1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Vanessa: New moves and changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jeneric, Jul 27, 2008.

1. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Chef, what part of the video are you talking about when she changes stances during that combo? I don't think I saw it.

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    It's neither. She doesn't go into OS.

What she does is:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and finishes with one of 3 things:

DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

As You can see, all of those are from DS, two of them finish with a knee (which might have confused You).

Still a nice vid, Thanks.

3. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    That makes so much sense. I don't know why I assumed she was doing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(OS)

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Maybe because they look very similar, which is natural since they both are mid punch > knee strings /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I went back to double check though, if she were able to buffer stance changes it would be indeed awesome (and kind of imba i admit).

On another note, i think her neutral throw has been redesigned as it appears to throw the opponent a tad further away now. Maybe they incorporated this change so that taka can have his own animation, using the old one one which lands opponents right next to vane. Anyway, all that to speculate that vanessa won't be at the same kind of horrible disadvantage after the opponent techrolls canyon dive anymore /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It also apparently rings out over the small step found at Aoi's stage /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I wouldn't be surprised if Hell's Gate rings out forward over the step too.

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    While surfing on the zoome wave i stulbled across this zoome video and a couple of things occured to me:

* Vanessa's new jacky-style OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif string seems to combo on Taka (0:39) just like Reno complained that Jacky's string does. VERY useful thing to know.

* DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif sabaki hitbox is STILL bigger its actual damage hitbox (1:03) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

* Taka has indeed his own /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif animation. My suspicions that he also has a better advantage on techroll are somewhat confirmed as the taka player promptly attacks after techrolling and the vanessa player seems to be anticipating this and evades (2:14).

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Vanessa is ALWAYS at massive disadv (-8 at least) when an opponent tech rolls her neutral /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, so nothing new. Actually it looked like she recovers faster against Taka.

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I just thought that, given the new VF5R animation, she'd be at less of a disadvantage, something like -5 or -6, something in the fuzzy range, keeping her old -8 or more against taka. But anyway, we won't know the details until we get our hands on the game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif At least we all agree that taka's got his own animation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Btw, looks like it's hard to float him after parrying kick /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

PS: still watching the same zoome channel, in this vid (1:23) either the vanessa player messed up on his timing or OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif rebounce combos don't work anymore /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Which would be normal i guess, since the move is now high i mean, still /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif though.

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Here's acebreaker's report on VF5R Vanessa version B changes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (nice to see he's still active btw, i was starting to fear the worst since it's been almost two months since he last uploaded a replay to youtube) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

Using online translation tools, here's some of what i think are notable gameplay changes :

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif throw > stomp not necessarily guaranteed
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif something about air hits
    DS HCF throw dropped to 57 damage (from 62)
    DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif apparently advances forward and something about hitting like Aoi's ff+k. However it's mentioned as 8 or 9K /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

If anybody wants to fully translate acebreaker's commentary your effort will be highly appreciated /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

9. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

10. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Awesome changes to the animation! I jizzed in my pants thanks to You Jeneric /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Not trolling, some good points here. The 'speed' of lightweights comes from more than just basic punch though.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

^
    Wrong thread?

13. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

I just love Vanessa's new grab move for when she tackles you. She really beats you into the ground. The game has kind of sped up one of her moves.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

15. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Yep, and it also seems to come out quicker.
    Around 1:20 you can also see some kind of low backhand attack(looks like it's from crouching, not sure though). Is that new?
    Also, what's quite important is a new sound when changing stances. I guess it's also for the opponent to know what's going on... (unless there are Vanessa players that get lost in all the 2 stances /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    http://zoome.jp/vf_kao/diary/13/ features the new /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

And a pink coat with matching black shirt with a rose petal pattern on it, the kind venerable secretaries wear /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Anyway, the move definetly has range now, no more whiffing when trying to hit Aoi out of yin yang /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif The vanessa player botched his combo afterwards though.

Here's another vid where it's used: http://zoome.jp/kartika/diary/143 but it doesn't connect unfortunately. Is it me or the move is slightly faster /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Anyway the second vid might be worth watching because the new /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif allows for a decent /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif rebounce > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combo. Plus there's some Lei Fei wall action going on.

17. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

In case it hasn't already been mentioned here: she still has her DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif punch grab.

2:25
    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS4nyc4tKQ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SS4nyc4tKQ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

18. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Acebreaker has posted even more ver. B analysis in his blog. there's a ton of info but of course i had major trouble understanding it. One thing that caugt my mind is that OS [6] [6] [K] [8] or [2] [K] is now guaranteed on normal hit [​IMG] and something about OS [9] [P] being slower [​IMG] I'd rather he'd upload some vids but hey, there's also some damage comparison of version B floats, and who knows, he might be changing ISPs, or maybe he set up a zoome channel we haven't been able to track down yet [​IMG]

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    While watching this vid mentioned in the VF5R Brad thread i realised DS [1] [P] has been reanimated back to what seems its VF4 incarnation [​IMG] one can only hope the frames have followed suit

20. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    After a 4 month hiatus acebreaker has taken to posting vids again!

Here's what i've gathered by watching his 3 new vids so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMo432RKU9E vs Wolf

OS [6] [6] [K], [2] [K] natural combo
    OS [6_] [K] reanimated once again
    OS [9] [P] beat a throw from negative frames, is that normal? also, can vanessa follow up a normal hit on wolf with [P] > [6] [P], [P], [K] in VF5 vanilla? [​IMG]
    OS back charge kick > low punch rebounce > [6] [P], [P], [K] but we've already seen that vs a Jeffry iirc, must be a heavyweight combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2vuk0AgeI&fmt=18 (vs CPU)

OS [9] [P] CH > [9] [K] [+] [G] > [3_] [K], [P], [P], [P] [K] [G] 86 damage
    OS [6] [P] [+] [K] near the wall > punch rebounce > [2] [K], [P], [P] 64 damage
    DS while rising [P] CH stagger > [K] > [P] > [4] [P] [+] [K] > [6] [P], [K], [K] [​IMG] 90 damage [​IMG] this is definetly a lightweight-only float
    OS [6] [P] [+] [K] > low punch rebounce > [3_] [K], [P], [P], [P] [K] [G] 61 dmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-K5x8F2qjg (vs Kage)

DS [3] [P] [+] [K] NH > [P] [+] [K], [P] > [6] [P], [K], [K] 5 hit combo for 68 damage.
    OS [3] [P] CH > low punch rebounce > [6] [6] [K], [P] slam > [4] [6] [P] [+] [K], [P] 70 dmg, not bad!
    The reanimated DS [2] [K] [+] [G] appears to have a longer reach.
    Reanimated OS HCF throw but you might have noticed that already from SEGA's website.