1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.B to VF5FS Eileen Guide

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by TheRook, May 7, 2012.

1. TheRook

TheRook Member

Besides all the system changes from VF5 to Final Showdown which can be viewed in another thread, this thread will be about the changes and additions to Eileen from Ver.B(PS3) to the current version of the game.

New Strings/moves:
    [6][P][P][K]
    [4][P]+[K][K]
    [4][3][P]+[K]
    [1][P]+[K][P](Old [4][P]+[K][P][P] first hit is completely gone)
    [6][K]+[G][K](Old [6][K]+[G][2][K])
    [7][K]+[G]

From Gokuu Shicchi(Monkey Run)
    [K]+[G][K](second strike on hit)[K]

From Warikomi
    [2][P]+[K]+[G] [P]
    [2][P]+[K]+[G] [K]

[8][P]+[K]+[G] [P][P][P]
    [8][P]+[K]+[G] [K]

From Gokuu Honshin
    [9][P]+[K]+[G] [P][P]
    [9][P]+[K]+[G] [P][K]

Cancel Moves
    [2][1][4][P][P][P]
    [2][1][4][P][K]
    [2][3][6][P]+[K] [2][K][K](second strike on hit)[K]
    [2][3][6][K]+[G]
    [2][1][4][K]+[G]

Back Turned Moves
    [2][K][P][P]

Throws:
    [6][6][P]+[G] (there is a Taka version)
    [4][6][P]+[G] (old [3][P]+[G])
    (Opp.Back to Wall)[6][4][P]+[G]
    (Opp.Back to Half Wall)[6][4][P]+[G]

I'll add move property changes at later date....

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'll just leave this here...

Eileen FS moves list

Also 4K+G has changed. It's that hopping kick you often see in Eileen videos. Still jumps lows, but no longer leaves you backturned.

edit to say: The reason i didn't bother with this is that it's a can of worms. Most things are different. [6][P]+[K] and it's properties have changed a lot, as have [3][P]. [3][K] is now 16f.

Heck, there were big changes from Vanilla ver.B to ver.C for Eileen. Probably better to look at her as a complete new character than one you can apply tweaks to.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Me no like change. I hope I still like her after all is said and done.

4. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think you'll really enjoy the changes, Tricky [​IMG]

5. Jetire911

Jetire911 New Member

Sorry if I sound scrubby (I'm fairly new to the VF series) but, compared to her Ver.B or Ver.C incarnation, has she become better or worse?

6. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Some tools were taken away and some interesting stuff added but I feel its fair. Not having to cancel 2/8 P+K+G allows more mixup opportunities. In my Master Guide I counted about 21 new attacks not available in vanilla. So many things added to her repertoire makes her pretty much a new character to learn again.

Btw, I saw Tricky adapt pretty quickly to her new stuff in his Fuudo match. I can't wait to take her to the lab.

7. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm just posting here to say I won't be answering that as 'worse' is too subjective [​IMG]

I will say however, that she was stupid in ver B. PP6P natural comboing was ridiculous imo. She seems a more complete character in FS, but doesn't take advantage of the system as well as some others (again, in my opinion).

8. Tricky

I've been meaning to give my input on what I feel about in terms of her changes; now's a good time.

So eileen feels very different, so much so that I'd say she's almost a new character. Her overall playstyle has changed from the quick nimble quite poking character, to a mid speed moderate dmging (though I still need to lab those combos so it might be higher dmg) character that is VERY counter hitcomfirm heavy now. This isn't to say that's a bad thing, just a different focus now.

Her setups have also changed a lot, mainly because of losing 6P+K's waraki actions. I haven't figured out what she actually has to replace it yet, other than 6P, 3P, and 1P. Her new moves 4P+K is godlike as it's half circular, I think covering her back, it's quick, is a high move (not so great), can be canceled, and has a low hit followup. If she can combo into any of her cancel actions after this move hits on CH, then it's going to be the new go to move.

The up and down wari actions now are much more useful than they ever were before, and I wish I could have figured out how to use it better while I was playing. I didn't figure out until yesterday while thinking about it, that it's really meant for pressuring on OKI. On knockdown you can 2P+K+G, and if they tech then go for the P guardbreak, if they didn't tech and are going to rise kick you have enough time to block. She basically has an option select now. The K option leads to big damage, but I just couldn't figure out which combo to use for it, but I can tell it leads to something huge. I'm talking half life at least huge.

I thought her new 43P+K was going to replace 6P+K but it doesn't. It's a 18 or 19 frame move, so it's way too slow to be using to fish for CHs. It's great for using after a CH2P,P, or from anything that puts you at +5. Otherwise it's very lackluster. The double hands helps deal with people who can catch your punches from neutral though.

6P+K+G is much much better now that it has a low circular, mid, catch throw mixup to work with. I was shocked how many times I was able to hit people with the 2K+G,K,K move. Even Fuudo got hit by it and I was expecting him to block it straight up. Granted it might have been after the Zenk 2K,KK but it's the same animation and move. The timing for hitting the third K that leads to knockdown is a little funny, it's later than you think it is. That was messing me up the whole way through. She can also now cancel into the 6P+K+G which means more reason for people to fear the low circular attack which comes out fast, or you can use the shoulder, or zenk K. So yeah she has some good options.

