1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Sarah Combos

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Myke, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C Sarah Combos

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

If you have any corrections or additions then please post in this thread.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>More information about the VFDC Combo lists can be found in the VF5 Combo Lists announcement.</span>

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Open b+K+G, P, FC f+K+G,K on Brad does 60.

Manjimaru found out some b+K+G combo with PPb+PK but I'll leave that to him since he probably knows the character / stance details better than me.

This one is also by Manjimaru so props for him (sorry for presenting it in your stead)
    FL df+K, G, df+P,K, PPb+PK
    Closed stance, at least on Lei and Brad. Doing G-cancel times the hits for df+P,K right for both hits so it's recommended.

After d+P+K,K both "df+P,K, f+P+K,K" and "df+P,K, P,P,d+K hit Pai from both stances.

d+P+K,K, df+P,K, P,b+K does 59 and works from open stance up to Jacky.

As useless as it is, since F+K,K is mentioned in there I'll say that d+P+K,K, d+K,K is same damage and IIRC works up to Lau from both stances.

MC u+K+G, df+P,K, P,P,d+K works on Eileen and probably other LW's too on both stances.
    MC u+K+G, df+P,K, f+P+K,K works on MW's from closed stance for 64 but I don't remember who is the heaviest it works on.
    There's also MC u+K+G, df+P,K, P,b+K from open stance. 63 damage up to Akira.

d+K+G, d+K,K is not stance specific on anyone. It always hits.
    d+K+G, db+K+G,K, u+K isn't guaranteed on Jeffry, the somersault can be teched. Probably not Wolf or maybe even Akira either.

You can do some of DC combos out of f+K on late hit.

MC (F+)K,P and mc F+K,P combos are not identical. mc float is lower. Therefore there should be 2 different sections for this.
    I remember you can do bounces on MC on LW's but I don't remember the best combos.

DC, K,P, d+K,K is closed stance up to Akira. Hits LW's from both stances but I haven't tested all, Pai for sure. When done in combos you should use (and note) K,P instead of F+K,P since for some weird reason the float is a bit better on aerial K,P (some side hit bounce juggles works with K,P but not F+K,P IIRC).

uf+K and (b+P,K)MC b+K also give combos similar to serpent and u+K+G with a bit lower float. Could make own section if I find my list of combos somewhere...

Step (K,K,)K cr.v:
    - d+K,K 43 damage on everyone. No stance requirements.
    - b+K, PPb+P,K 52 damage on LW's and Lion. No stance requirements.

I'm a bit tired so I didn't check it out throughly but there's something.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Closed stance flamingo counterhit, apparently works on all characters except Jeff and Wolf for 66. For Jeff and Wolf you can do
    FL df+K, G, df+P,K, PP2K for 62. (But this is already listed)

Why are the second and third FL df+K comboes listed as "normal hit"? FL df+K is a combostarter only on counter..

That b+K+G PPb+PK combo is under further testing... but apparently its a 61 point combo on heavyweights.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Pointing it out that
    CH FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif on lightweights is always exact recoverable. Its not a real combo on any character. Id rather keep it on the lists though, just add "exact recoverable" to it.

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Note added.

Thanks Combolammas and Manjimaru for the feedback. While the combo lists may take a while before it gets updated (still have not tested/update the info from the the first two posts you guys made), comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Some corrections and additions:

[4][K]+[G] -> [6_][P] -> [K][K]
    Is listed as open stance combo. However it works in both stances against Eileen, Aoi, Pai, Sarah, Vane, Lion, Lei,Brad, Lau, blaze. Pressing [6_] for the punch is required only against Shun I believe. It doesnt work against Akira. (as is listed)

[4][K]+[G] -> [P] -> [​IMG][6][K]+[G][K] works in open stance against Lau, Brad, Vanessa and Sarah. It seems to be however range dependant. Against Vanessa it works only in medium-long range. Against Sarah at maximum range only. Damage is 60 on normal hit.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation vs. Shun... I figured as much, but never bothered to research it.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    GRR I made a mistake. YOu need to do [4][K]+[G] -> [6_][P] -> [2][K][K] against shun. That threw me off. Ignore what I said about that combo.

