VF5FS Running on RPCS3 PS3 Emulator

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 5, 2017.

By Myke on Feb 5, 2017 at 6:46 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Is this the closest we'll get to seeing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown running on PC? Check out the footage below!

Tip: @Unicorn

Coroo, SUGATA, VFhayato and 1 other person like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Mister
      Mister
      It's a start. Does this emulator support online gameplay?
      Coroo likes this.
    2. Technocrow
      Technocrow
      Neat. I am also wondering if this would support online.
    3. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      According to the RPCS3 Official website https://rpcs3.net/
      No, online play is not included....YET
      it is listed in their long term goals to include netplay later
    4. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      sexy!
      IcKY99 likes this.
    5. Ellis
      Ellis
      awesome progress. think i started following this project when it was just a lil base commit. *holds thumbs*
    6. celsowm
      celsowm
      32 GB DDR4 ! Wow !
    7. ZeroEx
      ZeroEx
      Another year or two till this emulator gets there. Nutz that even a GTX1080 can't brute force the performance at the moment.

Cool vid tho.
    8. Ellis
      Ellis
      Its because emulation would have a lot of overhead naturally,
      as opposed to something like WINE, where its the same architecture and they can just redirect calls. but apart from covering all the calls of the platform they wanna emulate, they'd keep working on ways to make it more efficent so it becomes less resource intensive as they find better, more clever, ways to code - and at the same time the PC will keep getting more powerful.

I wonder about netplay tho, i don't know how Sony has integrated it into the playstation network - but it feels quite a tricky task to make something like that work,
      either theyd emulate it somehow too; some part which responds to what the games are coded to leverage and use from PSN - or theyd somehow re-do it and makes it solely P2P
      - but i cannot say how they'd go about it, its interesting.
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
      Kruza likes this.
    9. biquiba
      biquiba
      It works guys!

Attached Files:

10. Coroo
      Coroo
      this seriously gives me hope. as much as i dislike FS i want the latest command list and moves :p so if i can play that on my pc i'll be happy, i brought this game like two times over i deverse this :p i wish it was version C of the orginal 5 from the 360. damn that game had so many improvements over the ps3's Ver.B i'm not trying to toss shade but fuck if sega would take harda seriously in making the next VF we would all be in better places lolol. XD