1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS coming to PC!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 2, 2018.

By Myke on Aug 2, 2018 at 8:11 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    According to the SEGASAMMY FY Ending March 2019 1st Quarter report, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is slated for release to PC. This is in line with SEGA's recent strategy of bringing more of its IP to the PC platform, and with previous Yakuza titles (Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami) already announced for the PC platform, you could argue there are no huge surprises there. However(!), we all know that buried within Yakuza 6 is an arcade port of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown! Let that sink in for a second.

vf5fs-yakuza-6.jpg

Below is the excerpt from the SEGASAMMY presentation:

yakuza-6-pc-2019.png

While there has been no official confirmation that Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will, in fact, be playable on the PC platform (via Yakuza 6), it's probably safe to assume that the port will be 100% faithful to the PS4 platform. Should this eventuate, then this is fantastic news for PC fighting game fans around the world!

Tip: @SUGATA

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 2, 2018.

1. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Where did you see this? I figured they would have a batch of announcements at TGS? I saw the AGES packs got pushed back to sep, but I hope there's news on Sep 1 as well for future games!
    2. VFhayato
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
    4. Citrus
      Citrus
      I wonder if some fans here are serious when they wish for a PC port.
    5. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Why wouldn't we be?
    6. masterpo
      masterpo
      I just picked up a copy of Yakuza 6, and the 2 player mode of VF is on the main menu. I didn't even have to go into Yakuza 6 to play the VF 2 player mode.
    7. Citrus
      Citrus
      It's a weird expectation to think a game that has barely any support or players on console will have a pc port.
      Even VF2 doesn't have a PC remaster which does exist on console now.

If what we are talking about is the a new VF on PC then
      But wishing for VF5 to get a pc port, that's a bit delusional.

I'm glad already that we are able to play it on PC with Yakuza 6, now should a miracle happen and they add online play (if this is a thing, after it may not be on the pc version for all we know).
    8. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      VF5FS getting a PC port isn't that unrealistic, considering Bayonetta and Vanquish got PC ports many years after their release, and Sega's recent renewed push to put console games onto PC (See Yakuza series for example).
      Add to that fact that the game basically already runs on PC (both arcade version which uses PC architecture, and the Yakuza 6 port AND the 360 version is very similar to PC as well I believe) so it would be a simple job to transfer it to PC.
      Finally, if they are hoping to eventually release a VF6, it would make a lot of sense to release the previous game in the series on current platforms.
      MarlyJay and Myke like this.
    9. Citrus
      Citrus
      ah ok, you guys are simply delusional, nevermind.
      Here is the thing, there is a big difference between VF5FS and the two games you named:

There is demand for both titles on pc.
      There are people to play it.

Who has ever asked for VF on PC? lmao
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    10. Seminasuke
      Seminasuke
      Someone who doesn't want to dust off his old Xbox and renew his XBL account just to play one game that's arguably dead online.

Almost everyone here would get it for the convenience alone.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      No need for insults, you realise that VF franchise has made far more money for Sega than Bayonetta, Vanquish or Shenmue ever had, right?

As for people asking for a PC or modern port, can you substantiate how many people asked for the other games and then compare it to the people asking for VF? Don't forget on some of the initial pushes from fans for more PC ports, Virtua Fighter was one of the listed titles.

Also, if you want actual poll results from Sega, check out this poll from 2016 where VF ranked considerably higher than Streets of Rage:
      http://segabits.com/blog/2016/11/19...eveal-what-franchise-fans-want-to-see-return/

Couple all this with the fact that it would be very low investment to do, and would re-introduce fans to the series, why do you think it's unlikely?

Look at what @Seminasuke said too, the entire fanbase around the world would buy it again on PC/PS4 for convenience sake. This is a game that's already made it's profit a billion times over, it would be pure revenue stream for Sega.
    12. VFhayato
      VFhayato
    13. Sozos
      Sozos
      as always nothing !! :(
      VFhayato likes this.
    14. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It turned out to be Valk Chronicles on Switch and a demo for FOTNS.
    15. Citrus
      Citrus
      I'm not being insulting, sorry if it sounded this way but to clear I'm not doubting that there is demand for a new VF but there are certain realities, even the people who seem to hype for the game, wouldn't buy it on PC, or I guess their number is insignificant, as much as the number of people who "know" VF but never played it.
    16. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      I'm skeptical to say the least that Vanquish, a singleplayer TPS from 2010, had much more significant demand for a PC port than VF.