1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Why No New Modes Yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Aug 31, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    VF5FS was ported to PS4 long before the June 1 2021 release of VF5US. VF5FS had to be converted to the Dragon Engine when it was originally included in Judgment and Yakuza games. Yakuza 6 songs of life was released in 2016, and a VF5FS port was in that game. This means that the hardest part of porting VF5FS to the PS4 had already been done in 2016. 5 Years later we VF5US.

https://www.cbr.com/judgment-sega-arcade-games/
    https://samurai-gamers.com/lost-judgment/esports-club-guide/

Why hasn't Sega/RGG released Sparring Mode, License Mode, or High Score Mode for VF5US:confused: These modes had to be ported years ago:holla: I don't want to hear all that budget crap and Sega didn't have the money.

Today:

Sloclap released another new free mode for SIFU which was originally released in Feb 2022

https://gamingbolt.com/sifu-summer-update-is-now-live-patch-notes-released

SLOCLAP is a small INDIE gaming company. They have a smaller DEV team than SEGA/RGG. They have smaller Budget than SEGA/RGG. And yet in less than a year SLOCLAP has released 2 new free modes and content for their Kungfu Extravaganza SIFU. :eek:

How is it that a smaller, Indie game developer with a smaller budget can release new free modes for their fighting game in less than a year, and SEGA/RGG which has had a basic PS4 port of Virtua Fighter Final Showdown Since 2016, and a release of VF5US since 2021 and hasn't delivered or released any single player modes from VF5FS:cautious: I'm not saying SEGA had to release the modes for free. But why haven't we seen these modes released(as DLC, New Seasons, or as Free Patches):rolleyes: For all intentional purposes, the content from VF5FS has been ported to PS4 for at least 5 years:mad:

I get it that Sega/RGG wanted to use the 60th anniversary to celebrate Virtua Fighter and reboot their e-sports efforts, but c'mon SLOCLAP is a small and new INDIE company and even they know what really builds FAN loyalty, and a significant player community. SLOCLAP has a growing, excited and loyal new fanbase, because they are releasing features the fans want. At the moment SLOCLAP is focusing on actually building their SIFU community. SEGA/RGG please take notes:holla:

Sega/RGG has sat on the customizations from VF5FS , they've sat on Sparring Mode, License Mode, & Scoring Mode from VF5FS which for the most part were ported all the way back in 2016:whistle: Releasing those modes would breath new life into VF5US and it would bring more hype for the next installment of Virtua Fighter (if there is one):meh:

Its also Bull$#it to claim that SEGA/RGG has to save all of the effort and budget for the next potential Virtua Fighter! All of the real porting work was already done when they brought VF5FS to the Yakuza games and the Judgment games.(n)

SLOCLAP is also working on their next new game, but they are finding time to release new free modes and have a complete roadmap of free content planned for SIFU.

WTF Sega/RGG Where are the Single Player Modes from VF5FS and Where are the rest of the Customizations for VF5FSo_O If the little INDIE companies can do it why can't you:oops::ninja:

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/sifu-free-updates-roadmap-announced

2. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Bruh, and here is me thinking VF5FS was a rough deal

masterpo likes this.
  3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Because this was a low-budget, quickly made game which has made it's money back and everyone at Sega has moved onto other things.
    I don't know why you'd expect anything further. I'm surprised they even made DLC costumes.

4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
  5. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

To be honest, you should have seen dlc costumes coming microtransaction cheese has been the most successful "innovation" of the last decade.

beanboy, VanguardBronze and masterpo like this.
  6. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    But here's the real deal.

The basic code base for Virtua Fighter has gone unchanged since VF 4.0. Ports of that code base from PS2 to PS3, and one version of the Xbox to the next have been required. But essentially the core code is unchanged after 20 years. Yes minor improvements in graphics and better graphics rendering here and there. But its not the case that for each version of VF Sega started from scratch.

