1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Version 1.41 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 16, 2022.

By akai on Jun 16, 2022 at 8:48 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    page-title.png
    Update 1.41 is out for VF5US and it is mandatory for online gameplay. This appears to be a small update in which the weekly tournament mode is officially out of its "β-status". Some additional adjustments to displays were made also. Official patch notes from virtuafighter.jp.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 16, 2022.

1. masterpo
      masterpo
      Wow, good news, I thought that entire tournament functionality was folded into room options. Every time I click tournament mode, it seems like the only players that were able to enter the tournaments had to have Dan rank or lower. Has this changed?

So no more beta on main screen(y)
    2. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Did they actually change or improve anything?

The last few tournaments I've entered have all glitched out or had major matchmaking problems.
    3. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I wonder what they changed for "display"
    4. akai
      akai
      It seems everyone is wondering about this also! Usually the big planned updates are listed as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. The small and emergency updates are listed as 1.01, 1.02, 1.03. So my first impression is no major changes made to the weekly tournament mode. Those that participate in it this weekend, please share your experience.

I think that just means "Beta" is not displayed anymore on the main screen.
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    5. akai
      akai
      It was only available during the weekend and has always been 1st Dan rank or higher that can enter.
    6. VFnumbers
      VFnumbers
      Definitely curious if anything changed. I will test out the silver cup at 8 AM ET.

From past experiences during beta phase, drops from the weekly tournament happened more often if you entered or reentered within the last 3 to 5 minutes during the accepting entries period (20 minutes before the actual start time).
      akai likes this.
    7. VFnumbers
      VFnumbers
      I got booted out of the tournament room this morning. I left and rejoin the room at the 10 minute mark. With about 8 people mostly in NA and EU, the room reshuffled all of us again. Some were able to play, others weren't.
      ToyDingo, beanboy, MadeManG74 and 2 others like this.
    8. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Official Tournament is BROKEN now - many players were kicked from the tournament and matchmaking is failed.
      Beta was better then non-Beta Tournament.
      Awesome patch!
      beanboy and MadeManG74 like this.
    9. akai
      akai
      Anyone noticed game input response issues since the patch came out for offline play?

I have not played the game since patch, but at the local monthly there was apparently some offline game issues.
    10. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I'll use this topic for a question that always slip out of my mind:

In music selection option, why there isn't the Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned OST?
      Is it a glitch or they didn't included for some reason?
      beanboy likes this.
    11. akai
      akai
      I think Final Tuned only have 2 unique music (Intro and Character select screen) at least based on the Evo+FT Official Sound track list. I assumed the stage music for Final Tuned use Evo music.
    12. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Thanks.
      I checked an arcade playthrough and you're right, it just use the Evolution tracks during stages.
      I always thought it had its own OST judging from the intro trailers back in the days...
      akai and beanboy like this.