1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Wolf Discussion

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Ash_Kaiser, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Since the Shun and Pai threads have opened, may as well start a Wolf one. Here are my views on him from what I've seen in the videos (several bits of speculation here, as I obviously haven't played the game yet, so don't take this as gospel).

Videos:

vs Pai
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8OIZd2CAw
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11256710 (same vid as above)

vs Sarah
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11251639
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwUjVtUvEQo

vs Jacky
    http://zoome.jp/desmo/diary/25
    http://zoome.jp/rairaiken/diary/169

vs Blaze
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11274416

New stuff:
    Headlock position - similar to the Catch - can do several throws from it - so far, DDT ([4]+[P]+[G]), Jackhammer ([3][3]+[P]+[G]) and the new Falcon Arrow move have been shown

Hellevator - new throw - suplex into sitout Rock Bottom - unknown command, does 65 points of damage

Has a new heavy side kick which I assume will go into a hit throw of some sort or cause a crumple

Has a push-away move similar to the [6]+[P]+[K] one in VF4Evo

Has a new high Shining Wizard that looks like an auto hit throw (I'm assuming that it's done with [9]+[K]+[G])

Neutral [P]+[G] Front Face Chop has been replaced by a Neckbreaker

Altered Stuff:
    Normal Giant Swing damage has been reduced to 65 points with floor damage (possibly only 55 with exact recovery). Jackhammer is also down to 65 points

Catch now has the old replace throw ([1]+[P]+[G]) from it

Vertical Tiger Driver low throw now does 80 points of damage, has been reanimated and is possibly done with [3][3]+[P]+[G]

[9]+[P]+[K] no longer causes bounce on standing normal hit

[3]+[K] no longer knocks down on normal hit

[4]+[K]+[G] is reanimated and while it may or may not allow for the Stunner hit-throw anymore, Wolf can transition into the headlock position from it (TK -> Falcon Arrow does 95 points of damage). He can also transition from RAW

RAW has possibly been altered to give it more of a forward motion OR he has a new chest push bump move

Assumption on Wolf's throws:
    With the changes to the throw direction system (i.e the lessening of directions for high throws), there was a chance of Wolf losing a lot of his throws. To remedy that, they've given him multiple different throw starting positions where I'm guessing more directions can be used than neutral, [4] and [6]. The positions so far are:

Normal
    Catch
    Change
    Headlock

I'm also of the belief that the Leg Hold position that was shown in the second video will be one as well. With these positions in mind, I reckon Wolf will have at least the same amount of throws as in R, if not more.

If anyone has any new Wolf vids, info or speculation, post away!

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Actually i don't like the new standard throw. Not because it isn't cool, but because the old one had nice setups with the opponent back to wall. With the right distance [3][3][P]+[K] was garantee, or at least [P],[K]. The new one doesn't seem have option a part damage.
    After that Wolf damage's potential has been reduced and overpowered at the same time. Now people only have the 33% of possibility to escape his throws, but now he has less immediate options to throw the opponent. I'm curios to know if the burning hammer is still in the game as throw, or if it's returned a hit throw like it was in the Vanilla, or if it's gone forever.

3. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

My assumption is that the Dragon Screw can be done from the Leg hold along with the "T-Bone" Suplex counter. Is it safe to say the he can change sides too from catch? If so maybe he has 3 more hold from that position? Calf branding has'nt be done yet but i guess its still there.

@Right the new standard throw is cool but it should've been from headlock. The chop should've remained especially against the wall. I wonder if 5P still has its folloow up catch throw into the short arm clothesline from R.

4. dapheenom

dapheenom Well-Known Member

Rough google translation from: http://www37.atwiki.jp/vfmad/pages/61.html

N Suingunekkuburika
    4 Ekusupuroida
    06 Supainbasuta
    Catch 46 (catch-throw)
    66 Cutter (throw catch)
    624 Ascension
    Shaininguuizado 09 (throw catch)
    11 Remove
    2 Ribasutaigadoraiba
    Tiger Driver 3
    33 Taigafuroujon
    06 Mashinganchoppu wall
    64 Uorubodisuramu wall (possibly 4)

After the Catch
    4P + G Back Throw
    NP + G push
    Change 6P + G

After the change
    4P + G backdrop
    NP + G push
    Kafuburandingu 6P + G

RAW P K as well as possible based system (only catch)
    P series success
    4P + G Jakkuhama
    NP + G DDT
    Farukonaro 6P + G

K series success
    4P + G Kyapuchudobasuta
    NP + G Dragon Screw
    6P + G Elbow killing other foot

1P + K Mouzudaunchoppu
    Quick 46P shoulder? (Formerly known as 66P + K)
    Push-66P + K (Guard break down when there was 4)
    4P + K backfist
    Middle Kick 3K + G NH collapsed (3K feeling more heavy.)
    4K + GP + G to catch
    PP6P deleted?
    9P + K to down (kind of like old-time Mouzudaunhitto)
    66K + G Janpingunipaddo
    Deddorimubu drop in K + G (upper strong)

Delete
    16P
    46K + G

5. Ash_Kaiser

Translated Wolf Movelist

High Throw
    [P]+[G] - Swinging Neckbreaker
    [4]+[P]+[G] - Exploder
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Spinebuster
    [4][6]+[P]+[G] - Catch (Catch Throw)
    [6][6]+[P]+[G] - Diamond Cutter (Catch Throw)
    [6][2][4]+[P]+[G] - Ascension (New Hellevator throw)
    [9]+[P]+[G] - Shining Wizard (Catch Throw)

Low Throw
    [2]+[P]+[G] - Reverse Tiger Driver
    [3]+[P]+[G] - Tiger Driver
    [3][3]+[P]+[G] - Tiger ??