Also with every version since VF4 EVO, Sega/AM2 removed features that were in the previous version. Yes new characters were added, but features were removed. So from a cost point of view, Sega has been using the same basic code base/engine for over 2 decades, with minor upgrades in graphics, while removing features. So the game cost less and less to make, while Sega charged more money for it. At some point Sega even dropped the costs of packaging and producing physical disks and documentation. So basically any sales of VF are all profit.:ROTFL:

That DLC costume thing and micro-transaction thing is grinding to an end. Gamers are starting to revolt against microtransactions and the endless season hustle

https://www.nag.co.za/2017/11/13/ga...ainst-electronic-arts-over-microtransactions/

https://screenrant.com/lootbox-gambling-microtransactions-illegal-japan-china-belgium-netherlands/

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/th...rotransactions-from-horse-armor-to-loot-boxes

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/payday-2-players-in-revolt-over-micro-transactions

https://www.windowscentral.com/squa...nsole-gamers-dont-microtransactions-aaa-games

Once upon a time if you wanted to make a game you better know how to program in Assembly language, C, and know a lot of low level Open GL programming, and expect to do serious graphics, animation, and intense modelling and programming. But today with the game programming engines that are out there, eg. Real Engine 4, Real Engine 5, Unity, Game Maker, etc making a game has never been easier.

All the costs come in with licensing, commissions, internationalization, service fees, hosting fees, network fees, etc. The game making process itself is far easier today than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Clearly gamers will spend the money on a game they truly enjoy and they will spend money on a game that has content they are willing to pay for. But all of this, squeezing maximum money out of us with very little or no game content in return., that SH#T is coming to an end.:mad:

Sega wants to make maximum profit off Virtua Fighter while investing very little back into the game in terms of content and in 2022 and beyond that just aint gonna work:holla:

For the next Virtua Fighter to be truly successful and generate a growing community and customer base it Must have.

• Solid Game Mechanics, Roster, and Balance
    • Significant and Quality Single Player Modes
    • Significant and Quality Versus (Offline) Modes
    • Solid Online features with the Lag problem solved

If it has these things then some microtransactions and dlc will be tolerated. If it doesn't have these things it will ultimately fail:whistle:

If Sega doesn't want to do right by the Virtua Fighter franchise, perhaps they should sell it to developers who will treat Virtua Fighter with the respect and consideration that it deserves:cool:

7. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    As far as I know, the only mode that SEGA would add to VF5US was the tournament mode. Seriously, where do you get all that of information? They never promised any new modes apart from the Tournament Mode.

Again, I do not understand the need to compare it to Sifu. They are different products, from different developers and they are not related or something. So, everything Slocap is doing for their game, has nothing to do with VF5US.

I respect the fact that you don't like the game, but how many threads "I hate SEGA/RGG/VF5US" do we need in here? Have you count them? You've made you point the first time, so repainting the same things over and over again, won't lead us anywhere.

I'm sorry that SEGA and RGGS can't read your mind and they haven't change VF into something entirely different product (a beat 'em up like Sifu or a sports game like UFC), but it gets very awkward to read all that comments.

8. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :):LOL::ROTFL:

Perhaps when you see a masterpo post you should bypass it, not read it, and ignore it. You'll probably be better off;)

9. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Then, perhaps master po should bypass VF and play other games ;)

masterpo likes this.
  10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    ;):LOL::ROTFL:

I do play other games VF4, VF4EVO, VF5, VF5FS:holla:

@Shinobi quick question:

Do you get your TrollPowah from pills, or did you inherit it from your mama;)

11. Hobo-Jho

Hobo-Jho Member

Fix the online lag...the netcode overall, give all the characters some of their old attacks and offensive and defensive moves, VF5 VF5R and VF5FS UI, Customizations, 1 or 2 new characters, and all the other modes and then I'll consider it the "ultimate showdown".

masterpo and Sonic The Fighters like this.