1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Wolf Discussion

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Ash_Kaiser, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nice work Sebo, Wolf is looking good.

2. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Hi guys, I wanted to say I spent a couple of hours playing Wolf in the US location test for VF5:FS. Here's what I noticed

You can still do his [4] [6] [P] [K], [P], [9] [P] [K], [6] [K] combo
    You can't low throw after a stomach crumple anymore
    [6] [P] [K] and [3] [P] [K] are these wierd palm attacks that push the opponent away very far even block. Both lead to launches
    He has some kind of [P] [K]move (I think [6] [6] [P] [K]?) that pushes blockers away. I kept trying to do the quick shoulder and missing this
    His [4] [6] [P]charge is faster now, but it seems its his only charge. I don't think you can delay it anymore, not sure if you can cancel it.
    They kept his F5, thank god (best throw ever)
    No more [2] [P] [K](

I'll see if I can play more and write more.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Thanks Zass. I'm really curious to try the FS's Wolf in the future. Keep us informed [​IMG]

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Good Job Zass.. He notice he has a push that opens up guards.. Does it create wall splat?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Zass, not sure if you haven't already, but re-read some of the posts in this thread, and you'll find the answers to some of your concerns. Particularly:

Quick Shoulder [4][6][P] (formerly [6][6][P][+][K])

Push [6][6][P][+][K] (+9f on guard)

CGB_Spender posted a pretty good analysis on the previous page.

6. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Played more today. A lot more. Wow I spent an entire day doing nothing but playing VF5:FS. I barely ate anything. So fun! More things I noticed

In vanilla, after [4] [6] [P] [K] , I'd do [P], then [9] [P] [K], then [6] [K].

In FS I can do: [4] [6] [P] [K], [P] , [9] [P] [K], [K], [K]. I'm sure you can do more.

[1] [P] [K]is a big slam that bounces on the ground, I'm sure you can combo after it (I kept missing though).

Big combos after [3] [P] [K]. I think I was able to do 6p, then pp4p (I think that's the string). It pushes back SO FAR it really disoriented a lot of people.

Giant swing does so little damage it makes me sad. Personally I think GS should always be the most damaging throw in the game. I would have traded its damage for burning hammers.

[6_] [K] (the stomach kick) doesn't always knock down.

[2] [P] seems much less good overall. You can't just spam it anymore. I think that's a good thing.

Overall, it feels to me that a lot of Wolf's easy damage from VF5 is gone. Lost the low throws after stomach crumple. Lost dmpk. Lost the 50% GS. With that said, his screw hook is still amazing, and his 46p is super good for punishing whiffs.

Played a Goh player many games, turns out it was Haunts!

Myke, yes I've read the whole thread now! I realize some of what I'm writing is redundant, just thought it would be fun to post my impressions [​IMG]