1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Brad changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Blahzie, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

So basically, I was sick of no Brad info, and wanted to start a little speculation on the things that are changed for Brad in R. If this isn't the appropriate place, I trust the mods will do whatever makes sense.

Onto business. So just based on this: [​IMG]

I can't tell what's different about /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, as it still shows it hitting high, high, high, mid-mid. Same for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Probably frame changes... have no idea. Although the second symbol for hit location on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif looks a little different from the first. Special high maybe? That would be fantastic, since you'd be able to delay the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif without too much fear of being interrupted by low punch.

But here's where it gets interesting: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Both seem to hit mid, and unless one of the symbols means "special mid" (probably the second one?) i assume this means that people can't just crouch the second hit. I assume this move replaces /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif has different properties.

If I know AM2, then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif replaces his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif... not sure how useful this is, seems like a nerf.

Now for the stuff that seems like a bonus: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is very interesting, since we all know how great /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is (one of the fastest full circulars in the game, and safe). Now it seems you can follow up with a mid kick! Dare I dream that you can enter clinch off it as well?

Might I also dream that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is a mid full circular? Even if it isn't, it's the one move he's been lacking... assuming it has better range than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and is at least half-circular, which would make it better than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif at range against people with movement.

Also, I'm not sure what changes are being made to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but I hope they're not too dramatic as that's my staple throw.

Anything that anyone would like to add would be greatly appreciated, as I can't read Japanese.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants

[​IMG]

This is "Shita," it means under or low.

[​IMG]

This is "ue," it means on or above (high).

[​IMG]

The first Kanji is "Chuu," meaning middle or center. ---edit because I'm retard--- Chinese/kanji compound reading is "chuu," it is "naka" alone.

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

The symbols on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif are just 'naka', which is middle. No mention of special middle, here anyway. If that helps.

I don't think /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif will be a full-circular, but just that's just me speculating like you. Unless this is out of his ducking.

I'm thinking Sebo's right on the idea they just changed his high low full circulars to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

4. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

I already have some speculation in the vf5r thread, but here goes:

When I saw /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif I thought of something like his long ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. A massive long straight, possibly guard stagger. Maybe a Jeffry's bottlechop style hook, would that be too powerful? If it merely replaces /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif that'd be really sad.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif I guess it'll be a quick knee, sway right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif animation type thing. A more advancing version of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but without followup, maybe it can go into clinch, but I think they'd mention that in this list.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif this is one I'm excited about. A heavy lowkick? High evasion properties? PLZ?!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif a mid to mix with the normal /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif follow-up, nice!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif they finally got rid of the utterly useless /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Even if they just replaced /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with this I'll be happy, accidentily hitting that freak of a low was always a pain.

They changed properties on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I hope they made it a LP crusher, but I don't really think so. I like this one currently, hope they don't mess with it too much.

5. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Since the OP doesn't seem to understand... that flyer is *NOT* a changelist. It's just a "here's how to play the game" info sheet for people who hasn't experience VF before the loketest. Moves included there are just a small sampling of staple moves for the character that AM2 figured people might use, it does not, in any way, indicate that those moves are different at all from VF5.

EDIT: Now I see other threads where people are saying the flyer is listing changed moves... can someone confirm, since I will admit I can't read the entire header?

6. Blahzie

Anyway, what would be fantastic is if /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ended up being his SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (Hunting Middle Kick), which is probably his best single attack, even if it is one of his slowest.

And I agree that if /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif has high evasion properties and isn't as slow as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, that move will definitely become a staple.

As for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, I think it's safe to assume that this replaces both /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I hope it ends up with better frames though, since kickboxers are known for dangerous leg kicks. Right now it seems like his best low attack is actually a punch. (Low sweep still kicks ass though)

With respect to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, if it's a new command for high>low sweep, this is a good thing, but I suspect we'll see a lot of spamming of this move on Live...

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Do you just look for posts just to tell someone they've done something wrong? lol

Always see you say "Your thinking isn't right', 'you're not quite right "since the OP doesn't seem to understand." Sometimes even if the issue has already been corrected or brought to light already. Give that a rest unless you're ok with that image.

8. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm fine with that image... it's called playing Devil's Advocate, and I quite enjoy it. I find most people don't think things all the way through, or think about them in a far too 1-dimensional way. Criticizing them for it tends to be the easiest way to get them to look deeper.

I'm still 90% sure that's not a change list... for example, I think every character has their PP/PPP/PPPK combo listed, with all the same attack heights we've been using for years. I think it's just included because it's considered the most basic attack, not because they've changed the move for every character. I could be wrong, since one post in the long thread implied that standing jabs woudl be universally getting slower? It just doesn't make any sense to me to start speculating on how Brad's 33P+G throw could be different, based on it's inclusion on that list, when most likely it's not different at all, it's on there because every character has 1 throw listed, and that's his strongest one.

9. Blahzie

Hm. Well,

1. AFAIK Brad doesn't have a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif move, so the list you see above certainly has some moves that are new to R.

2. "It just doesn't make any sense to me to start speculating"

Then don't. I don't remember calling you at home to ask you if you'd post in here.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's 100% definitely not a complete list of changed moves. In my recent Kage related post there were many changes listed which did not appear on the flyer.

The flyer was just an aid to help people try shit out. That is all!

Just keep in mind that things can, and invariably do, change after the first location test. VF5 underwent two separate Location Tests from memory, and things like the command for OM changed from 3 or 9P+K+G into what we have today.

11. Blahzie

Neither do I remember claiming that this was a complete list of changes.

But don't get me wrong; that's not to say it's not fun having people follow behind me with a bunch of "you have no right to speculate! The audacity of you!"

Hell, maybe Brad didn't receive any changes in R. That'll show me. mirite?

12. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying don't speculate at all... I've got my own post back in the long thread about the flyer. Many of the commands are clearly new, and are worth talking about. I just specifically was talking about PPPK and 33P+G as likely not having been changed at all, since you originally covered every single move.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I thought I’d quote Myke’s post from the main VF5R thread here for the sake of keeping all the useful information together as he was kind enough to translate some info from VFBBS:

I welcome the additional options from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, especially the mid hitting /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, I wonder if its frame advantage is similar to OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif too? Personally, when I saw the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif command I was hoping for another elbow but I guess Sega wanted to maintain Brad’s emphasis on boxing…

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is also interesting; Myke mentioned it being a high turning kick, since it knocks down I can’t picture it being a variant of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/LD: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif as the back turned feature would loose its merit and with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif already providing a slam on CH (though if combos from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif are now different I guess this applies to all his slam capable techniques) I have a hunch that this new kick might be a half circular like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or even a crescent.

There’s actually a spinning/roundhouse kick technique in Muay Thai that’s delivered with the heel of the foot which I think that would make a logical follow up to the short uppercut of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif called “Jarakhe Fad Hang” (Crocodile sweeps its tail).

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sounds like fun. I have little experience with Tekken but I remember abusing the hell out of that punch of Brian’s in Tekken 3. I doubt it'll cause opponents to skid along the ground on their backs, as cool as that would be... I guess the closest affect in VF would be a head over heels flop like Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif string.

I really like the idea of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif as I’ve always thought that Brad should have had a strong low cutting kick from the get go without having to initiate any special motions (though his sway back low kick is a good technique in and of itself in my opinion). I just hope it doesn’t leave him at too much of a disadvantage or has a special pose on a CH, though a crumble would be nice.

SB: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sounds nice on paper but I’m really going to miss SB: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif; I could rarely pull it off but it was so slick. Ultimately through I see this change strengthening the stance as the additional high guard crush will only bolster his offensive ability and besides; SB: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is superior at switching into another stance then SB: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif was in my opinion.

SL:/SR: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif sounds good and if you can combo off it on a CH does that mean it floats? Also, the nature of the uppercut might mean that it has evasive properties…

SL:/SR: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is just great. Honestly, any additional low kick that Brad gets is good in my book as he’s sorely missing them and this will provide some nice nitaku for a move (SL:/SR: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) that I haven’t found a lot of use for other than a means to switch stance.

I think DK: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif’s change will be noticeable, though I’ve always lacked the skill to use it properly I’m sure superior players will feel its loss. Yet of all the characters that should have a jumping elbow it’s about bloody time that the Muay Thai practitioner gets one. Having it come out of Ducking should keep players honest too. Good stuff all in all.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sounds like a placeholder to me as the now old SB: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif options were easy to discover. I find it hard to believe that the person who discovered /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif wouldn’t have tried to slip or duck or tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif *shrug*. More elbows are always good though.

I guess Kao Loy being switched from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif will top me from screwing up when I just want /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and should make combos easier to perform overall.

Being able to slip and duck from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is nice and opens a range of options, hopefully it’s just as good as it is now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is still up in the air I guess. It could be a new streamlined input like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or, it could be something else entirely. My money is on the former though.

As I mentioned earlier I think combos after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will probably affect /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif variants too. How so is anyone’s guess though I have a feeling that opponents will fall in a different way, perhaps like they do after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/CL: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif; turning and falling flat on their stomachs… which is a far more realistic response to being smacked in the face.

Overall these changes and additions sound like fun but it’s still early days yet. Thanks again Myke.

14. Shinn_Akira

Shinn_Akira Well-Known Member

I want to find out the changes to his 33p+g: also what is meant by a special mid?? lol. and is brians mach punch the won where he looks like he is winding up to throw a baseball. and it gave him advantage on block.

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Special mids do no damage to crouching defenders.

16. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

The change to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is something that I'm worried about. Brad's throws have been nerfed multiple times already.

IIRC, Bryan's Mach Punch is his f,f+2. Brad's new /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a move that I'm particularly interested in. I wonder what its role is. It's described to be as fast as Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and with the same reach. Brad already has /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for punishment so I can't imagine what its role could be from what's known at this point.

Nitaku between SL/SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sounds nice.

If his new /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is his SB /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif then it's shit. I'll need to see the stats on this move.

I'm glad that his old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has been replaced with something else. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be used.

Now his new Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is the move that I'm most interested in. Could this move be used for RN? I can't wait to find out more details.

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

http://bradburnsx.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Apparently, Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif now causes him to duck and his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif causes a ducking opponent to stagger. Not much new information but it's something. Maybe someone who understands Japanese can provide more information from this site if it exists.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I don't think there's any change to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif since I haven't read any reports on it. I think this was brought up (here on VFDC) just because it was noted on the location test quick command list. That command list was just a sampler which also showed attacks that had not changed in R (e.g. Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif).

Some other stuff from the BradBurnsX site (with my shitty translation ability):

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, a mid punch, crouch stagger attack is said to look like the body blow.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a crouching low attack (finally). Libertine you mentioned it was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif but the site above says it's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Also, from the location test command list they showed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as a low, high attack so I'm guessing this is a command change of his old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

They say something about the opponent not being able to shake out of the Catch now, but aren't sure.

The Last Shot appeared to knock the opponent away now (instead of slam!?), making combos after not possible unless against a wall? There's uncertainty as to what will replace the -16f guaranteed combo starting Last Shot, if anything at all!?

There are some musings about the potential of Sway Back with the opponent against a wall. Now you have the new Sway /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with high guard break properties, or Sway /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif mid kick as a kind of nitaku (guess between high or low guard). (My note: this is similarly possible in VF5 with the sway mid or low kick)

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

"The Last Shot appeared to knock the opponent away now (instead of slam!?), making combos after not possible unless against a wall? There's uncertainty as to what will replace the -16f guaranteed combo starting Last Shot, if anything at all!?"

Fuck. That's a huge blow. Hope it's sorted out / there will be some sort of placeholder. It's not so much for nitaku but guaranteed damage mC / normalhit.

20. Libertine

I agree with KiwE. That move was perfect after blocking sweeps and other low attacks that left the opponent at at least -16. It was also cool to use after guarding certain attacks like Brad/Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead of using his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. This change really weakens his punishment ability unless he's given something else to compensate for its loss. Maybe Sega thinks that Brad's knee should be used in punishment where /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif was used, even though it's one frame slower. The simplified command means that it will be easier to react with it.

And KiwE, I don't think that his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif connects on normal hit.