1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Kage Changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dammit! Looks like I'll have to finally learn the damn move.

Ogi, on normal hit does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif float or knock down (as if done in an air combo)? Is it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? Also, can you comment on how the speed, range and recovery compare to the move in VF5 ver. C? Thanks!!

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

WOW~
    nice info about KAGE~
    thanks for the posting 0gi~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I think Kage still belongs to high rank character; however, compare with VF5, maybe a little bit dropped but it's not a big deal~

3. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

normal hit combo possible.

(like u use 66p+k on crouching opp, if hit u can keep comboing)

like 66p+k p 2p+kk, does decent dmg.

range is okish it seems, not short. recovery is ok, small disadv, i think its same as in 5.

when that move hits, it feels like his old vf4 chop...

the speed of the move, i think its even fast as in 5. maybe they change? i dont know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Range looks really bad. Look at his side kick now!

5. NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm a Kage player, and the tremendous nerfing...they might have well have removed him.

6. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

You may have to stop playing video games altogether this is such a travesty!

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Gensic is right: "...they might have well have removed him." They should only bring back Kage in VF6 if he's going to be in the upper tiers.
    Lower tier Kage: we don't want him! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
    Other characters can and should be nerfed but never Kage.
    For crying out loud, he's a ninja! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

8. WILFACTS

WILFACTS Member

1) Hey so does TFT combos still allows 2p+k for a connecter for 60+ damages now?
    such as in vf5 - TFT -> 2p+k -> 4pk -> 6_pp4pk for 63dmg

2) I forgot where I saw it, but someone said dpod is easier to execute in 5R, is this true? If so, whats the difference?

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    TFT -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif still works I'm sure.

What's cool now is that if you do a quick dash /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif before the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif you end up switching places and will be Back Turned. From here, the BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif will connect. I've seen the following combos posted on a Jp site, but yet to see it in a movie yet:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> (BT) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> (BT) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2) I forgot where I saw it, but someone said dpod is easier to execute in 5R, is this true? If so, whats the difference?</div></div>
    You most likely saw it in this thread, which was a translated comment Jin made on his blog. However, that was probably a first impression. After asking some other people I've been told that it's the same.

10. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

That is good news. It's great the way it is imho.

11. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    sorry for asking what might be a silly question,
    but what string is kage doing at 1:48 in the highkickradio jeff vs kage vid posted in this thread earlier?
    he does a punch and kick (hm?) into shipp. is it a new move or a new ani?

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's Juumonji /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to Shippuujin.

13. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

hmmmmm... we all have 2 learn him new... that sux... i think... maybe its fun... we will see...

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

15. StarNab

StarNab Well-Known Member

Huh ? The back flip jump (~1:06) has been slowed down a lot ! Or ?

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Looks the same speed to me.

Combolammas, thanks for pointing that out. I had heard earlier that JM reversal worked against knees but was never confirmed (until now of course!)

17. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Suits me. Almost all of the moves that have been changed were moves with which I've taken issue, and I'm glad to see that Mr. I'm Ridiculously Too Powerful has been changed. It seems like they've just taken that 'for fuck's sake that move is so broken!' factor away from most of his stuff, which means that people will have to play that bit harder and depend on their skill to win instead of just falling back on Kage's silly moves list.

I just hope we get a console version...