1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS at Evo 2012: Event Details and Trip Planning

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Apr 30, 2012.

1. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Just checked in at Ceasar's.

2 setups here (360 and PS3):

http://web.stagram.com/n/jon_dojah/

I'm right upstairs from the EVO hall so holla and feel free to come by for some casuals...I guess just shoot me a pm

2. Bacardi

Bacardi Member

Pm me your number or call me 2037275541 I justwalked back to imperial from there right now

3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Look forward to seeing some vfdc peeps in the next few days, I'm hard to miss being handsome and all. >=j

Good luck to all contestants and more importantly, have fun and be safe. [​IMG]

4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I get in at 10PM as well. So if anyone gets in around 10 and wants to try and share a cab let me know. PM your number and I'll PM mine back.

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For those going to Evo and from the McCarran International Airport, here is a link to shuttle services.

http://www.vegas.com/transportation/shuttles.html

Basically it will cost ~ 6 or 8 US dollars one way going by shuttle.

Edit: Also, if no additional information is released about VF5FS Evo details. I suggest getting to Sega's booth or area by 9 AM on Friday.

6. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

I should be in my room and settled by some time between 7-8PM Las Vegas time. If anyone is going to be hosting some casuals in their room around then, shoot me a PM. I'll be staying at the Imperial Palace, but since it's right next to Ceaser's I'll have no trouble getting over there for some matches.

7. ajs_

ajs_ Well-Known Member

I'm touching down in Vegas around 8, so should be in hotel/set up around 9. I'm in Caesar's I think in the Augustus tower. If anyone knows of any casuals going on Thurs night let me know. I'm sure I'll run into some VFDC people by the Sega booth during Evo so hopefully we can get some games in later during the weekend as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

8. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

I've been in town since yesterday myself. I'm across the street at Bill's Gambling Hall though. I'd defintiely be up for some casuals. I've gotta grab some cables at a gamestop or something though because the TV in my room doesn't have HDMI, just VGA, DVI, component etc.

9. Dango

Dango Well-Known Member

I'm at the imperial palace and I'm ready to play. Come at me bros
    =D 571 232 7333. I didn't bring a PS3 but I brought my stick, hope to catch you guys soon.

10. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Lol, thanks man, guess i don't need to share a cab then.

But the person I'm rooming with had something come up and can't come until friday and I'm there today at around 11. If anyone knows where people are playing casuals through the night or where I can stay for one night, let me know asap.

11. DoctorForHire

DoctorForHire Member

Only one day until the tournament and still no brackets or starting time. Clearly this is perfect organization.

12. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

There needs to be a thread for EVO casual gatherings because we should all know where the playing will take place.

BTW this should be done by someone who has enough room to hold the players.

FYI Plague and I will probably be at Imperial by 1030ish

13. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk

I'm getting there with my cousin at around 8:30-9 ur welcome to han with us for the night. We'll be staying at the days inn just a mile down the strip from Caesars and imperial palace. Anyway, can't wait! This is gonna be fun.

14. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

Info just got emailed. Brackets are out and they're starting at Noon on Friday.

15. cobratron

I had this same issue. The Sony LCD in my room is dvi not HDMI...luckily I brought my composite cables for ps3. Doesnt seem to have any noticeable lag. My Xbox is good to go with the Asus "Evo" monitor.

I have a pretty big sized room and housekeeping was able to send 5 more chairs up so there's seating for about 18 people. Extra setups would be great for better match flow. If anyone can supply it let me know.

16. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Also checking in late at the Imperial tonight, for those who got my contact info, let me know if any casuals take place.

17. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Good luck to all you peeps! Wish I could have kept my plane ticket but things were not meant to be.

18. cobratron

I have an extra evo spectator pass for sale...this will get you into the main ballroom on Sunday for grand finals...let me know if interested

19. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Me and Jide in Vegas now. Checked in to the imperial palace. Anyone else around?

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Good luck to you guys, same goes for Ash. Enjoy yourself and don't go too easy on the US players [​IMG]