1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Arcade AI is not as strong as VF4, VF4EVO, VF5,etc

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I've breezed through VF5US Arcade Mode on very hard probably dozens of times. I've never lost to Dural. Actually I can't ever remember even losing a round to any of the AI. And that's with the settings at the hardest level. I can't imagine what the Arcade Mode in VF5US plays like on any setting less than the hardest. It has to be a compete joke.

I was playing VF4 Kumite Mode, and VF4EVO Quest Mode today and I ran up against these AI

VF4 Kumite Mode: Difficulty set to Normal

3RD DAN PAI Ring Name: Pickles
    4TH DAN Vanessa Ring Name: FireAnts
    1RST DAN Akira Ring Name: Spiky
    2ND DAN Shundi Ring Name: Foomfoom
    6TH DAN Akira Ring Name: Angry Fist
    5TH DAN Lei Fei Ring Name: Cueball

VF4 EVO Quest Mode: Sega South Arcade Difficulty set to Normal

2ND DAN Akira Ring Name Shuriken
    2ND DAN PAI Ring Name: Raindancer
    2ND DAN PAI Ring Name: Lefti
    2ND DAN Vanessa Ring Name: Xtra Spicy

These AI programs were at least twice as hard (on Normal difficulty Setting) than VF5US on its hardest difficulty setting. Which leads me to wonder: VF5US AI difficulty in Arcade Mode. The difficulty options are:

• Very Easy
    • Easy
    • Normal
    • Hard
    • Very Hard

I literally just blow through VF5US on Very Hard, and demolish Dural every single time. On the other hand VF4 Kumite Mode AI, and VF4 EVO's Quest Mode AI was giving me trouble and the AI was set to Normal Difficulty, and I didn't even face in named ranks in Kumite Mode, or Quest Mode today:confused: Yes, don't forget the AI in VF4, VF4EVO, and VF5 have ranks, win/loss ratios, and experience numbers.

So I played a little of VF5 Quest Mode, and VF5FS Special Sparring Mode in both cases the AI difficulty was set to the Hardest level, and the AI in VF5 Quest Mode (Named Ranks Especially) and the AI in Special Sparring sessions of VF5FS is easily 3 or 4 times more difficult than VF5US Arcade Mode AIo_O

So, not only does VF5US not give us any significant Single Player Content, or any significant offline
    VS mode features, the Arcade Mode that we do get in VF5US has the weakest AI of the entire series:mad:
    The difficulty modes must mean absolutely nothing in VF5US. I'm afraid to see what the AI would even look like in Normal mode, because its so weak in Very Hard mode.

VF5US is clearly meant to be just an online e-sports mode of Virtua Fighter. It really is not even an
    e-sports offline VS mode of Virtua Fighter.

I guess the VF players that only care about the online feature set of VF5US are happy with the game. :holla:

Seiji Aoki said that VF5US would be the "definitive version of Virtua Fighter for the new generation"

Sega put together a new team of developers from AM2, the original creators of the VF series, and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios – combining extensive console expertise with a deep passion for the franchise to kick off development on a definitive Virtua Fighter game for the new generation.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/31/virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown-remaking-a-legend/

But as the definitive version Virtua fighter, VF5US:

• Single Player Content is not even up to VF5FS feature set
    • The Customization does not live up to VF5FS feature set
    • The Arcade AI is the weakest AI in the entire Virtua Fighter series
    • VF5US now features Tekken, SF style Hit Effects

How is Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown the definitive Virtua Fighter , in the series:eek: It literally does not even match up to Virtua Fighter Final Showdown:meh:

I certainly hope there are some very significant plans for VF5US DLC and patches:oops: otherwise VF5US could go down as the worst game in the series:cry:

2. Futaba

Futaba Member

PSN:
    OGC
    I just like how they emphasized the arcade mode in the VF5US descriptions

When it has been pure garbage

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

You were able to beat Dural everytime in very hard? The AI is that bad? Wow!:holla:

masterpo likes this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :LOL:

Yes it is that bad....:whistle: