1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Location Test Movies

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Awesome, thank you Ogi! I have been dying to see what Joseph can do with Akira's new moves, but unfortunately he didn't use many. It seemed like he just couldn't get the chance to thought. It seems like Shun is still an Akira killer based on this vid. Lie down stance is just way to strong. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, Akira IMMDEDIATELY does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif without delay only to be interrupted both times Shun goes to stance. The ability to go to stance off of every drop down move is just way to strong. Either it needs to be linked to just a few moves or there needs to be some sort of delay before he can attack. Having the ability to attack right away as well as the ability to go mobile and roll in 4 directions is just ridiculous and highly abusive. As I see more and more Shun matches it looks like I may be pulling a switchnation to Shun if things stay the way they are. Why fight it when you can join it!

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>SWITCHNATION! THE ONLY WAY TO CONSISTENTLY WIN IN VF5. JOIN THE REVOLUTION![/size] </span>

2. cadorna

cadorna Well-Known Member

I second this! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I like how Shun is mobile, fluid, and just plain tricky. I think if they seriously tone down his damage potential it'll be OK.

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    If it's not toned down to 40-50 point combos then it's to much. Am I the only one paying attention to how EASILY he chips damage due to how safe and elusive he is? And he is not the only character that's constantly just chiseling away damage because of the low risk high reward factor. I just think it's ridiculous that normal hit combos are doing 60+ points of damage especially when they can come from any of the launchers he has(AND HE HAS TONS OF THEM. SOME ARE NORMAL MOVES THAT LAUNCH FROM MC) compared to only the few launchers that most chars have. If these chars don't hit you with these launchers, they simply are not going to launch you and get a combo. Where as Shun can just be doing a random string and if something MC's the opponent gets launched and he gets 60+ damage! You think this is O.K.? Random strings should = free 60+ damage combos and guessing right against his stance should = 15-25 damage for most? Maybe I need to smoke what everyone else is smoking.

5. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Btw Konjou now that you officially joined my nation I need you to come to my office and sign some papers.

6. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Wait, so what are these fantabulous strings?

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm with you -- I think if most of his combos are Kage-level damage, i.e. ~50 points, he'll be fine. I hope AM2 does this or we discover that Shun actually does have serious weaknesses.

Two other things I think AM2 should fix:

- Sarah's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif stagger to FL knee "combo" that yields 70+ damage. The stagger looks like it's impossible to struggle out of and I saw a high dan player continually get caught by it. I think it's just too much damage for an attack that gives advantage on block, has great length and is medium speed.

- Jean's damage potential from his knee. On counter he should max out at 80 points whereas I think right now he's capable of 85-90 points. Given how good all his other moves are, he should not be able to cause so much damage off of one move.

8. _Denkai_

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

In VF5 4P,P is one of them, mixups are strong from this since you can go to stance, do only one hit or delay to get a MC, and if you get it it's a 50 damage combo iirc.
    Same with 64P,P full circular to mid string.

10. _Denkai_

3pp, 46ppp (can go into stance, last PK will float) 64PP(last P will float) 4pp(last p will float) low disadvantage on all of these hits as well High reward.

My main is Jacky but I find it much easier to win with Shun, his move are better suited for dmg and abare

11. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Yeah, the damage is pushing it, but I play Sarah so you KNOW I'm not going to complain about this buff. Shit is too good.

I gotta mention though, that one thing to keep in mind is that vs. Sarah, there really is no reason whatsoever to be crouching when she's close to you. You fuzzy guard all of her moves that close(that's why a move like 4K needs advantage like it does) or you evade, and she's trapped outside of P4K and 1K(which might be gone in R since that's the new Dragon command, though it might be 2K since the current 2K is now 3K in R).

As far as her other lows, one, she has to be at a fairly large advantage in order to use them uncontested because they're slow, two, they're slow enough point blank to react to, and three, mad punishable on guard the best one(the much much needed sweep) being knee/launch class guaranteed. Some characters in her terrible matchups, even have the luxury of crouching all day when they can reverse or sabaki the mids you're suppose to be standing that close against.

12. Mecha_G

Mecha_G Well-Known Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AD4Kiy4cIho"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AD4Kiy4cIho" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Check out Lei-Fei's new throw at 2:39.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/We5J7xzsiPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/We5J7xzsiPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Kage's slide kick is now a throw. Also, breakable high fence. Goh's stage has these, too.

13. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Kage's slide kick from the Jumonji run was a hit throw in VF5.

Also, the wall break was unexpected.

14. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    What's the music in the first video!? I know it!
    The Lei-Fei's throw is not new, it's his throw from Doku /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.
    The Kage's slide is also not a throw, it's a hit throw and I think it's been this way since FT (or maybe just vf5).

A thing to notice is Kage's "drop-leg" kick bouncing after the new TFT near the wall.
    Agree with above, that wall break was totally unexpected!

15. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

You're right it has been that way since VF4: FT.

16. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

What a great mentality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta mention though, that one thing to keep in mind is that vs. Sarah, there really is no reason whatsoever to be crouching when she's close to you. You fuzzy guard all of her moves that close(that's why a move like 4K needs advantage like it does) or you evade, and she's trapped outside of P4K and 1K(which might be gone in R since that's the new Dragon command, though it might be 2K since the current 2K is now 3K in R).

As far as her other lows, one, she has to be at a fairly large advantage in order to use them uncontested because they're slow, two, they're slow enough point blank to react to, and three, mad punishable on guard the best one(the much much needed sweep) being knee/launch class guaranteed. Some characters in her terrible matchups, even have the luxury of crouching all day when they can reverse or sabaki the mids you're suppose to be standing that close against. </div></div>...

*sigh*

Btw, ever heard of combining the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif buttons?

17. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Your posts are so annoying. How about you actually watch a Sarah match. It's posters like you, that probably stop players from posting decent information because they'll post stuff that works from experience, and why stuff doesn't work from experience, and posters like you that talk nothing but theory and play paper VF come in and constantly attempt to "try" and debunk something.

Trying to sound all sarcastic and shit.

It's easy to play paper VF.

18. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

since when does throw beat fuzzy, evade and sabaki's anyway? even a delay throw will lose to those options if the player knows what he is doing...

19. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

So basically, leave it to Jeneric, to bust out of nowhere again and be annoying, like a misquito.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

eh, wasn't that throw of Lei Feis already in 5 too?!