1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF6 New Stage Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Feb 8, 2020.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    VF has always had awesome stages. Part of the fun of VF is the beautiful awesome stages. But they could definitely update some of these. I like Deep Mountain, Abandoned Dojo, Shrine, Sumo Ring, Great Wall, Sanctuary Snow Mountain, but could they add stages like:

• Taj Mahal
    • Saitama Super Arena
    • Petra
    • Stonehenge
    • Mount Kenya
    • Kamachatka's Ice Cave (In Russia)
    • Banks of Nile River
    • Kedung Miri Sriharjo (Rope Bridge in India)
    • Greg Jackson's Gym
    • The Grand Canyon
    • Eiffel Tower
    • Sydney Opera House
    • Easter Island
    • Mogao Caves (Caves of a Thousand Buddhas)
    • Kodokan Judo Institute (Dojo)

I like the very sizes, walls, no walls, transient walls, but what about multiple level stages (not breaking levels e.g. how its done in DOA) but having rounds occur on different levels during a match. Or Time of Day changes between rounds, or weather changes between rounds (maybe fog:ROTFL:), or lighting changes between rounds (VF 4EVO had this).

In addition to the amazing character models, animations and fighting styles. The stages help keep the game fresh and distinguishes it from all of the other pretenders:)

Although each character has a stage kind-a, what about really tying the stage to the fighters back story. And allowing us to customize our the dojo area where we do character customization.

Should the new stages for VF6 be from realistic places or should the stages be more fictional, suggestive of real places, or should there be a mix?

What should change about the stages? or Are they perfect already:LOL:

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I'd rather stages remain characters based. It's just old schoolish and adds depth to the character and their backgrounds.

Also, it also insures that we get a good number of arenas. Fighting games these days keep getting fewer and fewer arenas in their games.

Bring in next gen Shun Di's River.

3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    good point, there is something about the old school look. But maybe there's a way to do both.

Also they should definitely bring back Training stage 1, Training stage 2, and the Hanger from VF4 Evo.

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I always liked character based stages. They really add alot of character, to fighting game characters. A collection of character based stages, and non character based stages, would be nice for a new VF.

@Ali Shun Di's river stage, using new generation graphics?!:holla:
    Sega make it happen! I can't wait to see how the water looks.:D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  5. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

I would look back to all the previous VF games for the stages, remix them or make them new/next gen, and add 2-3 new ones.

Ares-olimpico and masterpo like this.
  6. MrLeonVWF

MrLeonVWF New Member

as a nod back at shenmue, would be great to see a stage in Hazuki dojo?

7. beanboy

They need to bring back that snow mountain stage from vf2, where you're high up in the mountains. Or maybe a stage similar to it. Snow stages in fighting games, are always cool to watch.

Ares-olimpico, masterpo, Ali and 3 others like this.
  8. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

VF ha shad tons of them

Wolf's base VF5 with it's ost was just a looker. Expansions are good too.
    Leon's VF4 was good too.

I wish they will bring back time cycle to Akira's arena.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  9. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I'm guessing the Abandoned Dojo stage in VF5FS is on fire, because there was a lot of thunder and lighting on the Abandoned Dojo stage in VF5. It probably got struck by lighting:ROTFL:

I wondered why it was on fire in VF5FS. But playing VF5 today I see all of the lighting and go oh..... that's what happened....:LOL:

They could bring back variations on the Abandoned Dojo, bad weather, lighting, fire., that would be dope.

beanboy likes this.
  10. beanboy

@masterpo and everyone.

How about a Dural boss stage, set in a hidden J6 laboratory base.
    Where you fight in a giant futuristic looking room, filled with and surrounded by Dural's/Dural clones, who are asleep in hibernation capsules/stasis chambers. Holy crap that sounds creepy.:eek:

That would be good for the final stage.:holla:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  11. legumelad

legumelad Member

I want waffle house stag

12. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Oh hell yea,

Dural boss stage set in a hidden J6 laboratory base. That is FN kewl dude. I mean really. Futuristic not only being able to change from walls to no walls, but also large to small.

