1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Location Test Movies

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes, there were no new throws for Lei in that vid.

2. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

Okay, I did not know the stage's title track. Efharisto.[/size]

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I disagree with that it would play like Tekken if it wasn't for P/2P. VF has crouch dashes that can be cancelled with evades (effective ones) and with G. The reason that Tekken players get hit during all of that seizure-like stepping is because they can't cancel with guard or an effective sidestep.
    So, no, I don't believe that if P/2P were toned down VF would play like Tekken.
    I think it would play like a lot of good matches that we all have seen where both players are good but they don't abuse, rely or depend on P/2P spam.

Btw, what was the other animation that you wanted Jacky to have?

4. Dive2Blue

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jrUsWORi3Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jrUsWORi3Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Enjoy, everyone.[/size]

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Would it be too much to ask for character description when you embed a video?

I'd appreciate it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. tonyfamilia

It's a surprise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

No offence Tony but you really don't seem to understand the game mechanics of Tekken and as such maybe you shouldn't talk about it. Stepping is more efficient there and since backdash = guard there's no need for a G button. You SS in advantage to avoid things and look for opening while in VF you evade in diss. It's entirely different but the reason you get hit in movement is more cause of tracking properties of moves and / or timing (and alignment before attack). The sidestep there is VERY effective but different from VF's and more "dynamic" or "analog" if you ask tekkenplayers.

Back on topic I have no problem with P and 2p - they're so imbedded into other gameplay mechanics (RN, vs Evaders bla bla) so it would be really hard to remove them at this point in time. Also, removing them would mean a big big launcher threat at every advantage as the fastest interupt your opponent would have would be an elbow etc. They've been nerfed all the time. Maybe standing P shouldn't be +2 on guard but +1 though (2p range has been nerfed for VFR right?).

8. Dive2Blue

Say what?[/size]

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Instead of just embedding a video, post a line to say which characters are playing. For example: El Blaze vs Akira.

Everyone is doing this, and so can you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    BTW, that El Blaze vs Akira video that Dive2Blue posted (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jrUsWORi3Q) was pretty amazing.

While Akira may have lost the elbow followup to the single palm, a single palm (wall) -> double palm looks brutal!

Mind your eyes don't pop out when you watch the last round!

11. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    101 dmg! Holy Crap! Those Akira wall combos are dangerous.

12. Dive2Blue

Okay, I see what you mean. I was kind of confuse on what Shag said.[/size]

I guess the video shows us on how powerful Akira may be in gameplay.[/size]

13. tonyfamilia

Kiwe, no offense taken. I really don't know much about Tekken, I just play it casually but I still don't think that VF would play like Tekken if P/2P were toned down.
    I just think that it would look more like high-level play matches where both players don't rely heavily in spamming neither of the two, imho.

Anyway, back to the vids:
    Jeffry vs Jacky
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEtdr8d4No

Jeffry vs Lau
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqMSBfbcm18

14. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I know it's gone in R but doesn't just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif> KNEE do more damage than the combo in that vid?

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    No. Your combo is 65 on normal 77 on counter.

ps. To KiwE: low punch range is hard to nerf because it basically point blank range as is. What is changed is propably the hitbox so that it hits lower in R.

16. tonyfamilia

17. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

18. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    OMG, hot Itoshun action!

Nice to see Brad's jumping elbow from ducking! Nice moves! Nice combos! Nice fucking LOW THROW!?!??!

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Pretty cool Brad action. Notice how his jumping elbow is now his bounce move. The low throw may have been a wall throw, but might have been a real low throw too. Difficult to say.