*mumble* this is why I hate doing combo lists. Theres so much stuff to test and changing characters takes too much time. Just testing two combos on all characters took me a hour.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

heh! ... I never finished the verB combo table...

What gets me, is that Shun and Blaze are similar physically... at least in terms of height and weight, right? Those 2 don't really group together for combos tho... they both have short stubby legs.

10. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I think you can just put a delayed gap inbetween 4K+G and P vs Shun for the combo.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Blaze is lighter than Shun, but they do have similarly (and annoyingly) small statures that make combos harder than they oughta be (e.g. after a slam or stomach crumple).

12. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

So I slaved away for a few hours the other day on Dojo.

I'd like to practice every combo on that chart for every character and I probably will but I need more time.

Anyway here's what I wrote down on notepad, I'll just go ahead and copy and paste that.

I had the cpu exact recover with a random fall when doing these combo's btw. Some of the problems with the table was incorrect damage or a "?" for the damage on some of the combos. I hope there are no errors in what I type up here.

Sarah 4K+G normal hit, crouch dash, forward, K+G K open stance on brad only combo - 60 pts. (the chart had a "?" for damage)

Sarah 4K+G normal hit then P, 2KK combo does not connect on Shun in closed stance, the P does not connect and the table is wrong. Do 2P instead of neutral P then follow up for 50 pts instead of 51.

Sarah 4K+G normal hit then P, 3PK does not connect on Jeffry OR Wolf in closed stance with exact recover. An alternative is 4K+G, Hold forward, P, G, P4K for 43 pts.

Sarah 4K+G normal hit then P,,, KK works on Eileen in both stances but the table says it only works on open stance. Same for: Aoi, Pai, Sarah, Vanessa, El Blaze, Misses on Goh for closed, Brad, Lei, misses on Kage for closed, misses on Shun for closed (1st P doesn't connect), Lion, Lau, misses on closed for Jacky, misses on closed for Akira, misses on Wolf and Jeffry completely.

Sarah 4K+G normal hit then P, 3PK worked on Eileen in open stance. Same for: Aoi, Pai, Sarah, Vanessa, worked for El Blaze in BOTH stances!, Goh, Brad, Lei, Kage, Shun, Lion, Lau, Akira, Wolf, Jeffry.

Sarah FL cut in middle combo. Start in closed stamce, instant flamingo then cut in middle CH, LP, 4k, PP2K combo = 57 pts, tested on eileen.

Sarah 6pK CH for K then 33K combo is 40 pts, tested on Eileen in open and closed stance.

Sarah 6pK CH for K then 3p K backflip combo is 59 pts not 55, tested on Eileen in open and closed stance.

Sarah 6pK CH for K then 1K+G, K, backflip combo does 58 pts, tested on Eileen only open stance would let the second hit of 1K+G, K connect.

Sarah 6pK CH for K then hold forward, PPP, backflip combo does 59 pts, tested on Eileen only closed stance connected. (the tables says open stance only connects but open stance the P's whiff).

Sarah 6pK CH for K then 3pK, 6+PK, K does 61 pts, tested on Eileen only open stance connected. (the table is wrong again it says only closed stance connects)

Sarah KP on CH then crouch dash, forward, K+G, K combo does 70 pts of damage, tested on Eileen in both stances.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Something I tested out and it is technically combo material.