Good idea Dural boss stage set in a hidden J6 laboratory base wow.(y)

beanboy likes this.
  13. beanboy

We need some more beach stages, and tropical sunset beach stages.

Maybe we can have a stage, with lots of palm trees. And yeah, throw in Jeffrey's boat Devil Fish, in the background of it, might be a cool idea too.

Or a stage with lots of palm trees, and a big waterfall with water falling into the sea. That would look epic.

14. beanboy

Maybe a mountain top snow stage, where the area is surrounded by rocky icy mountains. And if you do a move, where the character you play shouts loudly, eg. Akira's Haisetsuko combo, it causes some small avalanches in the background. Or if you slam or knock your opponent, into an iron fence or wall, the loud noise from the impact, will cause medium sized avalanches, around the area. Or a combination of both shouts and loud wall slams, will cause super large avalanches. That would be sick.:D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Ares-olimpico likes this.
  15. beanboy

An abandoned J6 base in the Amazon jungle.:ninja:

Or a stage in a south asian jungle, with lots of old crumbling big buddha statues, close to a sunny beach, with lots of nice palm trees and tropical blue water. And give it the option of having an evening sunset version too.:holla:

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  16. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

This screams Sagat:ROTFL:

beanboy likes this.
  17. beanboy

:holla:

True dat!:ROTFL:

18. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Jacky Stage better be on a race track with Fomula ones parked up and bystanders equipped with fellow racers, Pit stop crews and a TV crew. Crowd cheers and a Big screen in the back showcasing the fight.

Wolf... It’s time. Steel Cage Wrestling ring in a wrestling Arena with the retractables.

GOH..... Yakuza Gang warehouse hideout. Gritty grimey atmosphere.

Sarah Goes back to the City. Manhattan to be exact. By the red light up stairs with mid level guard rails.

Jeffry goes back to the Beach... This time open stage but his Boat makes it a semi closed stage single wall. Like Lau.

Pai: Tao (DOA3 Only non hazard stages that’s basically Meshed)

I’ll figure out some more.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  19. def

def Well-Known Member

I would love to see a variety of stage designs.
    -One shape arenas that are flat and have different wall types.
    -stages with slopes.
    -This might not be popular with you guys if I'm guessing right, but like Dead or Alive, have SOME stages be able to knock an opponent down a realistic height (Not like in DOA where they fall dozens of feet and be able to stand up) and the player jumps down (BUT rolls as a land which I'm guessing is realistic(?) so they don't hurt their feet/ankles/legs when landing on feet) (It's just to keep up with realism idea) But have ring outs if it's obviously too high to jump down after them or enable FORCE RING OUT so you don't have to fight in a DOA like style)

Some new stage moves I thought of:
    -I mentioned a while ago if any of you remember my post about standing wall Ukemis, you the know the roll when falling to the ground but for when pinned against a wall and spin to move out of the way)
    -Depending on how you are about to knocked over the edge or a low wall to be able to grab the edge or wall and be able to get back in.

Some stage ideas I can think of?
    -Aquarium (have the design inspired by Bloody Roar Primal Fury's and 4's Aquarium stages)
    -Hidden Dojo (A secret dojo in a cavern behind a large waterfall, you see torches and hear the water flowing around the flat stage, have the option to knock down to fight in the water)
    -Waterfall (taking place outside of the hidden dojo and fighting on a waterfall's edge similar to a stage in Dead Or Alive 2)
    -Manor (Bryant Manor (Sarah's/Jacky's family home, part of it is on a large balcony fighting at night time and breaking a large piece of glass wall will bring you into a part of the manor and see the luxurious walls and paintings/family portraits ahead of a railing.)
    -Tram, Dural's stage on a moving tram similar to her VF4 stage but the secret lab is underground, water is pouring at the bottom as the lab is being exploded. The tram has railings, an emergency alarm/siren is going off.

Also have more dramatic camera angles. Like after character intros, the camera pans the way like in previous games. Also slow camera down (Slo Mo) as the final hit is used or do that in replay of fight.

Thoughts?

beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  20. beanboy

@def Wow! Those ideas are not bad at all.:holla: