1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Brad changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Blahzie, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Yep, it went down to 35 and that goes for all characters afaik.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5R Ver.B Brad Changes

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif damage changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif recovery changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif recovery and situation after hit changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif damage changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif damage and recovery changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif recovery and situation after hit changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif damage changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit effect changed
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif damage changed
    SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hit effect changed
    SR or SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hit effect and situation after hit changed
    SR or SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif recovery changed
    BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif situation after hit changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif damage changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif situation after hit changed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif wall hit damage changed
    (wall behind opponent) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif damage changed

Note: changes listed as "situation after hit changed" aren't any more specific than that.

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Apologies for duplicating the Ver.B Brad changes. Anyway I'll leave my post as-is, but I thought I might reply to some of Libertine's comments.

This may not necessarily refer to recovery! In my post you see this change referred to as "situation after hit has changed". This could mean anything from:

- shorter or longer recovery
    - the way the opponent is knocked down (i.e. sideways spin, head over heels, etc)
    - change of stance after the move
    - recover standing/crouching after the move
    - etc

While we can certainly rule out some of these for Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, exactly what has changed is still a mystery (to me).

Is this just the reanimation of the head crumple?

Hmm, didn't it always crumple on any hit? Maybe you meant crouch guard? Anyways, I'm not sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as his throws are concerned, they have likely been nerfed. This is Brad afterall, and his throws absolutely must get worse with each iteration.</div></div>
    heh, well I did think his wall throw was too strong when the down attack afterwards was guaranteed!

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

That's fine. You did a better job than me anyway. I actually did the same thing to Griever. After I had done the translation myself I noticed that he already went through the effort in another thread. It's my turn to apologize to Griever!

Actually, if you look back to your own post you also mentioned that the recovery has changed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If you recall, Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif changed from the fade away hook to an elbow that produced the same hit effect as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on CH in R. I haven't seen any video footage on the new hit effect in Ver. B yet.

I wasn't sure if it produced a crumple on normal hit against crouchers. Most of the time I get this to hit on some sort of CH against crouchers, so I wasn't sure. You're right about it not crumpling opponents who use a crouching guard though.

I felt it was fitting given how weak his other throws were in general. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    With /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif it's just what Myke wrote, it's just the animation change for all head crumples.
    And Libertine, no need to apologize, it's not like my translation was copyrighted.... or good for that matter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
    After all we are all trying to get as much info as we can /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Cheers

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Can someone please link to me a vid where it shows this new head crumple, pleasey?

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This vid of Brad doing a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif high kick CH combo results in a head crumple -- I think all head crumples are animated this way in R.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxWw__Qpn-U

Previous to R, head crumples had the opponent's head snap back then fall down face first. But now it's more of a sideways snap with the opponent falling off to the side.

But still, as mentioned previously the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is that new high elbow (Tii Sawk Tron). From what we've seen prior to ver.b this produced a kind of blast-back hit effect. So, I wonder what the change in the hit effect is now? Guess we gotta keep an eye out for vids.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It appears as though there's more than one type of head crumple animation.

At 0:52 in this Vanessa vs Jacky vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPsFHT5sMXA

you see Vanessa's boomerang hook cause the traditional head back-snap crumple.

9. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    This is a vid of Jacky vs Goh /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

This was the case in ver.A, however in ver.B I think they went back to the old one, a bit reanimated though (the opponent seems to fall down longer I think)

I know that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif creates that blast back effect on normal hit. Maybe now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is changed to head crumple or something else, I'll try to find a video of it being used in ver.B

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry, fixed the link now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was the case in ver.A, however in ver.B I think they went back to the old one, a bit reanimated though (the opponent seems to fall down longer I think)</div></div>
    I'm pretty sure there are two types of head crumple animation. You can see for yourself in the Brad combo vid. And it wouldn't make much sense for them to create and introduce a new animation in Ver.A, only to remove it in Ver.B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif creates that blast back effect on normal hit. Maybe now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is changed to head crumple or something else, I'll try to find a video of it being used in ver.B</div></div>
    Actually, I think I recall /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif produced a slam (similar to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif).

gaahhh... I don't know why I'm caring so much. Fuck Sega! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

11. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I'm pretty sure there are two types of head crumple animation. You can see for yourself in the Brad combo vid. And it wouldn't make much sense for them to create and introduce a new animation in Ver.A, only to remove it in Ver.B.</div></div>

Yep, you're right. Maybe it has something to do with a move (creating the head crumple) being linear or half/full -circular.

Actually, I think I recall /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif produced a slam (similar to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif).

gaahhh... I don't know why I'm caring so much. Fuck Sega! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

You know that you care, b/c no matter how many times non-Japanese audience is getting effed up the bottom, we still hope that after all the pain we're gonna get a kiss, a chocolate and flowers, and it will turn out to be a true love instead of simple RAPE /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

13. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yep, you're right. Maybe it has something to do with a move (creating the head crumple) being linear or half/full -circular.</div></div>
    I doubt that's it because both vanessa's boomerang hook and death scythe are semicircular yet they seem to produce different head crumples. BTW if there's not already a name for that kind of hit effect (hit to the head, opponent falls sideways) we might have to come out with one [​IMG]

14. MuayThaiFighter

MuayThaiFighter Well-Known Member

How much does Brads wall throw do? does it still do 65 dmg

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The wall throw has been reduced to 55 pts now with the down attack (13 pts) still guaranteed afterwards.

So instead of totalling 78 pts it's now 68 pts.

16. MuayThaiFighter

MuayThaiFighter Well-Known Member

why do they always reduce brad....it makes me wanna quit

17. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Damage on quite a lot of throws has been reduced, it's not specific to Brad...

18. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    And also, I got the impression that they did a lot to Brad, but he definitely wasn't "reduced". He's a monster now, and I'd love to play him now. He'd be more my main than he is my main now... he'd be "mainer"... my "mainest of main" characters [​IMG]

19. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

It's been awhile since I've concerned myself with VF5R Brad. Is the heavy down attack still guaranteed after his [3][3][P][+][G] throw into the wall? If so, that's more damage than his wall throw with the light down attack now.

Brad's main reduction seems to involve his combos. Some damage on moves were reduced, and I haven't figured out how the damage scaling works now. I've seen at least one combo not connect at all anymore on a certain character, but he also may have gained some combos.

The highest damage combo off of [6_][K] now seems to be [4][P][K][6] Ducking [K] followed by a light down attack. Is the light down attack really inescapable?

Brad is mostly a combo character, and his throws are used to set up oki tactics. His combo damage may be reduced, but he generally has more opportunities to create combos than other characters.

I think the light down attack after [3][P][+][G] may be guaranteed again, BTW.

20. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    If you're saying what I think you're saying, then no, it is not insescapable. Or rather, it can be blocked by simply holding [G] while you're floating in the air.

You should instantly stand up with a standing guard. At least this is how it works in vanilla, not sure if it's different in R.