In general eileen now fits in with the cast better than before. She isn't the anomoly she was in the previous versions and feels more like a VF character. what I mean by that is that she is far more yomi dependent now. If you know how to read your opponent and pick up on their habits, eileen has all the tools needed to punish them very hard for it. She also feels like shun in that she can break a lot of the VF system rules, and has a lot of evasive moves akin to lion. Figuring out exactly what evades what, and at what frames will be the first set of things I'll be trying out in dojo.

TL;DR: She's a lot more work to use now, very strong, more reliant on adequate yomi and character evasiveness options than before.

PSA: shoulder ram still goes under 2P (only tested on Pai).

9. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Most 2Ps in the game were reanimated and will now hit an opponent on knockdown who doesn't tech. All moves that can do that can hit shoulder ram in it's most evasive frames so I'm guessing it can't go under them. Pai's 2P was untouched so keeps it old vulnerabilities. I've still seen it go under elbows, but from what I've seen most 2P will hit it.

Something not mentioned here is that her [4][6][K] sabaki is gone (as far as i can see). Her [4][P]+[K]+[G] Has been upgraded and now gives significant advantage when successful. Enough to [9][K] or even [4][6][K]+[G].

10. Tricky

46K will be missed greatly. It was gone, all I got was regular 6K. Granted that actually ended up working out for me better as it normally hit in situations where I would have used 46K. I still miss it though. I've seen the shoulder go under Jacky's 2P also. More testing is going to need to be done before we can wright off the shoulder evasiveness. It for sure lost it's Leet status, but it still has some of the old swag hanging around.

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    From CH shldrm, no need to hitcheck for 236KKK btw. 6PPK is far easier to land and does about the same damage. I think that makes it a good move regardless.

She has other good ways of dealing with 2P now in 4K+G and 9P as well as 4PKG.

I think the go to half circulars will be 4K+G and 4K. 4K+G will jump low attacks and give you nitaku on CH and 4K will sideturn your opponent on CH.

A mid or special high half circ combo starter would have been nice, but those 2 options aren't terrible.

12. Tricky

Don't forget 9P, that launcher is fairly safe and hops over lows.

13. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Skim reading my posts [​IMG]

It's a way of dealing with 2P, yes, but it isn't half circular. She needs a half circular that really punishes 2P abare. 4K+GK will jump the 2P and the 2nd hit will leave her at +6, but it'd be better if it launched.

14. Tricky

Sry for skimming Marly. I looked just didn't see it. I've been looking at vids of people using eileen and they seem to use 9P a lot. I've noticed 4K+G be used as a way to crush low rising attacks.

15. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Thank you for the Eileen FS input Tricky. Very informative.

Damn this is something I have missed completely. What the hell? Does she get any new sabaki options to compensate? That is one of my favorite moves! Are we stuck with [4] [P] + [K] + [G]? I know it's buffed but still... [​IMG]

Wari from neutral is great. I always felt like that should have been possible. The [2] [P] + [K] + [G], [K] into combo is good news. Very good news. I also kind of look forward to her low circular frpm [6] [P] + [K] + [G]. Reminds me of Shun. I like most of what I read here, and I really look forward to start experimenting with her new stuff.

16. Tricky

46K, oh it will be missed. I probably leaned on this move more than I should have, so it's probably for the best it's gone. I must say, during the LA matches I would try 46K out of reaction in some situations and end up getting 6K and hitting with it. Go figure.

17. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    9K guaranteed from successful 4P+K+G is very nice. I'm not very proficient with that move in vanilla though, so that's something I'm gonna have to work on in the dojo tomorrow. Get the feel for it and all that. I have a special relation to 46K though and it will indeed be missed. But I guess you should try to find new things instead of mourning old ones.

About hitting 6K in situations were you want to 46K, might 6K have been buffed (startup speed maybe?) or is it more of a realisation about something you might have overlooked?

18. SonCloud

SonCloud Member

Tricky you're right,she plays so differently it pretty crazy!

19. Tricky

I just updated my blog about some of the changes I've been noticing to eileen. I'll post the link so peeps can follow it, it'll be getting a lot of updates over the next few days.

Basically found that 9P goes over all high attacks up to -9 which is pretty nice. It's a good launcher and safe on block. IT's very slow attack though so you kinda need to know they're going to block crouching or LP you or you're going to be hit, or worse launched.

Also her shoulder goes under mids still, but only in open stance. I've tested this on Goh's elbow and it worked up to -6. I can't remember if it worked at the -8 range.

20. SonCloud

SonCloud Member

Thanks Tricky I knew 9p had to be good for something but what one do you prefer? 9p or 9k cause even tho 9k is unsafe on block i would think you can get a large damaging combo off of 9k,but good info tho!