1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Rising Attack

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Dennis0201, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Don't know how to describe it properly, but it's simple now.

(A) stand up or side roll kick is -6Fï¼NH=+3Fï¼CH=+6F
    (B) back roll or forward roll kick is -15Fï¼NH=+3Fï¼CH=+6F

(B) is guarantee on block but happens fast, and (A) is no guarantee but slow so it could be hit as a CH.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I would like to point out that rising attacks cannot be delayed anymore. They are even more riskier to use now.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyway thanks for the infos guys.

4. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Dennis those stats apply to low wr as well?

5. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    cool to know, thanks a bunch

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I took a while to get used, but now everything makes sense.
    I thinks it's good if you have to choose to wake up with or without a rising attack. Delayed rising attack, made people on the ground a little bit too much safe.

7. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    i have a question about rising attacks. while watching high level play, i don't understand why people are rushing in when the opponent is on the ground. i can see that blocking a rising mid tends to give advantage, however, i can't see how you can determine whether a player is going to rise with a low, mid or no attack at all.

when i accurately guess low, i know how to counter it, but if i guess wrong, i eat a kick while floating in air.

against weaker competition, i can bait out a rising kick, dash back, then punish their whiff. looking to move up, how do you effectively keep the pressure on. is their a simple visual cue for high low that i'm missing?

8. stanleyfun25

stanleyfun25 Member

Because they want to keep pressuring the opponent. Even if there is a risk of getting hit. If you back off because of opponent's rising attack, the pressure you give the opponent earlier is gone.

That is my point of view.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    As far as I know, some (many) characters with proper timing are able to beat both low and mid rising kick at once - like Lion, for example. If you use jumping attack and time it correctly, you jump over low and beat mid at the same time.

10. Sofiane

Sofiane Well-Known Member

PSN:
    sofiane-senshu
    XBL:
    Sofiane-senshu
    Also with the right timing you can beat both wake up attacks with a forward jump, letting your opponent whiff and then you can punish them with a backturned attack.

Or just use an attack at the right time that does more damage than the wake up kick to stuff it of course.

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What are the exe frames for rising attacks now? Lets say for the get up in place high/low rising kick. Is the exe the same for both levels?