1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS running on Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console' started by celsowm, Nov 17, 2017.

1. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

Now I am trying to use this video and make a comparison between the original one and ps4 pro too.

Kruza and jimi Claymore like this.
  2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hey celsowm,

Are you playing on a 4K TV with HDR feature turned on? This way would show best image quality outside of OLED TVs.

I've been playing VF5FS on my Xbox One X system for over a full week now, but I'm playing on a 1080p TV set.

Kruza

oneida and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  3. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Hi Kruza, how is the One X version of VF5FS ?

Do you already see or feel a difference still with the 1080p ?

4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Overall there is a visual upgrade for VF5FS on 1080p TV set. But it's more of a subtle upgrade and not the type of substantial upgrade that's in officially enhanced games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, NBA 2K18 or Project CARS 2. At any rate, the textures of many stage backgrounds in VF5FS do look more detailed on my 1080p TV set. And the colors also jump out more on the Xbox One X version of VF5FS. Still, I believe image quality of VF5FS would be even better for this game on a HDR-supported 4K TV set despite not being treated as an officially enhanced game.

And the frame rate is more consistent on Xbox One X version of VF5FS where there would be some brief moments of slowdown on regular Xbox One version.

Kruza

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  5. Sonic The Fighters

Damn that's cool so there is already a difference.

6. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Yes, recording 4K video game clips with Game DVR app is possible if your Xbox One X is hooked up to a 4K TV set.

For Xbox One X owners playing on a 1080p TV set, there is now an option to record in 1080p resolution. However, the maximum duration for game clips set in this resolution is only two minutes. Longer game clip recordings would have to be saved on an external drive. And the external drive that is formatted then used to install games cannot also be used to record game clips. So an Xbox One X owner who likes to record a lot of game clips through Game DVR app may as well invest in a second and possibly third external drive (for those who own a lot of games and do not delete or uninstall finished/older games).

Kruza

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  7. Sonic The Fighters

Damn that's good to know for the external drive. Go get your 4k TV ! As soon as VF6 is announced i'll go buy One X & PS4 Pro + 4k TV the same day lol.

and btw (aoi is broken yes) good fights bro.

Kruza likes this.