1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Brad Combos

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Myke, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C Brad Combos

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

If you have any corrections or additions then please post in this thread.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>More information about the VFDC Combo lists can be found in the VF5 Combo Lists announcement.</span>

2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Myke, the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif after the Neck Catch → Right/Back/Left Through is only against heavyweights, correct?

Also, I'm confused about the CH SL/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combo. I guess it's supposed to be SR/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I didn't know that you could refloat with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after a gut collapse. Any tips on achieving this?

SR/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif was listed as a heavyweight only combo on the list. However, if you time the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif correctly, this combo will also work on Brad, Jacky, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion from the open foot position.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on Jeffry in the closed foot position doesn't work for me. The knee at the end always whiffs. Are you sure that this is possible?

I'll be sure to add other combos that I've discovered later. Lastly, thanks Myke for adding these lists.

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yep. In open space, the Heavy weights don't get thrown as far away after the Through, allowing the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to connect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I'm confused about the CH SL/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combo. I guess it's supposed to be SR/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I didn't know that you could refloat with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after a gut collapse. Any tips on achieving this?</div></div>
    You're right, it should be SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, but technically speaking this doesn't cause a stomach crumple after CH, nor can you refloat after a groin crumple with a standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, so I'm going to remove it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SR/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif was listed as a heavyweight only combo on the list. However, if you time the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif correctly, this combo will also work on Brad, Jacky, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion from the open foot position.</div></div>
    Thanks! I'll update the combos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on Jeffry in the closed foot position doesn't work for me. The knee at the end always whiffs. Are you sure that this is possible?</div></div>
    You're right, it whiffs against Jeffry and the combo list was in error. Against Jeffry you should do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead for 48pts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be sure to add other combos that I've discovered later. Lastly, thanks Myke for adding these lists. </div></div>
    Awesome. I also plan to update/improve Brad's combos too, especially with all the ver.c specific combos not currently there.

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Alright, I posted these in another thread, but I thought that it would be appropriate to make a condensed version (i.e., the combos worth doing) here.

Slipping Left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (65)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(Slipping Right)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (67)

1. Combo 1 will work against Lightweights, Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, Lion, Jacky, Jeffry from the open foot position, and Shun. Against Jacky and Shun, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Against Brad, Lei-Fei, and Pai from the closed foot position and Jeffry from the open foot position, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

2. Combo 2 will work against Lightweights, Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion. In order for this combo to work, you must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

Counter Hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (69)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(Slipping Right)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (71)

1. Combo 1 will work against Lightweights, Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion. This combo will also work against Jacky and Shun from the open foot position. Against Brad from the closed foot position and Jacky and Shun from the open foot position, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

2. Combo 2 will work against Lightweights, Lau, and Lei-Fei. This combo will also work against Brad and Lion from the open foot position. In order for this combo to work, you must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Against Aoi and Eileen, the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif only needs to be delayed from the closed foot position.

Phasing Turn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (68)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(Slipping Right)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (70)

1. Combo 1 will work against all characters. Against Akira, El Blaze, Goh, Kage, and Wolf, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Against Jeffry, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif slightly for more consistency.

2. Combo 2 will work against Lightweights, Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion. Against Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, Lion, and Pai, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Against Sarah and Vanessa, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif towards the front side.

Slipping Right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/Counter Hit Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (60/71)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (63/74)

1. Combo 1 will work against Jeffry and Wolf. This combo will also work against Brad, Jacky, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion from the open foot position. In order for this combo to work, you must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (Note that the timing may be different for some characters).

2. Combo 2 will work against Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion from the open foot position. Against Brad from the open foot position, replace the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for the same damage. In order for this combo to work, you must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (Note that the timing may be different for some characters).

EDIT: Even though this has been condensed, it's still a lot of information to take in. Here's the most important things to remember:

- Slipping Left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will work against Jacky and Shun, and Jeffry from the open foot position. Make sure to delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

- Slipping Left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(Slipping Right)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will work against Lightweights if you delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will work against Brad from the closed foot position, Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion. Against Brad from the closed foot position, delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(Slipping Right)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will work against Lightweights. You must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, though you only need to do this against Aoi and Eileen from the closed foot position.

- Slipping Right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will work against Lau, Lei-Fei, and Lion from the open foot position. Against Brad from the open foot position, replace the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for the same damage. In order for this combo to work, you must delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (Note that the timing may be different for some characters).

This isn't always listing the highest damage combos for each character, but it's a good way to start in taking in this information.

I will keep adding combos after I've had time to test the requirements.

5. Libertine

On Eileen and Aoi from the open foot position, you can use:

(LD)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Also, is it me or does the same combo as above, only ending with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (the Black Book combo) not work against Sarah and Vanessa? Maybe I just suck...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (55)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (57)

1. Combo 1 will work against lightweights from the closed foot position.

2. Combo 2 will work against lightweights from the open foot position.

CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

1. CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (68)
    2. CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (70)

1. Combo 1 will work against lightweights from the closed foot position.

2. Combo 2 will work against lightweights from the open foot position.

CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)

1. CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (74)
    2. CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif(Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif→/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (76)

1. Combo 1 will work against lightweights from the open foot position.

2. Combo 2 will work against lightweights from the closed foot position.

More to come!

