1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Lion Channles/Vids

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mackfactor, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
  2. Righteous_Dream

Righteous_Dream Active Member

Angelo Miguel Moreira likes this.
  3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

4. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

That guys got some really good stuff. Just picked up guard break>9k from him.

5. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
  6. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
  7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

While I don't play online much, your Lion is much better than most online Lions I have seen ^_^

I think it's only a matter of time before your Lion plays sharper (as in fast, more responsive, and using more of the advantage that you earn) and improvises or executes bigger damage on your knockdowns/launches.

You and I both like to backdash a lot, it's good and bad. Here you weren't being punished for it, so it's really fine, but it'll be scary when someone does punish you for predictable backdashing. That said, I will add to this point while pointing out something neat for your Lion in this match ^_^

At the opening of the first round, you started with a sidekick and you hit Vanessa while she was backdashing which caused her to stagger. Something you can pre-buffer once you've done a sidekick, even before your opponent gets hit, is 44. By doing this, if you see your opponent hit the ground staggered (and your lag allows it), as long as you are close enough (I think this is close enough but I'm not 100% sure) you can use the pre-buffered 44 for a 44K combo. It is guaranteed in this situation and it is actually one of the easier options from this knockdown stagger (I've done 105 damage in the Lion vs. Lion mirror match through this).

Now, I haven't tested the opening situation much (sorry), so if you are too far to do 44K in the opening, then your opening sidekick can be accompanied by something like 8P+K for certainty or pretty much anything that is 16 frames or faster (16 frame execution was tested when 3K butt-staggers opponent from up-close).

Anyways, this is assuming you did sidekick assuming your opponent would probably backdash.

The point about backdashing is that being too predictable with it can be bad as you can lose half your life (against Taka, you should lose 60% of your life if your backdashing habit is read). But backdashing is still good, just good to know the risks and assess whether the potential rewards are worth it.

Thanks a lot for sharing your vids, you're not bad (but honestly I'm not that great either, I just post a lot and try to do my best)!

8. Chanchai

9. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    That 44 buffer tip is nice ill add that to my game
    and yeah i know i'm backdashing alot it's one of the things i'm working on
    thanks for the reply and anymore criticizing(good or bad) that can help me with my games is welcome

10. Chanchai

Hehe like I said, I'm also over-backdashing a lot too ^_^ We're both working on it. Though much of the time the backdash's function has to be considered. Just to get away, then stair-stepping backwards is fine until opponent shows they'll attack that pattern directly. If it's to whiff punish, then that already kind of means you're most likely just doing the lone backdash and waiting for the opponent to make a mistake. That is fine too.

An option I'm adding a little bit more into my game for some situations is 44 --> 2/8 5 --> 33 and then either fuzzy/TE or attack from that. I haven't done much of it yet, but it's fun sometimes so far.

Oh another Vanessa tip, if she does that DS 6PKK for whatever reason (I've met a lot of Vanessa players that do), pre-buffering the 44 while she's finishing the string and you're holding block is also nice for the 44K combos.

Again, your Lion is not bad! And I really like that you're pretty deliberate with what you do (important in VF but I have to admit I don't have much discipline--working on it) and skimming some of your later vids (which I will watch in full later) it shows you do know a lot of combos against Sarah and that you are able to improvise damage (like recovering after an input drop or come up with a combo in some unique situations) when you are confident.

Good stuff ^_^

11. AnimalStaccato

I know that 33P will launch a backdash staggered opponent. But I'm not sure if you can get it to be guaranteed or get into range quick enough to use it.

12. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    After 3K stagger
    you can ither 333P into P 43P+K 6PP
    or dash 6K (66G~6K) into P 43P+K 6PP
    those are the best combos i could find for now

13. Chanchai

Thanks for the time and research! Now I have to start working this stuff in hehe (or finding better combos).

14. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Ofcourse anything i can do to contribute to the board
    also comments for my vids are always welcome

15. AnimalStaccato

Are these guaranteed though? That's all I'm interested in. If you set the CPU to fastest stagger recovery, they recover from a backdash stagger very quickly.

Interesting to know that 6K works on back dash stagger however, that's news to me.

16. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

nobody has ever blocked 33P after sidekick backstagger from my experience. But you need to be quick enough to recongnize the situation, buffer a "long" 33 to close the gap.
    There's no point in using 6K in this situation, combos do the same damage and the move is slower with shorter range.

17. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Flashiness lol

Chanchai likes this.
  18. Chanchai

The way I've been testing is setting AI to fastest stagger recovery AND looking at the combo counter.

19. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    more me lion
    comments (good or bad) are always welcome

20. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    why it's important to TE (1st round)

as always commets good and bad are more than welcome