1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Version 1.03 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2021.

By Myke on Jun 10, 2021 at 6:11 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    On 10 June 2021, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (Virtua Fighter esports) has been updated to Version 1.03 which sees the addition of a new Room ID search function. This should go a long way toward finding specific rooms in the ever-crowded lobby! Read on for more details on this new feature.

joanot, SUGATA, VFnumbers and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      That was quick!
      smbhax likes this.
    2. kungfusmurf
    3. Futaba
      Futaba
      That's it??
      Gibon and -nero- like this.
    4. smbhax
      smbhax
      That was fast! I guess they really wanted to have that working. I noticed they were using rooms in their recent "VF official channel" stream of Itabashi Zangief's online kumite session, for instance

so I wonder if the issues fixed here had been causing trouble for them wanting to do more of that kind of thing.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    5. KrsJin
      KrsJin
      More difficult than what one week would allow?
      Myke, MadeManG74, smbhax and 2 others like this.
    6. Tricky
      Tricky
      yeah . . . cmon folks
      smbhax and Virtua Kazama like this.
    7. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      One small step for mankind. A thousand miles to go.
      smbhax, Virtua Kazama and Rodnutz like this.
    8. Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      At least they were quick on the draw. And they're still working on other things as well.
      JCnextinc, MadeManG74 and smbhax like this.
    9. Gibon
      Gibon
      That's it!? Seriously!?
    10. TheTHCGamer
      TheTHCGamer
      Well that was quick I'm glad the tiny team still working on the game are just plugging away. Woo.
      Tha_FeauchA and MadeManG74 like this.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      For people saying 'That's it?', this was obviously a high priority and something they could do relatively quick, so they released it immediately rather than wait to bundle it with longer term stuff.

I have faith they're working on more fixes that will come. If not, then FUCK.
    12. Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      They're working on invites next iirc.
    13. DepressedHippie
      DepressedHippie
      Yeah, cmon folks! Take a good long hard look at your calendars. Have you all forgotten it's 2021! We accept broken, half baked, non tested games all the time now! Where have you all been for the last decade?
      Gibon likes this.
    14. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      If it's not worth it, don't buy it. To me, getting it for free with PS Plus makes it worth my purchase, especially since I'll mostly be playing it at offline tournaments/casuals I host. The online is also really good for local play, and let's be realistic, even with rollback I'm not going to play Australia to USA/EU anyway.

The fact that they're actively improving the game is a good sign for me, and only makes my experience better.

Seriously, I don't blame you if you don't want to buy it, it won't appeal to everyone, but stating the game is 'broken' is quite an overstatement. Half Baked? Yeah okay, I'll agree to some extent.
      Tricky, KrsJin and akai like this.
    15. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I'll add it's"half baked" only for modes.
      The base game is complete and perfectly working, unlike other modern fighting games we have the full roster on D1, all stages included, no need to balance patches etc.

Once the base is pretty solid like this, it's easy to add some new modes like single player content (quest mode) and improve online.
      Sega just need our good feedback.
      JCnextinc and MadeManG74 like this.
    16. smbhax
      smbhax
      Those things are definitely not easy, or cheap. They also aren't within their goal for this game, which was to run Japanese tournaments.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    17. DepressedHippie
      DepressedHippie
      I didn't mean to imply this particular game is broken (although I would argue the lobby system is inept enough to constitute as such). I meant a vast majority of games are now commonly released in unfinished/untested states, which is frankly just ridiculous.

I've stated elsewhere already so I won't beat a dead horse, but this games existence confounds me. They made an online only game where one of the primary modes (lobbies) are rendered practically useless unless you are on a message form or on discord. It just blows my (admittedly tiny) mind. I mean why isn't there a text box to chat, why can't i invite friends why are there a hundred locked and full lobbies cluttering my screen. I mean Jesus dosn't any one test this stuff out AND WHY CAN"T I SAVE REPLAYS.....DAMN IT! Now look! I got my fist stuck in this dead horses anus, thanks alot Sega.
    18. akai
      akai
      From interviews, I think the VF team was given permission to remake Virtua Fighter as part of the celebration of 60 years of Sega. They were required to get the game released before the anniversary ended on June 2nd, 2021. The game was released on June 1st, 2021 to meet that requirement. Pandemic also led to difficulties in getting the game "completed" by the deadline.
      Tricky likes this.
    19. Gibon
      Gibon
      Not our problem, man. Stop babysitting SEGA, please. It's counterproductive.
      SSfox likes this.