1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R: Blaze

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by supergolden, Nov 5, 2008.

1. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Blaze has been buffed considerably since vanilla VF5.

New rocket discharge moves:

K -> Standing mid knee, huge advantage (combo?) on hit.
    uf k+g, k -> Mid, high. if it connects you can hit 2p, 6pk combo. drains a lot. blaze advances forward quite a bit with the ufk+g and can be used to ring out opponents.

uf k+g, p -> mid, mid. don't think its possible to combo after this one.

after 4p+k launches combo with 2p, 4kpk

after 2_6p+k hits combo with 2p+k, 4kpk.

in case you haven't noticed, 2p+k (or backturned 2p) will cause a new crumple when it hits opponents in the air, usually 4kpk or 6pk will combo after the crumple. does a lot of damage.

43k+g, p+g is a new hit throw. its high but seems to hit low punches.

43p+k, p+g is a new hit through which staggers opponents and allows blaze to go into rocket discharge after it hits. will force your opponent to guess correctly.

volcano knee is now 6k+g, easier to execute than it was before.

blaze has ground throws.

blaze has a new through 41236p+g which does good damage and doesn't require an extra input like his old 41236p+g did. his old 41236p+d is now 46p+g.

he has a low wall throw which i believe is executed 62p+g. he grabs the opponents arm, jumps on the low wall and then does a huracarana. its awesome.

kkk is a new three kick combo. stopping after the first two and throw, backdash -> 43k+g, or lp is a good setup.

8p+k now jumps lower and is more likely to hit low attacks. 8p+k => kkk is a new combo.

after 46p+k low throw no longer connects. i use kkk as a follow up combo.

33p+k+g seems to do less damage /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

-Alex

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Nice list.

I dunno why they changed Volcano knee though.

It may be harder to perform on a stick though.

I can do those inputs as 623 on a pad though.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Volcano Knee is now 6k+g?!?! What happened to the old 6k+g?! Don't tell me it's gone!

And wait, you said 43p+k, p+g is a new hit throw... So are you saying they took the old one out (the half-circular, long execution special high 6 hit combo)? That asked, I thought the new one was simply 3p+k, p+g (the one that's a gut punch, and on hit-throw he knees the guys face, and goes into RD while the guy is staggered).

Please tell me they didn't replace these moves!

Also, I noticed players in videos doing 2kpk after some floater> BT2p/2p+k flops. I wouldn't have thought 4kpk would hit... have they improved the last K's hitbox?

And thanks a lot for the right up Alex, you are definitely super ;D

4. supergolden

I made some terrible mistakes in my first post! sorries.

2kpk hits combos after the new flip, not 4kpk.

3p+k, p+g is his new hit throw. his old 43p+k remains unchanged.

i don't know what happened to his old 6k+g. i never used it much.

his old 3p is no more. his old 3p+k comes out (i think that's how you used to do it).

after p+k+g, p hits the opponent falls over very slowly, ala ric flair. 6pk is guaranteed on everybody i think. sometimes 6_pppk will combo.

-Alex

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

Do you feel that his new wall moves are useful, or are they a gimmick?

With the exception of the catch grab, do you find any reason to use the old rocket discharge attacks now that you have the knee and the cartwheel?

6. supergolden

About his wall moves:

7P+K+G and blaze does a high back flip backwards. He had a move like this he could do after a side kick was blocked in VF5 beta, but was removed for the final release.

If there is no wall behind him blaze will land and you can go into rocket discharge.

If there is a high or mid wall behind you Blaze will grab onto it. If you don't hit anything he will drop after a second or two. If you hit P+K+G he will do another backflip off the wall, this is useful if you think your opponent will try to attack you out of the air. You can jump behind them and get them from behind.

P while holding on to the wall will to a flying plancha. It has a lot of range, hits mid.

K is a flying dropkick, hits low and causes crumple just like his rocket discharge low drop kick.

Both of these moves have a lot of range and can take opponents by surprise, especially if done on a mid wall and now a high wall. However the low drop kick can be dodged, and I believe the flying plancha can be dodged too.

I have definitely landed a fair share of these on opponents.

His old rocket discharge moves still have their uses.

P is good for opponents who will try to hit you out of the cartwheel.

2K is good for opponents who will attack you out of rocket discharge, especially with high attacks.

-Alex

7. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Please post a vid of this if you can find one, I've yet to see that . Anyway good stuff thanks for sharing.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm positively sure I've seen in a vid with Blaze doing a catch throw out of his wallclinch. That would solve the dodging issue.