1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF6

Discussion in 'General' started by Fishie, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

The producer of the last few VF games Makoto Osaki is retiring 7 years from now.

I made him promise me that he will deliver another VF before he does.

Sadly I do not believe he will keep his promise.

beanboy likes this.
  2. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

I remember you leaked a hint to Final Showdown before anyone else. That all but confirms VF6 is not already in the works. Bummer.

Fishie likes this.
  3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

It was tho, long ago

beanboy and ICHIBANin10000 like this.
  4. ICHIBANin10000

That's how Japanese development goes . They build an alpha version , and if they like it they strip it down and start over from scratch. It's why The Last Guardian took so long to come out.

Sega doesnt play to their strengths and they are time deaf to what fans want. If they do something right, it's like it was by accident because they don't repeat it.

Just make VF 6 and make Sonic the Hedgehog, Run Hazuki , and Kazuma Kiriyu playable characters. Yes I said Sonic. I don't care if it doesn't make sense, it's a game with a butt-naked Metal lady as the main boss, get over it.

Supers are popular at tournament at Evo?
    Sega" yeah we aren't putting supers in VF. We don't want to make money, why would we want our game free advertised at Evo? "

Never mind the no story mode and zero subtitles for Japanese speaking characters. Being pretentious doesn't make a good foundation for a business model.

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Well, with those ideas, sega should forget Virtua Fighter 6 and make Fighters Megamix 2.

They could put X-men vs. Street Fighter style juggles, burrito farting bears, the sega snow men, base ball bat and cricket bat dudes, Tails and Knuckles, Billy Hatcher, Vector man, power ups, juggles that last over 20 seconds, raging demons and non stop hit sparks. That would fit evo perfectly, and make them a ton of money.:p

Joke: Or (hopefully this never happens) since we live in modern times, and need a broader fanbase, let's forget the VF fanbase and those poor guys at VFDC, and instead, listen to tekken fans, and tekken evo pro's, and nerf and simplify VF6, and make it super basic, cartoony and random like tekken, and many of the other fighting games, that have been around for over the past 15 years. And we should throw in Billy Hatcher and his giant egg too.:p:confused:

Oh wait,.....Billy Hatcher doesn't deserve that.:ROTFL:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Fishie likes this.
  6. beanboy

Awww man. Let's hope he keeps that promise.:oops:
    And wow! Time flies so quickly.:oops:

Fishie likes this.
  7. ICHIBANin10000

Yeah but you are missing the point, Tekken 7 is practically Fighters Megamix 2 (Geese Howard , Akuma, Neegan) and they sold over 2 million units. SEGA should take the memo, take the stick out of their butts and make a VF6 with supers crazy characters , guest character dlc and actually make some sales. Whoever is standing in the way of VF catching up with the times should be fired. Stop saying VF 5FS is hyper realistic, bullshit. You can combo a H.A.W.K. into a H.A.W.K. it's the most unrealistic fightimg game out there. How about some real fan service before Sega goes bankrupt.

8. beanboy

All fighting games are unrealistic in alot of ways. But the most unrealistic 3d fighting game, was always Tekken, followed by a few other 3d fighting games.

And besides, every fighting game nowadays, and for the past 18 years, is a silly guest character filled Fighters Megamix ripoff, that needs some silly gimmick or guest character, to sell copies, to keep gamers, noobs and people who buy games for hype interests awake, and keep the game relevant for a long time, and alot of gamers and non tekken fans, are getting literally fed up of it.

2 million units? 2 million units is small change.
    In this modern day and age, it should be over 5 times that.

Tekken used to sell 5 million plus units in a shorter period of time, and those old tekken games didn't really need silly guest characters, to make big numbers. So the big question is, what happened there with Tekken 7 sales? Or is it that people who usually buy tekken, got smarter over time, and realised that Tekken as a fighting game overall, is sort of gimmicky, and moved on to other things and other fighting games? All of this makes me wonder, what is the future for Tekken 8?

PS: @Fishie
    Sorry if it sounds like I am derailing this topic.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  9. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yea, Tekken and VF are apples and oranges.

Where as Tekken is simply a 2.5D derivative of Street Fighter and its knocks offs, Virtua Fighter is a virtual martial art in its own right. Its a bonafide martial arts simulator of sorts. where as Tekken is nothing more than a common Arcade brawler. VF is in a category by itself, and is closer in theory to the UFC combat simulator games than it is to Tekken, or DOA.

We should celebrate VF5 FS as it is and play it as long as it can be played on whatever it can be played on. And if VF5 FS is truly the last version that will ever be produced, we should push for a port of it for current gen, and next gen systems and leave it at that.:cool:

Virtua Fighter is a masterpiece. Its unique. And it looks f#cking amazing on a 4K monitor. Its a standard in the area of 'Virtual Martial Arts' and it sets the bar for any future 'Virtual Martial Arts Simulators'.
    There is an arcade only version of VF5 FS in Yakuza 6 and Judgement for current gen consoles. So we're good it nothing new is coming. At the very least I'd like to see a full port of VF5 FS 'as is' to current gen consoles and future consoles:sneaky:

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Before Sega goes bankrupt they really should listen and incorporate my stupid ideas.

A line we have been hearing for over 2 decades now.

Sega is still around and doing fine.

DomAug and beanboy like this.
  11. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Tekken 7 sold 6 millions

About VF6 Idk what to think. But best scenario is it's on work and planned to be reveal this year, until covid fuck up all their plans and made them delay it internally.

12. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    No offense mate., doesn't matter if Tekken sold a hundred million copies:meh:

If its just about sales, then "we should all be eating shit because a billion flies can't be wrong"

The only thing that could make Virtua Fighter achieve Tekken numbers is to change Virtua Fighter into something other than "Virtua Fighter" . The majority of arcade fighting fans will never like VF as it is now and has been in the past. Its just to grounded in reality and martial arts simulation. Most arcade fighting fans want the fantastical, the magical, Devil Wings, Fireballs, Rays shooting out of eyes, Mysterious Animal Helpers, The ability to juggle another fighter in the air 20 feet at a time for 2, 4, 10 seconds. Virtua Fighter just simply doesn't offer that, it never has. If it ever does then it won't be Virtua Fighter anymore.

Those who want to be with the majority of arcade fighting fans and want to have the consolation of millions of others playing the same fighting game , should just play Tekken, SF, or Mortal Kombat and be done with it. Why try to badger AM2 into transforming VF into a Tekken or Street Fighter knock off?

Virtua Fighter as a video game is in the same state that Chess or Checkers are in as a board game. It doesn't need to be changed. Its in its final state. