btw was thinking about playing around a lot with Brad 6_k and hoping it was similar to Vans kick but normalhit (+2) and guard (-6) together with 17frames show's that it's clearly not. Always nice with a semicircular more though I guess and it's specialhigh.

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think I agree with this. The Short Upper /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does not slam at all, and it's an error in the Black Book. I'll fix these shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And for the throw, maybe it's not mentioned, but usually the just ukemi prevents aditional damge, doesn't it? I think it also does in 33P+G.</div></div>
    Maybe it's changed in VF5. Even though there's no damage reduction from the throw itself, Just Ukemi still allows you to avoid the guaranteed down attack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, 46K+G isn't throw guaranteed, just nitaku /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    And hey again, what's the execution of [phasing turn]PP(max charge)? </div></div>
    The execution for attacks mid-string aren't given.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Are you still playing Brad Myke and Kiwe?

8. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I've mostly been whoring Pai (I just love doing liftingpalms) and had fun with Wolf since maybe a year back. Tried to increase my general knowledge with most characters also. Brad has always been such a love-hate relationship for me and a source of major frustration for years now. Along with this I've basicly become a tierwhore changing my viewpoint from "tiers don't matter" to "why have I wasted all this time with Brad"? Playing Ryan H last summer and seeing him deal with all the bs I get away with amongst most Nordic players kind of put the nail in the coffin for my Brad. Playing FT and seeing how rediculusly happy I got over the small changes (in retrospect) didn't help my motivation with Evo Brad either. Since then I've awaited VF5's incarnation where he gets a huge improvement and simply feels more fun. Evo Brad imho is like a shitty Steve Fox copy minus the imbalance but in VF5 he seems, and feels, like a complete character.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Haha i guess for me it the complete opposite, ive been using Pai since VF4 and i needed a change so i switched to start playing Brad(after a brief stint with Eileen)and now i'm just trying to learn more about his moves,combos etc etc

Brad seems like a new character in VF5, i find his sway after sway move really effective and his db+k has great range. I'm gonna try and reset up the PS3 at work and get to practicing again.

10. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

ya boy is on it... ;), reppin Brad from the beginning (technically not the beginning of Evo, but since he's been around I have been) so come to Ohio if you want some dum dums and rim rockers, they'll be sharpened and ready...

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

First of all I want to thank Myke and everyone else involved in getting this info up, cheers!

Off the top of my head, I'm very pleased with VF5 Brad. Considering his previous incarnations, he's only gone from strength to strength. Some of his staple moves have taken a hit in recovery here and there (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif), but I guess that's in order to balance out his fantastic new stuff (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif).

I haven't played VF in ages so when I finally get my hands on VF5 it'll sort of be like playing VF2 on my Saturn all over again...

On a trivial note; I'm disappointed that his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif from ducking and long ducking respectively doesn't earn you a "Super Replay"... Fingers crossed for Ver. C.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Ditto, thanks Myke! Just wanted to add that Brad's Front Kick
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be faked just like his Stop Kick
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and you can go into his
    Fake Jab/Body Crush Middle/Quick Low Kick! (this move is not even listed IN the game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Also his Sway Back- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif crumples on a counter hit and Brad goes into an animation where he says one of his intros from Evo in the Evo voice! "Bring it on." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
    Cool animation though.

13. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I'm loving brad right now but I am running into the issue with stopping sidestep with him. His p,K is good for doing this but it definitly can't be abused. I think personally key for him is to abuse and mixup his low game. Definitly has a lot more lows than what I expected.

14. tonyfamilia

Yo, DancingFighterG. Brad's 66p+k, 2or8p (phasing hook) helps a lot if you can anticipate or see, after hit-checking 66P+K, which way your opponent sidesteps. The opponent can sidestep the initial attack but they'll get hit with the hook. Even if they block the hook, Brad moves to the side while executing the hook and it's only -4 on block so it's a safe move to do.
    It also gets a super replay /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

15. tonyfamilia

Just a heads up:
    In the command list it says that you can go into Ducking or Slipping from Sway Back-P+K but you can't.
    You can only do this from Sway Back P+K, P; Sway back P and Sway Back 4P+K.

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Good pick up tony. That Note was out by one -- it should have applied to Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

This will be corrected in the next update.

17. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Just a quick question:
    In the movelist for Brad's 3K this shows up:
    "Recover Counter Hit: +1"
    Whadda?

18. tonyfamilia

I think that means that if it hits on a minor counter, like when an opponent is recovering from a move, Brad's 3K leaves him at +1.

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Some attacks have different properties between normal hit and recovery hit. These are noted in the Notes column, provided the info is available to begin with!

20. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    So THAT's what that "Recover CH" stands for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif