1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Wolf Discussion

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Ash_Kaiser, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

You'll still lose and moan like a bitch, so nothing much will have changed with regards to that.

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well, Wolf can be fixed. The game isn't finished already. That's why SEGA does the Locacion Tests. Let's hope the japanese guys will ask for something better from our favorite grappler.
    BTW the match Wolf vs Jeffry wasn't so bad, he could win that, the problem, imho, is against faster characters from what i see, but... it's a new game for many people so i guess is normal not seeing him winning at first sight.

3. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!!! Wolf Still sounds dangerous to me. His mid kick into headlock can net 95 damage if unescaped and since the throw game has been alter this dude has insane combo's and striking ability. He still will be feared and this game is only a week fucking old for christ sakes. Fuck what everybody else say i Want this game bad.

@Seidon - Stop fronting about not caring if this drops. If you haven't seen any vids how can you make the assumption thats you won't like anything by hearing the changes? The changes are not that big of a deal when you see the game in motion.

4. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Wolf is the best character in VF5R, enormous damage potential, so anyone expecting anything but mostly nerfs is in for a letdown. I just hope that they don't completely neuter Wolf.

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Never have a chance to being a asshole in R.....

6. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Its way tooo soon to tell.

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

And He Should've Been. Giving the grappling system in VF he was do his props. In Vf3 he always fought a uphill battle because the grappling system was unkind to him along with his limited striking ability. Put Simply a Man of his size and stature should be just like how he was in R a POWERHOUSE!!!

8. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hey guys, good news, the PGS is still there, I found this video where you can see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAxYhMPMe4U
    The damage is the same as vf5R,80; but i think the throw itself is more dangerous, because the addition is 70+10, i used to remember it was 60+20 in vf5R, anyone remember that?.

And in the video we can see some new low throws.

Here i found another video:
    http://zoome.jp/hypweb/diary/303
    Look how wolf used the raw in the last round. Lei fei used a BT kick, wolf used the raw and instead the usual headlock he went to the old back change position- With that i assume many of his old change's moves are still there.

9. Mister

Few videos i found interesting:

Jeffry vs Wolf
    http://zoome.jp/hypweb/diary/304

Here we can see that the throws from crumpling are still there.

Eileen vs Wolf
    http://zoome.jp/hypweb/diary/305

And here, the deadly move is still there, with the good lariat. Tought that we don't know if the lariat has the same properties from the vanilla o_O

10. Ash_Kaiser

If you're referring to the one Jeff does at 1:22, that's not a crumple, that's a forced crouch.

11. Mister

No i'm reffering to the move done in the last round: [4] [3] :p: + :g: and then the emerald frozen follow up; that's an head crumple that only wolf can throw.

12. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I only read that low throwing after stomach crumple was no longer possible in FS.

13. Ash_Kaiser

Yeah, that's what I read too. No more big-damage-but-oh-so-predictable-low throw-not-really-combos. It was assumed that the EFs were still in.

14. Mister

Oh i realized i wrote wrong the input, i meant [4] [3] [P] and then emerald frozen. My bad.

15. Mister

looking some videos today i found this "combo"

Wolf vs Eileen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZj8cdzaiw
    Look at 2:43

Catch-> change (still there ;D) -> a new hit i don't know -> pgs.

Looking the frame data it seems to be garantee, but of course che pgs can be escaped. For some extra damage i suppose people can go for the Burning Hammer, which is the most dangerous throw from wolf.

16. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Wall combos are good.

17. Redchain

Redchain Member

Just a random input...wolf still has 5 low throws, saw the Double arm suplex in a vid awhile back, and the Big bridge hammer. So im guessing (and hoping) that the pedigree was replaced with the better looking Vertical tiger driver.

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
  19. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    OH MY! BACKTURNED AND CAN'T ESCAPE!?!?!? +18 backturned MC [​IMG] +9 NH, but i also saw +15 sideturned??? [​IMG]

20. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I saw it being +6 on block today after an evade