1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS coming to PC!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 2, 2018.

By Myke on Aug 2, 2018 at 8:11 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    According to the SEGASAMMY FY Ending March 2019 1st Quarter report, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is slated for release to PC. This is in line with SEGA's recent strategy of bringing more of its IP to the PC platform, and with previous Yakuza titles (Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami) already announced for the PC platform, you could argue there are no huge surprises there. However(!), we all know that buried within Yakuza 6 is an arcade port of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown! Let that sink in for a second.

vf5fs-yakuza-6.jpg

Below is the excerpt from the SEGASAMMY presentation:

yakuza-6-pc-2019.png

While there has been no official confirmation that Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will, in fact, be playable on the PC platform (via Yakuza 6), it's probably safe to assume that the port will be 100% faithful to the PS4 platform. Should this eventuate, then this is fantastic news for PC fighting game fans around the world!

Tip: @SUGATA

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ThePoopTickler
      ThePoopTickler
      With the right knowhow, it could be possible to mod in an online component of the VF5: FS. If Melty Blood could get that back in the Act Cadenza days, then so can this.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    2. def
      def
      Wait so it's not officially coming to PC?
      GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
    3. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      No it's not. At this point Sega is fucking with us
      Coroo and VFhayato like this.
    4. Seminasuke
      Seminasuke
      Please change title to "VF5FS Arcade Mode coming to PC."

C'mon brah, that was just mean.
      oneida likes this.
    5. Myke
      Myke
      But where's the fun in that? :ninja:
    6. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      So many marks on FB/Twitter losing their shit because they don't read beyond the headline lol
      I agree with both of you, fun but MEAN

For real though, where the FUCK is my proper port, Sega!?
      Myke likes this.
    7. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      I just assume at this point that someone at SEGA is paid to torture VF fans
      oneida likes this.
    8. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      I hope that it will be possible to hack Yakuza 6 PC version to extract VF5FS and make it as a separate game with some online features (so it will be semi official).
      The only question will it be better than VF5FS console emulator...
      Coroo likes this.
    9. Technocrow
      Technocrow
      You would think that it would be easy to sell VF as a standalone product if the legwork of porting it to PC has already been done.
      Coroo likes this.
    10. Thesch28
      Thesch28
      This is just a Mini-Game, We are 10 years too early for a real port...
      upload_2018-8-5_13-21-28.png
    11. Yasser Elbager
      Yasser Elbager
      Hey,have you ever heard of Xnalara program or seen before?
    12. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      Thats nice and all but the question is: will it have online capability?
    13. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Most likely not, if it's based on the PS4 version
    14. tominfhl
      tominfhl
      Is there really a need for this anymore when rpcs3 runs the game pretty much flawlessly in 4k?
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Yes, because normies (most of the market) can't into emulators. Also I imagine running emulators is a lot more taxing on your hardware than running an actual port.
    16. tominfhl
      tominfhl
      I hear you. Just speaking as someone who was dying for a PC/high def port ... so much so that I even bought the game again on Xbox One X hoping for some 4k treatment to no avail. When the game finally ran well on rpcs3 ... I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
    17. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's certainly really cool stuff that it runs on emulator, I guess from my perspective the main reason I want a PS4 and PC port is to grow the scene. A lot of people don't play it in my local FGC simply because they don't have access to a PS3 or 360 anymore.
      tominfhl likes this.
    18. Tricky
      Tricky
      How could you find the seeded file though. It’s been impossible to find.
    19. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      sega gonna announce Japanese games coming to american on sept 1. Lets hope it's VF collection