[9] [K] + [G] [P] (CH) [P] [K] -> [6] [P] [4] [K] (stagger launch) -> Either
    (Open) [P] -> [2] [K] [K]
    Or
    (Closed) [3] [P] [K] -> [8] [K]

(this was done on mirror I think so you'd have to change this for mids and heavies)

If the second punch in the canned string hits for a counter the whole thing is guaranteed. This combo is for a normal stagger recovery, if your opponent does perfect recovery nothing is technically guaranteed except a very good nitaku situation. I had my brother do a semi-perfect recovery and found that often [P] [K] and [3] [P] [K] would be guaranteed so if you are facing someone with great stagger recovery skills it's not a bad bet to use those.

If they suck at stagger recovery go ahead and abuse them with:
    [9] [K] + [G] [P] (CH) [P] [K] -> [4] [K] -> (insert stagger combo of choice)

This stuff usually does around half life with the stagger launches and like around 60-70 I think with just the PK stuff.

Random notes:

On a walled stage if you hit counter hit [​IMG] [6] [K] + [G] [K] at the right distance they will hit the wall just right and you can follow up with another [​IMG] [6] [K] + [G] [K] and a pounce for half life.

If you are both parallel to the wall and I believe in the closed stance [6] [K] + [G] [K] will wall stagger and you can follow up with guaranteed [P] [K] for like 60-80 dmg.

An old trick is [3] [P] [K] at a certain distance will wall stagger and you can get a free FL [2] [K] ~ [P] + [G] or FL [3] [P] [K] for more FL pressure.

Often if you stagger an opponent by the wall with a FL move or entry ( [6] [K], [8] [K], FL [3] [K], FL [4] [K] ) knowledgeable players will struggle mightily to avoid the mid kick crumple combo. In those cases try using [3] [K] + [G] ~ [P] + [G] now and then. If he sucks at stagger recovery it will combo for half life, if he is good at stagger recovery he will still eat a 40 dmg guard throw. As it is quite difficult to stagger recovery effectively and get an evade out it's a pretty decent set up.

15. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Nice man. just want to add to that. if they wall recover and you go for 3g+k they can duck or 2p you to avoid the link. but again that's only if they are good at stagger recovery.
    I would also like to add Fl 1k is a great tool for wall stagger into Fl 2k~p+g 62dmg/75dmg after down attack. and Fl 6k at/near wall gives you free 3k stun. no wall stun needed. just someone with bad recovery, like you said already.

yeah I didn't know that if you get CH on 9k+g,p you get the whole thing. that's cool. also your follow up to this set up works on Om+p stagger.

16. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Sorry if this was already said, I noticed it wasn't on Sarah's combo list but here's the max damage gauranteed combo for FL [3][K] crumple and the characters/stance it works on:

FL [3][K], [G], [3][P][K]. [P][P][4][P][K]. 66pts of damage works only in closed stance.

[G], [3][P][K], [P][P][4][P][K] did not work on: Pai (backflip didn't connect, [P][P][2][K] did for 62pts of damage instead). Blaze (see Pai notes). Goh (see Pai notes). Kage (see Pai notes). Jacky (see Pai notes). Akira (see Pai notes). Wolf (see Pai notes). Jeffry (see Pai notes).

So basically even on these characters where the backflip didn't connect [P][P][2][K] did giving 62pts of damage.

This isn't "my" combo or anything I think Manji claimed this one on shoutbox one time.

On another note: WTF! Doesn't work on Pai!?

EDIT: This combo was discussed looking back on the thread but the stance/character details is incorrect (Manji you n00b!)

17. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Is it really confirmed ?
    I mean, even the cpu can't exact recovery it ( both in quest mode or training mode ), futhermore, it's weird that a move that is supposed to be recoverable causes a bounce ? it usually just make you eat the floor for a free down attack if you fail to tech.

18. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    So, I guess it's a true combo then, someone should remove the false statement "exact recovery possible"

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You must be better than me doing this combo then.. [​IMG] I cant do it without exact recovery being possible.

I assume you know how to set exact recovery on from dojo CPU settings..? The default recovery is not exact..

Yes it does, try with a different timing.

20. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Do you have a video ?