1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Goh Changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Tsuchikumo would whiff on a back-turned opponent in all previous versions so this isn't too big a deal you get small damage and no followup throw..

Goh's other catch throw, BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif also does nothing on a back-turned foe.

I wish he would get a new attack animation for these situations, my guess is Sega didn't bother since its very rare scenario.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I would like it if /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif would do a backthrow if you subaki'd a backturning punch.
    My guess is it still doesn't do anything but whiff in R.

As for Gohs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif I guess Goh just got the most powerful fullcircular in the game.
    EDIT: If it's full circular anyway.

3. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    But if you are able to anticipate the BT attack, perform only /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, then G(cancel buffer), then P+G =>performing the most powerfuul Goh's throw, which is unescapable-Kegonotoshi (back throw)...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for Gohs + I guess Goh just got the most powerful fullcircular in the game.
    EDIT: If it's full circular anyway.
    </div></div>
    Yeah, it must be fuul circular, i think. Awesome!

It seems that they no longer...Very sad. Tai-otoshi is one of my favorite throw, its so authentic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezwfWk-Qqw
    And Tachidori-todome was very, eh, brutal =)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So sadness what you go out from http://www.fighting.ru/forum </div></div>
    Я очень надеюсь что под "кураторством" Dark'a VF не загниет окончательно- мне было бы очень обидно быть этому свидетелем, после того как потратил столько времени и сил (на одном энтузиазме) на его развитие и популяризацию. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

5. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    VF5R Version B Goh: Animation & other changes (So far).

Match link - http://zoome.jp/komagoma/diary/160/ (Same match as the one Jide posted in the "VF5R Movies" thread - Page 147.)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - At 00:34 in the video

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, (The 2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hasn't been changed) - At 00:36

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - At 00:37

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - At 01:08

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - At 01:26 - This was completely redone. It looks like it could have different hit properties now (Slam, down, bounce, something like that, on the second hit). It's just a guess though.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, (CH) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - At 01:34-01:38 - Too awesome for words.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - At 01:58 - Only the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif has been changed. Goh no longer changes stance after this move. (There appears to be a Small range decrease as well.)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - At 02:27 - Goh no longer changes stance after this move either, and it may have better range now.

Those are all of the changes in that match.

In Komagoma's blog ( http://komakun2kki.blog57.fc2.com/blog-entry-44.html ), he seems to mention that these moves are changed as well: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (CH) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif was in the match at 1:40, but there is no animation change.)

I can't read Japanese (Good ol' Google Translate), so I don't know for sure exactly what the changes he mentioned are. If anyone would like to translate any of it, maybe we could get a better idea of what has and hasn't been changed. (Oh, and these are just observations. I haven't played R.)

"Hilarious" Image! (From Virtuafighter.jp)
    [​IMG]

6. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Love his new 4p+k and 3p animations. He's really swinging for the bleachers in them now.

3k and 46k also look really cool. Wondering if 46k has longer range now? Animation looks it.

The new 6p+kp looks like shit. Sorry I just don't like it, maybe it'll grow on me though.

New 3k+g hit throw looks pretty badass. Must say I like the old one more though, just looks really authentic. I would be afraid to use this new one anywhere near the edge of the ring, Goh moves around too much during it.

46p+kp6p is pretty cool. He lunges his fist out like a cannon.

46k+g is neat too. He takes a little step forward before executing it now, so I would assume the range is a little better.

Thanks for the post though man, good looking stuff!

7. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

I agree with you about it that 66P+G is one of the most powerful moves in VF5Rthis is special low like 2P

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

Watching this stuff just makes me sad, I really want this game. Can't belive you guys are willing to rorture yourself analysing these videos.

9. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I think there is too little known about that move's properties in order to really claim that it's the most powerful move in VF5:R ...

10. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

QFT^

There's no way we can know that...

11. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Well there are people here that have played VF5R. And we DO know the moves properties. A special low that will connect unless the opponent blocks. I'm sure there are certain abare moves that might beat it but I haven't seen many. And considering it's safeness I'd say its way up there in the list of great moves.

12. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree with every one on goh's new animation for low kick strike into throw, its a awesome move that other fighting games wish they had. I wonder if they are going to have an animation for goh's opponent backturned against the mid wall throw.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Exactly. On top of the great reward and being uncounterable on guard, isn't it also full circular (as in, cannot be evaded)?!

Doesn't take a genius nor hands-on experience to see how good this move is! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

14. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Yeah it's a full circular. Well at least I've NEVER seen it evaded. And it never could be evaded in previous versions as far as I know.

I think earlier in this thread it was put best. If Goh has advantage and does this move. IF YOU DO ANYTHING BUT BLOCK you will get hit by it. And you don't wanna get hit by it. Some characters I've seen as much as 70 damage off of a landed 66p+g.

In short, move is crazy now.

15. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wait, wasn't the move supposed to be reverted changed back into a catch throw in version B? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

16. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

The sources of information for this move are too dim for me - especially if you take the numerous big changes of Revision B into account that we don't really know about yet ...

17. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

From this vid, Goh looks like a freaking monster now. I'd love to beat on someone with this version of Goh. His moves are so much more practical it seems. I think he would be deadly in my hands! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What is that 6 hit combo Jean does at 1:15? A hit throw? Looks cool...

18. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    I've never seen Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif evaded either, so I'd say one could definitely call it a full circular even though it technically isn't. In most R matches, a Goh player using it correctly usually wins (or at least does a heck of a lot better). So I'd easily call it the best full circular that I've ever seen.

Well, at least in the location test version of B, there seems to be no change to it. It's at 01:16 in that Goh VS Sarah match and Sarah just blocks it high. They should just make it unblockable again. Then Goh could be S+++ tier. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is an odd move in R. If /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif connects: no follow up other than a down attack or down throw; but if only the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif connects: you get a flop combo and get a guaranteed extra 20 to 30 damage with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. It's just weird that the move is better if the first part misses. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I'd call it a "Jean hit throw", 'cause I've never seen another move like it. It has the longest single move imput that I've ever seen:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. The first hit staggers on block, and then the rest is guaranteed (as long as you can imput it correctly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ). I think that the opponent has to be blocking for it to work, but since I've never played R, I don't know for sure. Here's a stupidly boring match of a Jean player practicing just this move - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNbifm4-ng

19. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    It makes sense if you take a close look at it. Goh's 4pk is one of his easiest hit checkable moves. If it caused a flop for more combo after you landed the whole thing it would be a little crazy. Instead they decided to make delaying the followup more dangerous to increase the moves importance I guess. It's way unsafe though so I doubt many people would use it anyway.

20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

It's not the first nor the last 2 hit string that has good MC properties on the second hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. The first hit staggers on block, and then the rest is guaranteed (as long as you can imput it correctly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ). I think that the opponent has to be blocking for it to work, but since I've never played R, I don't know for sure. Here's a stupidly boring match of a Jean player practicing just this move - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNbifm4-ng </div></div>
    This is a bit off-topic but it doesn't have to be guarded, it works just a well on normal hit. Secondly it's not a hit-throw, it's just a "on guard or hit" kind of follow-up save for the last hit that actually is a hit-throw. I think you can probably throw that thing in a wall combo if you wanted (not the last hit though for obvious reasons).