1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5c Vane attacks that combo

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by erdraug, May 29, 2010.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    To my knowledge there hasn't been a compilation of vane's "NC" and CH combos in VFdc :whistle: so i'm copy-pasting some of my notes to get us started, i'm sure i'm missing a lot of them. I apologize for the poor formatting:

~ DS
    ~ Natural Combos
    p,p
    p+k,p
    f,f+p,p **requires timing**
    p+k,p
    p+k,pkg
    f+p+k,p
    b,f+k,p
    df+k+g,f+p+g //hit throw//

~ CH combos
    f+p,k
    f+p,df+k
    k,u/d+k
    d+k,p
    d+k,pkg **pointless**
    f+k,f+p+g //hit throw//

~ OS
    ~ Natural Combos
    p,k
    p,p,p **kinda pointless**
    f+p,pkg **requires timing**
    b,f+p,p,b+p
    df+k,pkg
    f,f+k,p
    p+k,p
    p+k,pkg
    b,f+p+k,p
    b+k+g,p+g //hit throw//
    f,f+k+g,f+p+g //hit throw//
    IS p,pkg

~ CH combos
    db+p+k,p
    db+p+k,k
    d+k,p,p
    f+k,k,p,p **side CH only!**
    df+p+k,k **pointless**
    b,f+k,f+p+k //hit throw//
    d+k+g,f+p+g //hit throw//

I'm bunching the hit-throws in there marking them as such just in case.

Looking back at this list i can already spot some moves missing like OS p,df+p, DS d+k,p sidehit etc.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [2][K],[P][K][G] certainly isn't pointless. You just haven't found a use for it yet, but you shouldn't brand it as such.

3. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

That 2 hit is extremely important in my game.

4. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    [2][K] [P][K][G] :A low attack that strings into a half-circular high elbow with adv. on hit/block...and that's pointless to you?

It's God like in side-turned situations.

Also I'd say that [3][P]+[K] [K] is useful as a combo ender, and for its force crouch properties.

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    If that's all there is to contribute to my list i guess i should be happy :LOL:

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    d+KP+K+G doesnt seem to have advantages over d+KP in sideturned situation. It does not combo on normal hit even against sideturned.

However on counterhit d+KP+K+G is hitconfirmable, d+KP isnt.

7. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    thanks guys for the info
    ( :

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    And OS [3][P]+[K][K] like erdraug said is pointless in this list because it doesnt combo on normal hit, and on counterhit [3][P]+[K] is a launcher you get better things after than just the followup [K].

9. Chefboy_OB

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Imho there is almost no such thing as a pointless move. I would say the move is situational. For those moments when you feel your opponent is being patient at first then aggressive in their response. Now most fighters won't fall prey to a low throw, but their concentration on beating it will control their next action.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I dont think you understood what I said..

11. Chefboy_OB

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    That's what I get for not bothering to read what I write before I submit. I'll attempt to give this post a more full treatment.

When it comes to [3][P]+[K], I fully accept that it is really not very important to Vanessa's game. I don't even use it as a launcher most of the time that I do. Usually, I only pull it out to end butt slam combos in OS. Yet, I appreciate having the move for those rare moments when I know my opponent is unlikely to eat the initial launcher, but will attempt to retaliate after blocking it. Even though the [K] ender may not combo on normal hit, and it is a waste of damage on counter-hit, it's great as a surprise move that force-crouches them.

From there I like to organize my mind around those who would block and eat a low-throw, and everyone else who will at least try something.

All I'm attempting to say is I fully meet all your claims on the move, I just avoid seeing moves as pointless in general. Very few moves I feel are truly without any merit. (Kage's [8]:p[+]k:)

*Unless of course the only thing you were claiming was that [3]:p[+]k::k: shouldn't be on the list as it is(maybe just [3]:p[+]k: without the [K] ender?)

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I said that its useless in the topic list... ie. the fact that the followup is a combo on counterhit is useless. Not the move as a whole.. Precisely because OS df+P+K launches on counter you dont need the followup.

13. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Manjimaru is such an expert

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Just noticed i mention DS [P] [+] [K], [P] twice, sorry :X3:

I remember OS [P] [3] [P] also combos on normal hit, could anybody check?

Also there's a possibility that OS [P],[P],[P] + [K] + [G] combos from sidehit, i've seen it used from sideturned situations in various replay vids, but i don't know if it's normal or CH.

15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OS [3][K][K] appears to combo on NH, don't know how i missed it before.

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'm quite sure OS f,f+k,u/d+k combos on CH.

Also: anybody has an idea how i could test for recovery CH?

Also: OS df+k,p,p,pkg combos on side CH but it's kinda pointless because vanessa can do a better combo once df+k side crumples.

Also: i should recompile this.

Also: should i also include strings that combo AFTER the initial hit? Things like OS (f+,k),k HIT,p,p or (p,p,)p CH,k ?

17. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    The only real way to test minor counter is to stick the CPU on level 2 or something and wait for them to whiff an attack.

Don't put it on 1. They rarely do anything. Just seem to get CH all day.