1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF6 Marketing and Social Media presence

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

I think SEGA needs to invest their resources in presentation and marketing online via social media.

It's unacceptable that VF doesn't have official ways to communicate to their fanbase. They truly need official YouTube, IG and Twitter accounts as Tekken and SF. I'm not talking about SEGA accounts but VF specific accounts.

VF seems to intimidate new players and others don't find it aesthetically "appealing". This could be fixed by their YouTube channel where they can upload teasers of new characters to generate the hype and attention of the media. This could be divided in 3 types of videos:

- Cinematic teaser videos. These could be have some artistic and story driven opportunities for us the hardcores to know a little more about our beloved characters and an introduction for the casuals that complain about storyline and "personality" in VF. An example of this are the League of Legends story trailers:

- Character spotlight gameplay videos. These could show in an informative way the characteristics of each character's gameplay and costumes. This is a great opportunity to showcase the depth of VF gameplay in an accessible and amicable way. A friendly and engaging voice explaining these videos would be very helpful:

- Developer messages. I think Sakurai explaining the intricacies of their newest Smash game is the perfect example of engaging the audience in a very informative way. The YouTube views explain it. 6 million! Of course VF wouldn't be as big in numbers but it gives the casual audience somewhere to hang on when looking for VF info:

MadeManG74 likes this.
  2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Nice post, I agree they determine could step up the game when it comes to online content. It is worth nothin though, that they did have character introduction videos at the console launch:

Would love to see this return and be expanded on!

beanboy likes this.
  3. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Yes that could be greatly improved. They should make individual videos for each characters and put the names on the title. Also the long intro is unnecessary. Easy accessibility, fast and direct communication is key.

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's a really good idea.
    And they could show off, or highlight, a characters flashier moves,
    since alot of casuals and gamers, who like other fighting games,
    love that kinda stuff.

And what they could do too, is if they make, another good Daytona game,
    put Jacky's face on the cover, and on the Daytona game posters too.
    So when VF6 comes out, they'll be like,......
    "Dude! That's the Daytona racer guy! What's he doing in Virtua Fighter? :eek:
    And they might, "automatically want to play him, and other characters, in VF6.:)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Tekken didn't had it until in 2017 when me and many other tekken fans complained our asses about it. Now it's on a much better state fortunately, hope VF will follow because it's another incredible franchise and one of the very few good 3d fighter, if they enjoy so much milking Yakuza and Sonic cool but show some love for VF c'mon Sega.

6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I guess we'll have to wait and see, how sega will market VF6, whenever that game comes out. And how they'll socially market, and interact with their main fanbase and newcomers.

My idea: They should probably make, a social platform, (hopefully not crappy like Twitter, or facebook), but kinda similar in style, where only VF players/fans and sega dev staff, can interact and talk about upcoming tournaments, new characters updates/dlc and other stuff.
    This idea would fit perfectly, moreso with Virtua Fighter, than other 3d fighting games. Probably because VF, was never really an ordinary, overhyped, gimmicky, basic barebones 3d fighting game, like alot of the other 3d fighting games out there. And in the case of VF, there is always something intelligent to talk about. Whether it may be, a non gimmicky combat strategy, mechanic etc.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019