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the combos, Libertine. Hey if you're still online, add me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. McMystery

McMystery Active Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif 75/90

NH
    EI closed
    PA closed
    SA closed
    VA closed

CH
    EL
    AO
    PA
    SA
    VA
    EL closed
    BR closed
    KA closed

Yes, I know I haven't written this out in the best way but this is how I documented it as I tested. You can land it on characters that it doesn't usually work on if you hit in the later active frames but I didn't test it.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Guys, thanks for the inputs so far, I'll get to entering them in soon.

I've recently cleaned up the Long Ducking Double Knee combos, with some more maniac ones to come requiring frame wasting (single frame, or other) to refloat.

Also, the Knee & Upper, and Kao Loy (66K) sections were updated, but the Kao Loy probably needs more CH only combos added.

The entire Step Change Knee (46K) section needs to be added too.

A huge thanks to danny13 for providing a lot of the input for these!

9. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

I have no idea if you guys knew about this one, I sure didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEk4As72abk

Yoshi rings out a Kage at the end with the following combo:
    (Long Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(ducking merely used as delay, probably /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-cancelled),/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah, I think there was a post in the VF.TV forum a long time ago when most of us saw it in a vid for the first time.

Depending on the character and stance, it's possible to get similar combos, but the trickiest thing is the variable timing required for the refloat.

For some, a simple 6P+K+G to go to ducking provides the perfect delay for the refloat. For others, a whiffed standing punch and 1-frame cancelled followups are necessary.

Thanks to danny's hard work, I'll get these up on the combo page soon (eventually) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

11. tonyfamilia

That combo only works on closed foot stance. The way I get it to work is dash in, do a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif a little bit late then wait half a sec and do the standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Timing is tricky on that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but you'll see the opponent float way higher than normal when you get it right. Then follow with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif no need to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gifcancel after the standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Here's another combo that I don't think was listed but works on lightweights and most middleweights:
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif immediately do OM to opponent's back, tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to cancel or just wait half a sec and tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gifcancel or wait half a sec and do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    The damage of this combo varies upon the height that the opponent floats but I've done up to 77pts of damage with this one. I saw either Itoshun, 10near or WhitePony do this combo on version C and it was one of the first things I tried when I got my 360.

Here's a combo I've been working on (offline only, of course) that does not require foot stance awareness (which I suck at XD):
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif dash in and do a reeeally late /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for about 65+pts
    OR
    an easier way is to OM (back or front) and then do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Yeah, I coulda kept this info to myself and be like a lot of non-sharing VF'ers, yall know who yall are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif but I can't.

A lot of the info that I learned and that got me more into this game, I got it from VFDC thanks to people sharing strats, combos and tactics.
    I figured I'd give a little bit back and carry on that tradition for other VF'ers out there.

12. Libertine

Oops! The notes should read as the following:

1. Combo 1 will work against lightweights from the open foot position.

2. Combo 2 will work against lightweights from the closed foot position.

Sorry for the mistake.

Also, I've tested SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif against Vanessa in the open foot position and it works against her too. You just need to time the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif right to refloat. If you want more damage, try SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

13. Libertine

I'm bored.

Against lightweights, you can do Slipping Right [P] [2][P] [​IMG][3][P] [P][K].

It only does one less damage than the [6][6][P][+][K][P] [2]/[8] Slipping Right [K] ender, plus it leaves the opponent side turned. This is a really shitty position for your opponent to be in. Afterwards you can dash forward. If they are still lying down by the time you get there, you can use Brad's pounce. If the opponent is on her way up, be on the defensive. They can barely start to have risen by the time you close the distance with the dash and the pounce should still be guaranteed.

That is all for now.

14. XxLegaiaxX

XxLegaiaxX Well-Known Member

excuse me...where can i see this new combos on video? have you a link?

15. Libertine

May I ask why you want a video? If you're having trouble with certain combos, you could just ask for help here and someone should eventually assist you. But to answer your question, not every combo in here is in a video. For instance, the last combo posted in this thread is one of my own creations.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Theres no reason why we couldnt make more tutorial vids though [​IMG]

17. tonyfamilia

Vid or it didn't happen [​IMG]

18. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Taking a pause from SSF4 I'm back to VF, learning Brad. ^^
    While training on the Dojo I think I found a combo that I didn't see anywhere on this site or the wiki :
    [6][6] [K],[3][P][P],[6][6][P]+[K][P]

On Aoi, closed stance. It does 71 pts which is the maximum damage for this launcher afaik. On counter the same combo works regardless of foot stance for a nice 85pts iirc.
    For some reason it didn't work on Pai. I didn't try on other lightweight, I'll check and post the results.

19. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    What are Brad's floats after a BT [P]+[K] hit? It gives a head crumple but Brad recovers BT. Will BT [P][K][6][K] work?

20. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i saw this on a video.
    duno who it will who it work for. im too jammed up in what i gotta do.. work and i have other brad stuff to go through
    i didnt see this on blackbook.. nevermind me, im jus writing things that may be of use, nvm replying to this post until i find something useful

I saw this on LEI FEI
    open stance CH:66k, p, 6P+K, into 46K+G
    -upon testing OP or closed so any stance but requires a CH for 80 DMG

the one on the blackbook does 83, but less distance i think. maybe he used it for RO.

he does this twice
    http://www.youtube.com/user/10near#p/u/25/OBOC2KLbluI

Closed on Kage
    2P+K, 6p, p into 2K+G K, into oki options/covers a lil more distance
    -upon testing ANY op/cl

p delay; requires refloat. i think covers more distance. 1 point less dmg than blackbook

2p+K, 6p, 66 k, closed kage
    -ANY: 2 less point.. higher float? higher wall splat, perhaps. diff recovery time on wake up.