1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Version A is on it's way

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jeneric, Nov 21, 2008.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

What the earth is "Bingo Festa"?

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Second.

Sounds pretty gay.

3. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

It's funny to see that you all want VF5R to get re-balanced, although only a handful of people have actually played R (not just watched videos endlessly with drooling mouths ...).

But I think that AM-2 made it pretty clear in the Osaki interview: no more mild balancing for the Virtua Fighter series. Every char has got tow or three moves now with a potential high-damage/combo outcome. I don't believe it's subject to change in any later revision of R.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Reno just needs to stop being such a big bloody cry-baby! As I mentioned to him earlier, he's going to get ZERO sympathy from 99.99% of VFDC simply due to the fact that he gets to fucking play R and we don't! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And besides, apart from my own (probably) unreasonable desire to see Shun's ground rolling toned down, I've seen nothing that screams out needing balance.

Most people are probably concerned with big damage, but since AM2 officially went on record saying this was by design and not fault, then I'm much more at ease with it. In fact, I can't bloody wait to deal out some monster damage!

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I have acquired latest SBO VF dvd now. Watching it its quite enjoyable, and no hugely out of balance combos visible. Theres a lot of new combos though. Some wallcombos may look long, but the damage doesnt seem out of joint. Although some characters were somewhat under-represented, like Taka.

Im looking forward to R. And I would hope they have fixed some of the hitbox issues if not all of them.

6. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Version A is out today.

Version A Details:
    ※ For a limited time the Bingo Festa event will be held. It will start from 12/17 (Wed). Once the event starts you can view the details of it on VF.net

※ For Knockout Trial R, when you complete the "Dojo of the Strong Fist", you'll earn a reward. (ed. note: No idea if this is just money or an item, but knowing Sega it's probably money. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )

※ Game balance has not been changed. Fucking Sega. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Original Japanese version
    ◆VF5R VERSION A全国稼動開始!(12/16)
    本日12/16(火)より、『Virtua Fighter5 R VERSION A』の全国稼動を開始します!!

▼VERSION Aに関して

* 期間限定イベント「ビンゴフェスタ」が開催されます。
    明日12/17(水)よりビンゴフェスタを開催!
    ビンゴフェスタ期間中、VF.NETの下記ページより詳細を確認できます。
    [VF.NETホーム]→[★ビンゴフェスタ](ビンゴフェスタ期間中のみ表示)
    * ノックアウト・トライアルRの「拳豪道場」で道場主に勝利した際、報酬を獲得できるようになりました。
    * ゲームバランスに変更はありません。

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

WTF, they don't do any balance stuff??
    That's the most important part for vision changing!!!!
    (Perhaps AM2 believe right now is good enough...)

8. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

Well, Reno, I hope you will report to us more on how version A is. Definitely, AM-2 should had at least balance this version.[/size]

9. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

I was watching a video of Jeffery getting a 205 wall combo....

but u have to get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif in as a counter which is slower than ever

ill try to find it