1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Kage TFT Combos

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 24, 2012.

By Myke on Jan 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This video guide is dedicated to Kage's Koenraku throw, aka Ten Foot Toss (TFT), and arguably one of the best throws in the game due to its potential for damage and ring out. This is a compilation of the best TFT combos for each character covering maximum damage, ring outs and wall usage. Performed on Xbox 360, VF5 Version C.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jan 24, 2012.

1. erdraug
    2. Kruza
      Kruza
      Nice video, Myke. Nothing like showcasing dozens of more reasons for me to despise Kage.

Kruza
    3. Mister
      Mister
      Nice video mike, hoping to see more like that. Just a question, when you comboed Shun there was an icon like "no drink" displayed. Does that mean that combo leaves drunken points? or to do that combo shun shouldn't have drunken points? tnx
    4. Myke
      Myke
      It means that this is the best damaging combo which also reduces Shun's drink points (by 1). If you watch the drink counter in the upper right you'll see it drop when Kage performs [6][P][+][K][P].
    5. Kiuju
      Kiuju
      Fuckin awesome and I don't play Kage.
    6. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      Myke,

Try against Lion, Pai, and Eileen.(Might be more)

TFT > OMK(the direction to your leg during that toss animation) > 2P > 66P+K > 7K+G

The damage is above 90 and 100 on Pai. [​IMG]

Edit: Sorry my bad, there was something wrong setup with tech roll position. How many people would tech roll after TFT? [​IMG]
    7. Myke
      Myke
      Dennis, yeah I'm fully aware of the TFT > OMK combos [​IMG] Just watch the end of this which I posted 5 years ago (shit, has it been that long!?)

But as you found, they're all avoidable if you tech. You can get some other high damage combos too if you time the hit just as they drop such as TFT > [6][K][+][G], but they're risky if you miss!
    8. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      I see, sorry about wrong info.

These new standard video are really good, and I think we all expect more and more coming with FS. I also wonder is it possible that FS commends/combos list can somehow saved as a PDF file? I mean people can direct download here and easily print out. Does it make sense??
    9. Myke
      Myke
      Dennis, I think you should be able to save/print directly from the browser?
    10. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      I did try long time ago, but not sure why it failed. Probably due to the resolution or something setup I guess. Anyway I'll print out again in the future.
    11. Feck
      Feck
      Great video again Myke, I really like all the effort you've put into these combo vids [​IMG]

Might not be the best place to ask but do you have any decent software recommendations for capturing and video editing? The software bundled with my HD PVR just doesn't cut it so i'm looking at getting something better.
    12. Myke
      Myke
      Feck, for capturing I used the bundled software that came with the HD PVR (and I don't think you have a choice otherwise?).

For editing, I've used Windows Movie Maker which is really quick and easy to use. If you just want to cut a bunch of clips together with transitions and basic overlays, apply some BGM too, then WMM can do this easily. I used WMM when I put together that FT10 challenge I had against Kim's Aoi.

For more fancier editing, such as the recent combo vids, I've used Adobe Premier Pro. I probably haven't even begun to scratch the surface of Premier Pro's functionality, but it just handles things like overlays, titles, animations (and multiple layers of) much better than WMM. I specifically used this for the combo videos since I couldn't find a way of doing the character bar at the bottom easily within WMM.

Also, WMM is free. Premier Pro is not. Hope this helps.