1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Location Test Movies

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I thought that it was a wall throw too. It was the way they bounced back off the wall after most hits, where as in most non-wall strike throws done against against a wall, only the final hit has a possibility of hitting the wall (if all that makes sense).

Also, wall low throws are possible (Sanman had one in Fighting Vipers), and if Brad's move is a wall low throw, are we going name low wall throws as half wall throws to avoid confusion?

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed VF4 style wall combos will somehow return hehe.

3. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

looked like a wall throw to me.

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Crouching wall-throw, man, that thing looked great. And 78 points of damage to reward you for getting it.

Anyone notice when Brad did his slipping into K (Typical Oki option for Brad) but then caught Eileen side blocking with it and advanced in for an easy side-throw? That was dirty! lol

Brad looks like a blast to play. Man, everyone does lol.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Wall throw. You can see Eileen stand up right into it.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

1. I think Sarah has fine mid attacks...better than most characters, in fact.

2. Top players don't spam P/2P because they've learned how to deal with it a LONG time ago and realize they're fair (not awesome, though important) moves. I.e. it has its uses but you won't win any major tournaments spamming them so...why bother?

3. What I said about Jean's knee? Yeah...Brad too. Looks like AM2 has upgraded everyone's damage potential across the board. (Except Kage, Jacky and Lau?)

7. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I surly hope that the new low jacky has didn't replace his current 2 K+G K if so its a Major nerf. His current 2 K+G is light years better then that low he used in that Jeffery video

8. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Maybe they feel bad for Brad and Jean's throw damage lol. Actually Jean has some ok damaging throws, but not much better than Brad's.

But yeah I agree. I'm fairly certain that combo shown will only work on lesser weights but even then, 91 damage off of a knee? Without any difficult execution (I know execution shouldn't be argued in damage values but still). Does have me a bit worried too. I'm generally fine with high damage like that, but at least make it situational or more difficult to arrive at than off of a standard launcher.

Aghr, the damage is my ONLY hesitaiton I have with this iteration so far. It may turn out to be just fine, but it's a scary thought that everyone can win a round with a lucky CH or something.

9. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I was wondering if it was just my perception of the elevated damage because I had never noticed the combo damage indicator (I had stopped watching replays for a quite a while it would seem) or if the damage was just a tad on the high side.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This is news to me... granted Im no jacky expert but I thought his 2K+GK pretty much sucks compared to low backfist.. The latter is among the few safe low attacks in the game and also combos on counterhit.

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ The spacing and ability to hit check it is what makes it good. It's also beefy damage on counterhit. As Denkai said to me earlier but this is how I use it as well, back dash into it, or use it on a well spaced oki situation and it's an extremely good move to use.

12. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Brad's neck catch into a 94pts damage + oki situation seems a bit too much for me.
    Akira 101pts damage wall combo, though it seems to happen at a particular angle seems a bit too much too.
    However those new wall throws looks great.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

My oh my, where to begin...

Ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif certainly looks impressive: Short range but deadly combo potential and it seems that if timed right (0:37) it will evade /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (at least the ones delievered with the hind arm) too! The original ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif was useful but this new hopping elbow seems more versitile and will be far easier to utilize.

We at last see /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif at 1:09 and the kick is a crescent (inverted too, so I won't miss his old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif so much now)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is definitely going to be a b**** to deal with if you're on the receiving end; evade and you're hit by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, stand and counter and you risk being slamed by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and if you duck then there's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to contend with...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif seems to have received a dmg boost (1:15: From 18, 18, to 20, 20) which is nice, though this could change by the offical release.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is shown from a far better angle here at 1:17; it looks like it has good range and speed but the recovering animation is going to be a liability if blocked, not to mention the sound cue and the inevitable disadvantage Brad will be left at. There's also still no indication of the damage it deals nor its hit effect either. Looks slick though.

2:51 - The wall throw... It's not a Tiger Genocide, yet I feel Sagat would approve. I certainly do! In my honest opinion; running up someone's face i.e. Lei Fei is the epitome of fighting "cool", I can't deny that, however; smashing the crap out of someone's face sure comes close!

Alternatively; Brad could have easily mounted Eileen after the gut punch and delievered a vertcial elbow to the crown of the head Tony Jaa/Muay Boran style, but I think AM2 sought to stay true to Brad's sharp "pugilist" manner. The whole routine works for me regardless. It reminds me of a finisher from "Def Jam: Fight for New York" in its brutality.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif at 2:57 looks like its had its range improved to fit its reanimation, or visa versa, ultimately; AM2 have really nailed the animation/technique for Muay Thai low kicks in this version. With the addition of slipping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif I'm chomping at the bit to play Brad in R.

Thanks for the link.

14. Shinn_Akira

Shinn_Akira Well-Known Member

is it me or is anybody else loosing interest in vf5 because of all this crazy stuff we are seeing in VF5R. I really hope that AM2 brings this to consols, or even an update for $30 bucks or so on live. that way they wouldn't loose that much money with disk production costs, but distributing it as an upgrade over live. but man after seeing that itoshun movie with brad. i AM VERY EXCITED TO EXPEREMENT!! they didn't even do half of his new stuff. so hyped!!!!!!!

AM2 BRING THIS TO LIVE OR DISK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I was reading some where that brads clinch is un-escapable?????? is that true? if so is there a vid of this somewhere?

15. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

In my opinion "R" is to VF5 what "Evo" was to VF4; two new characters (technically one and the return of the other), a few new moves and some significant tweaks to the current ones as well as to the overall engine.

I'll wager that there'll be a home port of R, whether it'll come to the west though, I don't know. Evo was released at a discount price but I guess it depends how great of a distance it is between 5 and R's release; if we don't hear official news of a port till this time next year and then receive the game proper in the winter then I'd expect to pay full retail price.

16. BTY

BTY Member

Does anyone know when this game comes out because I really want to play this?

17. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The location test is officially over. Please post noteworthy vids in the VF5R Movies thread from now on.

Thanks.