1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF6 Kung Fu Killer arc?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hobo-Jho, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Hobo-Jho

Hobo-Jho Member

If Sega plays their cards right, VF6 could be the biggest story so far. Lei Fei originates from a clan that assasinates practitioners should their Kung Fu pose to them as a threat. We'll call them Kung Fu killers for the time being. Now, what if Lau isn't the only martial arts master that the Kung Fu Killers are targeting? Lei Fei appears to be Shaolin monk that also studies Shaolin Kung Fu. Shaolin Kung Fu is known to have 5 animal fighting styles: The Crane, Snake, Leopard, Tiger, and Dragon. Because we've already seen 2/5 of these fighting styles, i believe that the Kung Fu killers will deploy 3 more Shaolin fighters to assassinate their worthy adversaries. Who are the 2 fighters that we've witnessed in action already? Well, that's easy, it's Lei Fei and Lau Chan!

Based on Lei Fei's poses, acrobatics and overall fighting style, i think it's safe to say he uses the Shaolin Crane style. If this doesn't raise your suspicion, then his name, which translates to "Flying thunder" should.

But what are Lei Fei's true motives? This has to be questioned due to the fact that the clan sent him out to kill Lau for using a banned art. But before Lei Fei attempts to kill Lau, he trains under him to gain knowledge of Koen Ken. It appears Lei Fei has his own personal goal and it is my sincere belief that he's attempting to combine Koen Ken with his Shaolin crane style to take over the Kung Fu killer clan.

Lau's involvement on the other hand is quite simple...he practices the Shaolin Tiger style, aka Koen Ken, The "tiger swallow fist", an ancient art that was banned long ago. But the teachings and philosophies of the art are written in scrolls that appear to be poetry, ironically a hobby of Lau's.

With those two out of the way, i believe the Kung Fu Killers will be deploying the next 3 assassins and they will be possibly targeting these characters:

Leopard
    It's hard for me to wrap my head around this one...but i could see the Leopard assassin being deployed as a scout in the next tournament to take out any other fighters using banned arts. Lion or Eileen due to the fact that they're practitioners of Kung Fu, and leopards are known for eating bugs (Lion uses praying mantis style) and monkeys (Eileen uses monkey style) Sega will probably add their own twist to it. But who knows...the Leopard could also target Jacky Bryant. Why? because not only does his Jeet Kune Do has wing chun elements within the art, the clan possibly notices even though he doesn't win any tournaments, he's more than capable enough to rescue his sister from the J6 organization. And with that he's seen as a potential threat.

Snake
    I don't know why but I'm almost absolutely certain that this assassin will be a female. Other than that, what is one of the 1st things that come to everyone's mind when they think of a snake? It's venomous bite of course! i believe this person's fighting style will have poisonous based strikes that'll slowly drain enemies of their health. Getting back on track, there's only one person in the cast that's fated to cross paths with this type of assassin and that person is none other than Shun Di! Shun Di is not only known for his use of drunken boxing , but he's also known as the sage of the franchise. A battle between the philosohies of poisons and remedies is gonna be one for the ages. If Sega doesn't have this one planned, they better take notes!!

Dragon
    Shaolin dragon style is said to be one of the most powerful and complex styles of martial arts. And with that being said, this character would probably be the type that takes orders from no one and acts on his own accord. Who else is the dragon to target othe Akira Yuki? Lau has his hands full with his illness and finding a successor and Kage is too busy in search of his mom. I believe the dragon assassin has knowledge in who Akira is and sets out to find out more about him. How i see it happening, the assailant appears at the Yuki dojo only to find his grandfather and students. In return, he begins to kill the students and beats Akira's grandfather nearly to death and tells him to deliver a message, that he'll be waiting for him in the next tournament then completely destroy the dojo. A story like this could open up some character development for the main protagonist fingers crossed y'all.

So, what do you guys think?

masterpo likes this.
  2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Hmmm.... I do think Snake will be one of the assassin/styles. Look at this way. Sega is also producing Judgment, and the J6 Corporation (Judgement 6) could be related.

In Judgment Takayuki Yagami Uses

Crane Kunfgu (hmmm.....)
    Tiger Kungfu (maybe from Swallow Fist)
    Snake!!!!! Kungfu

So if anyone can take on Lei Fei Takayuki Yagami can match many of LeiFei's styles and bring Snake which I don't believe Lei Fei has.

I think the heat is coming from Judgment;)

The Kungfu Killaz,., Yea I can see that. Goh and Brad are the first assassins, but they can't bring the Kung Fu. If the Emperor knows that Lei Fei has betrayed him, he will send Kung Fu assassins:ninja:

Hobo-Jho likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

All of a sudden, I remember Christie from DOA.:p