1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Vanessa: New moves and changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jeneric, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

YES!!!!

This is possibly the best thing ever!

Trolling is bad, mmmkay.

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Come on, Tim, they fixed Sarah already and made her super strong. You want 10f jabs too???
    I mean, she's not Dural and Shun strong but /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    VF5R Vanessa: New moves and changes

So does anyone know what frames is Vanessa after her new DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif string connects? (I suppose it's a natural combo but) if it leaves her at at least +3 that would mean her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif could beat low punches. Unfortunately i don't remember acebreaker pressing the attack after DS pk (yet) so i'm worried that it might leave vane at negative frames on hit sort of like lion's or lau's pk /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    edit: This is erdraug's post that got accidentally moved to page 1 while thread cleaning. Sorry!

5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I'll trade you 10 frame jab for making moves slower and recovery time slower for heavier weights. There is no reason a heavy should outclass a light or even come close in the speed department EVER. Now mids are in the same class as light?..lol. What do they hope to gain from subtracting one of vf's basic core's from the game? Smells like steaming pile o dung to me, but I digress. The fact of the matter is light's power WAS their P and heavies was the damage potential. Everyone inbetween these classes benefited one way or the other, so basic balance could exsist. Now, if this is true about p going only to two classses and everyone likes the idea of 10 frame p gone, then let's take away high damage for heavier classes, yes? To me it only seems like a fair deal. Having said that, you can see that damage isn't taken away, but merely boosted in this version. Oh well, looks to me they are trying something "NEW" and avoiding the old formula, so they can stay afloat in these years of the dying arcades.

Sorry about the trolling everyone...
    Now back to our regular broadcasting...

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Look at Jeff's basic /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combos. And a MC/mC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif isn't 41/37 damage anymore.

stfu

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Since this is a vanessa thread i'd like to state for the record that no more 10 f-punches means vane's DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif becomes even more unique! Theoretically speaking she can begin using it from -2!

...Unless they changed the move back to 10 frames?

Hmm, once again after watching intently VF5R vids for these past months i'm getting more and more eager for some frame data, even if it's just for theory-fighting /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

I hope they changed it back to 10f...or maybe even removed it, the move is pretty stupid.

9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    It certainly has it's uses though, specially against some types of playstyles: flamingo happy Sarah, in-your-face Brad, zenk-happy eileen, RD-happy Blaze, abare Lau, probably more. Plus it can punish some unpunishable stuff like akira's shoulder ram! It can even double as a taunt, making up for DS vane's lack of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif dancing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Why exactly do you think it's pretty stupid? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

10. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    IDK...it kills /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif flow charts.

That's pretty nice... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

11. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

That is why it's stupid, it interrupts too much. It's not like she doesn't have enough moves to kill opponent's offense anyway.

12. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Oh. Well, yes, that's a legitimate concern i guess. We'll see if it gets removed then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

For the time being, a new float from acebreaker's latest vid:

DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif CH foot crumple (2:53) > low punch rebounce > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (60)

...might only work on lightweights though.

Acebreaker also pulls out a flashy alternate combo for vane's tiger knee:

OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif CH float (0:48) > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (87)

...although i fail to see the point, a regular OS knee-kick-jab-hook would have dished out more damage i think, no? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

13. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Been looking at the main VF5R vids thread and stumbled upon a new OS wall combo found Sharkvanessa's youtube channel:

OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif wall stagger /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif wall splat /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif 2nd wallsplat /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif wall hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif slam /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (112)

I supose it only works on lightweights, still scary though.

I was wondering, the new OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is noted as being semicircular, right? If it covers vanessa's front that would mean she now has 2 semicircular lows that combo on CH covering different directions. And judging by the way it animated in this vid (0:48) i think it does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Can we somehow confirm this?

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    The new OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif apparently crouch staggers, as can be seen @ 0:34 of this new acebreaker vid.

15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I've been looking at the command list again and noticed that Intruder Step /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif lost the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif followup. A reasonable change if you ask me.

Also, there's -1 DP on the second part of front sleeper hit-throw, giving more incentive to actually try and nail the multipart. In fact, there's generally more moves that sober, i don't know if that's just vanessa or a generalized tendency /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

More importantly though, where is OS WR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif ? I know the WR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif had its input replaced but i can't seem to find the WR punch. Where is DS WR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ? Where are the hand holds? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    On the positive side, as can be seen in this vid, it seems her "easy mode" floats after back charge kick became even easier /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif DS gets /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and OS gets /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. And since they work against Jeffry they should work against anyone, right?

17. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Lol, that's awesome. Thanks erdraug. It seems easier to juggle with her now. Universal weight (except Taka) combos, that's what I needed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

18. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Well, to be honest, she has those already, after back charge kick DS gets /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and OS gets /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif they just do significantly less than 60 and 72 damage and if the opponent performs exact recovery he can recover at the same time as vanessa denying her any wakeup pressure.

Hmm, looking back at my post i realize i've worded it wrong, i meant to say "easy mode" floats got upped in damage, just like everything seeems to in VF5R.

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Apparently the redesigned DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be used after boomerang hook to slam the opponent and pull some fancy combos /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

20. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    yo uhhhh
    has anyone noticed that Vanessa changed into OS magically in the middle of the boomerang hook combo...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

This can mean either two things...

1.5R allows Vanessa to buffer stance changes during moves for instant stance switching!!!!!! (Extremely unlikely, and would cause massive head explosions)

or

2.The new /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif switches stances.