1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Pre-Launch Party Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, May 17, 2012.

By akai on May 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    [​IMG]The invitation only pre-launch party - hosted by Alex Valle and featuring exhibition matches with star players Chibita and Fuudo - will be streamed live on May 19th, 2012 starting around 8 PM PST in Los Angeles, CA.

The iam8bit event will be streamed by the Level|Up Series team. Don't miss it!

» Questions for Fuudo, Chibita, and Sega
    » VFDC Attendee List
    » [​IMG]VF5FS Pre-Launch Party Trailer
    » [​IMG]Fuudo Promo Interview
    » [​IMG]Chibita Promo Interview

Update May 20, 2012 -
    [​IMG] Twitch TV: Pre-Launch Party Archive
    [​IMG] Chibita versus Fuudo Exhibition Matches (First to 5)

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, May 17, 2012.

1. steelbaz
      steelbaz
      Alright we get a stream for this [​IMG]
    2. Sozos
      Sozos
      cant wait for it!! HYPE!
    3. Mooseking_Lion
      Mooseking_Lion
      Not gonna lie, I've been looking forward to this more than anything else this year.

Hope everyone that's attending enjoys themselves thoroughly and kneels before his holiness Chibita.

Seriously, everyone convince Chibita to do a Daigo and travel the world spreading the love of Virtua Fighter!!~~
    4. LostCloud
      LostCloud
      Can't believe that it's already May 19th, and that FS is only 17 days away! I can't wait to watch the stream! Wish I could've been there. Good luck to everyone who gets to challenge Chibita and Fuudo!
    5. Berzerk
      Berzerk
      This is awesome so far! Myke did a great job on the pre show and Shidosha - get this guy a drink of water! How does he keep talking? Love it.
      Chibita so impressive
    6. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      When Shidosha asked Myke to slap him I was disappointed to see that Myke didn't oblige. [​IMG]
    7. Berzerk
      Berzerk
      I was cheering for mike, that was awesome to watch. And I'm enjoying Shidosha's commentary, that guy has great energy. And he's sharp, doesn't overpower the other guy too much. Good asset to the VF scene.
    8. steelbaz
      steelbaz
      Stream was great, loved the matches, hope they all get real drunk [​IMG]

*awaits the 5th*
    9. DRE
      DRE
      Just got back home from the party. HOLY SHIT.

This game is what vanilla VF5 should've been. It feels more like my favorite game VF4 in many ways.

The next 2 weeks are going to be torture waiting for this.
    10. akai
    11. Tocuh
      Tocuh
      only saw the last 10 minutes… timezones… -.-
      but what i saw was pretty nice. were there any special questions and/or announcements that i miss?
    12. Lyama
      Lyama
      tracklist plz)
    13. Aidan
      Aidan
      Almost 4h of material, this will be nice Sunday evening. [​IMG]
    14. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      Last night was extremely fun and something that was a long time coming for the Virtua Fighter scene.

Friends, Booze, Meeting new people, and my favorite game. Thank you SEGA and Everyone that was involved. JOB WELL DONE!
    15. Kikimaru
      Kikimaru
      I could only stay up for about 1-2hrs into this (damn time zones!)
      But holy hell, watching Chibita made me realise just how slow my play-style is.

I'll have to start taking it up a notch. Maybe learn a new character...
    16. def
      def
      OH REALLY!
      I have to say that VF4 is my favorite VF game, so glad this will be worth the wait. [​IMG]
    17. Coroo
      Coroo
      i agree with everyone here, i started getting really good in 4 and evo, i'm gald their finally bringing these elements back ^_^
    18. akai
      akai
      Level|Up series uploaded the higher quality version of the Chibita versus Fuudo Exhibition Matches (First to 5)

Not everyone, but many of the VFDCers at the party in the pictures:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

More images here -->
      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a...mview=slideshow

Wish I could stay longer, but the event was great! Glad to meet many people for the first time and seeing others I had not seen in a long while. I did not get to talk and play with everyone on VFDC, so I will leave that for the next time we are in the same place [​IMG]
    19. Kruza
      Kruza
      Hats off to all US players, and also GodEater and Myke for your showing at this event. It was fun for me to watch you guys take on a couple of the very best VF players over the stream. And Shidosha was on point with the commentary as usual with Myke, LA and Tasty Steve chipping in at various times. Well done!

Kruza