VF5US is getting an update on September 30, 2021. Version 1.20 update includes the weekly Tournament mode that was originally intended to be part of the large summer update. Full patch notes from Sega's website are posted below (with some edits for clarity) for your convenience.
Version 1.20 Update Notes
Tournament Event (Beta) mode
- An open tournament will be held every weekend. Currently there are three events: Saturday, 9PM JST; Sunday, 6AM JST, and Sunday 3 AM JST. The in-game Tournament Entry screen will display the times based on your local time zone. The image below displays the times in CST.
- Matchmaking will differ depending on the tournament type
- Exclusive titles and rank experience points can be obtained depending on the player’s rank
- Rank experience points will be reflected after the tournament and in a match where rank experience points can be obtained
- Titles obtained are effective for one (1) week
- A loss in a Tournament Event match will not result in changes to rank experience points
- Trophies pertaining to Team Match and Tournament Event have been added
- Team Match must be played to unlock Team Match trophies if the conditions for these have already been fulfilled before the update.
Producer Letter Vol. 7 - from Seiji Aoki's Twitter Account:
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Genesis stage would occasionally cause the application to crash
- Fixed other minor issues
Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!Dismiss Notice