1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Lion Changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I'm using japanese conventions, if you don't like it, gtfo. :p

6PP - You've probably seen this many times, it's now an elbow into dash punch which knocks down on second hit. The second hit is techable after the initial fall though. Seems to have the same properties as the old 6P, just that the second hit seems faster.

2_3P - Uppercut got changed to this command. Seems to have the same properties but I wasn't in any situation to test it...

6P+K, K - animation has been totally redone and doing just 6P+K doesn't leave you BT anymore.

1K+G, P (second hit is new) - totally different now. It's still a low hit, but the range is half of what it used to be, and it no longer ends with BT. You now have a canned P followup though.

44K - This seems to come out a bit slower than before, but it could be my eyes. Perhaps the move's attack frames are later now? I'm not too sure.

P+K - like 44K this seems to hit later in the animation, but is still the same attack.

6K - No more gay dance with 6K P+K+G but on counter this crumples and you can score 46P+K, P, 66P+K, P for an easy, damaging combo.

66P - animation is different... it looks like it hits high but I'm not too sure on that, I couldn't confirm it. It gives a head crumple instead of stomach crumple too.

PKP - Last hit is totally different, and doesn't stun like in VF5. Same properties it seems though.

TRSF (6P+K+G) - Lost 6K (jumping knee) and f+P, P (two hit circular mid).

TRMF (4P+K+G) - new animation for the stance... didn't seem to be missing anything major but I only tried P+K and K lol.

41236P+G - No longer the stabby eye poke throw. Lion now whirls them around with an arm drag and then nails them with a jumping roundhouse kick. I only used this on the CPU during Knockout Trial and they didn't tech hit, so I am assuming that this is non-techable (CPU almost always techs during KOT).

That's all I found today, but I'm sure there are more changes.

2. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

couple of more things I forgot...

4K+G - Full circular high hit, much like Jeff and Wolf's K+G

61P+G - Catch throw is changed... after 2_8 there's no special throw animation, it's just the side throw.

3. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Did you think he was more powerful Reno???

The 6K crumple on counter is a powerful change if it's still 14 frames.

6PP looks crazy now. Looks like a better combo finisher than it used to be...

Hope we get to play...

4. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

6K definitely seems slower but I still didn't have much of a problem hitting it against people I played against.

1K+G is one of his better new moves too... that move is very hard to read (at least for me) because it's nowhere as pronounced as the old 1K+G, and he's not left BT or crouching or anything. Think of how hard it is to block against Shun's 1KK on reaction and you'll get the idea I think.

5. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Lion has a low attack from catch throw now... just do 2K after 61P+G. I only tried it after the catch throw so I don't know if it works once you shift to your opponent's side. The 2K crumples on hit and guarantees a down attack, although not sure about anything else. It might guarantee a pounce, or even 66KK but I'll have to try later.

6. Terra

Terra Well-Known Member

Does he still have CH 3k into the bounce juggle? I haven't seen that in any Lion vid aside from the Chibita vs El Blaze one some time ago.

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

You should try to find the command for his new turning around low poke, it seems like a two handed move so may be it's something with P+K, it looks like a good move :p

8. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Is that the move where he kind of sweeps his arms in a circular motion and hits low? If so, the command is 41236P

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Yep it must be this one, is it as good as it seems ?
    Also does the new 1 K+G,P combos on normal hit ?

10. XxLegaiaxX

XxLegaiaxX Well-Known Member

interesting.... if only will can prove Lion in R version...i'm will be very happy......i hope into release for console...

i prey it.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

11. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

VF5R Lion - Combo-Mantis?

Been watching YouTube on VF5R Lion , few observations,

(1) Lion can do 100+ wall combos
    (2) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, I feel like it's 'upgraded' /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    (3) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works on Jeffry (I think is in the Jeffrey vs Kunoneko's Lion YouTube clip). In VF4 days, I practiced like mad for this combo to work on Kage and LeiFei. Now it works on Jeffrey !