1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Lau Command List

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C Lau Command List

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

The summary of Ver.C changes, from akai's thread:

Lau
    X | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | The second kick will connect more consistently
    O | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | 52(51) frames, -6 on Guard
    O | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | 57(56) frames and -13 on Guard
    O | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | +4 on Hit,+8 on Counter
    X | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | ???small down attack…???
    X | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | ??More difficult to immediately execute on hit??
    O | (kokei) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | Counter hit slams opponent
    O |/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | +4 on Hit, +8 on Counter
    X | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | camera modification only

O = change applies to command list data
    X = change does not apply to command list data

If you find any corrections, or wish to discuss the command list, then post in this thread.

2. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

Man, no wonder Dissy (Happy Friend) does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif all the time. That's a nice increase for that move and for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif from version B. (if I'm reading correctly)

Great info. Thanks!

3. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

Just a small note: Kokei /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif causes crouch stagger
    (This is what causes Kokei /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to combo vs crouchers, the 1st hit staggers, making the 2nd hit launch)

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    4 months late, but thanks. Added to command list.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Lau's 1P3K crouch staggers.

Lau's PK is -1 on hit but according to KoD if you go into Kokei it's +3. If this is so, are there any other moves that can go into Kokei that have a frame change once they hit and Lau goes into Kokei?
    Moves such as 3KP which is -3 on hit. Does this move and others like it get a frame boost when Lau goes into Kokei?

6. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
  7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

1P3K doesn't crouch stagger.

Any normal hit -> knockdown
    MC -> stagger (stand and crouch)

No idea what happens on mc and it hardly matters since it ain't going to happen.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

f+P+K does not crouch stagger. I've no idea why I never realized the list said so before.

Also, if you want to add side / back crumple moves then it seems (so far from matches, not really going through everything in dojo) that aside from mc / MC df+K or OM K there is fully charged P+K on any hit or any hit BT P+K. I don't think I've ever gotten a side / backcrumple with anything else with Lau.

Not really his strongest point I guess, even though his OM is pretty good.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Correct. It doesn't stagger on crouch.
    However, on CH it stumbles rather than staggers (I think this is what you meant by "stand and crouch").

Updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, if you want to add side / back crumple moves then it seems (so far from matches, not really going through everything in dojo) that aside from mc / MC df+K or OM K there is fully charged P+K on any hit or any hit BT P+K. I don't think I've ever gotten a side / backcrumple with anything else with Lau.</div></div>
    Thanks, but I'm still not sure how to best note which moves produce side and back crumples in the command list. Maybe a note will do?

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, on CH it stumbles rather than staggers (I think this is what you meant by "stand and crouch").</div></div>
    Well, I just meant that it staggers (or stumbles) on MC whether the opponent is crouching or standing. That's all.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    how come lau's 8p isn't there?!?

12. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Where?

13. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    In the VF5 Ver.C Lau Command List

14. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    It slams on hit? If so, it is under the "jump attack" section listed as (asc)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

15. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    its def not a mid double kick heeheehee

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just to clear up a common misconception, some of you may see attacks such as jumping punches (like Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif) listed as a Mid Double Kick (MDK) class and wonder why? It's neither a double limbed attack, nor is it a kicking attack, so what's going on?

The answer primarily has to do with how the engine classifies the move, particularly when dealing with reversal and sabaki events. Currently, only Aoi has the ability to reverse double limbed attacks, of which there are two flavours:

1. MDP - Mid Double Punch (e.g. Akira's double palm) - Reversal results in grabbing both hands and slamming over shoulder for damage.

2. MDK - Mid Double Kick (e.g. Lei's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) - Reversal results in Aoi spinning out of harms way and gets some advantage.

Since the "class" property for each move is no longer published, we've had to reverse engineer it so-to-speak. So the "class" information found on the command list for things like jumping attacks is determined by what happens when Aoi reverses it. For Lau's 9P, she spins away, hence it's classed as MDK.