Wall Throw
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Machine Gun Chop (Wall Throw)
    [6][4]+[P]+[G] Wall Body Slam (Wall Throw, possibly [4]+[P]+[G])

Catch
    [P]+[G] - Push
    [4]+[P]+[G] - Back Throw
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Change

Change
    [P]+[G] - Push
    [4]+[P]+[G] - Backdrop
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Calf Branding

RAW [P] Catch (Headlock)
    [P]+[G] - DDT
    [4]+[P]+[G] - Jakkuhama Jackhammer
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Falcon Arrow

RAW [K] Catch (Leg Hold)
    [P]+[G] - Dragon Screw
    [4]+[P]+[G] - Captured Suplex
    [6]+[P]+[G] - Leg Sweep Elbow

Strikes
    [1]+[P]+[K] - Downward Chop (?)
    [4][6]+[P] - Quick Shoulder
    [6][6]+[P]+[K] - Push Away (Guard Break)
    [4]+[P]+[K] - Backfist
    [3]+[K]+[G] - Heavy Side Kick (Crumple on NH)
    [4]+[K]+[G][P]+[G] - Toe Kick -> Catch
    [6][6]+[K]+[G] - Jumping Knee (?)

Jumping (?)
    [9]+[P]+[K] - Jumping Downwards Chop (Forces Crouch)
    [K]+[G] - Hesitation Drop Kick (Causes Faceplant Knockdown)

Possibly Removed Moves
    [1][1]+[P]+[K]+[G] - Pedigree
    [P][P][6]+[P] - One Two Upper Elbow
    [1][6]+[P] Dragon Knuckle Combo
    [4][6]+[K]+[G] - Front Roll Kick

Looks like Turbo Drop is gone. Bah.

6. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

All of this looks awesome. Turbo drop was pretty dumb imo. WOW that new 3+K+G is +8 on block?

7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

The turbo drop had nice ring out potential, wall's combos and nice okiezeme's guessing game.

8. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Low throw in 2 directions only....
    There is no GS?? I can't believe it [​IMG]

9. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Mister: I know it was useful, I just didn't care for the throw.

10. dapheenom

dapheenom Well-Known Member

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11283347
    At 1:56 of this vid, it looks like Wolf throws immediately after forcing crouch. I thought forced crouch low throws were out. Am I missing something here?

As far as the movelist, I wouldn't get *too* worried. It's obviously incomplete. I think they are trying to make Wolf based more around his different clinches. I know we're missing the Irish Whip command from his collar tie (front catch). It might be possible that within his clinches he has more than three escape directions.

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I always preferred F5 over Turbo Drop unless opponent was at the wall, are the F5 and Giant Swing in Final Showdown or is it not known yet?

12. Anarkira

Anarkira Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has already been mentioned somewhere but I thought I should post it in this thread. I did a rising kick (playing Akira, so similiar to the trailer) and wolf did a reversal on my kick. He was then about to throw me into the ground (as the trailer) but I escaped. I think i was pressing 4p+g 6p+g but im not sure what the right command was. It's prolly a guess.
    I dont know if this goes for more of wolfs reversals or anyone elses for that matter.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Giant Swing is definitely still there (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11251639) but haven't seen the F5 yet.

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Probably there is no PGS anymore...

15. Ash_Kaiser

I think F5 is still there. In the Wolf/Jacky vid on Vanessa's stage, one of the escaped throws looks like the escape for that (I'm pretty sure Burning Hammer has a different escape animation).

16. Mister

No, what am2 removed are the low throws from opponent's somatch crumple situation, altough in the first trailer pai did that with akira. Or at least that's what i read here in vfdc.

17. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

The gameplay changes thread says gut crumble stun can't be low thrown anymore, not gut collapse. I remembered wrong too.

18. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I´m really not liking the sounds of some of these changes. Not just in regards to Wolf but to the game as a whole.

I haven´t had a chance to watch any gameplay though but it´s on my list of things to do when I get back. I definitely don´t feel as harsh about not getting a console port at the moment.

19. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    wolf with 55 pt GS is LOLZ.

guess the new threat is 33P+G, but can't ringout [​IMG]

i am open to all the wolf changes though [​IMG]

FS betta drop for sure

20. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

sounds like wolf has gotten fucked to me. yay.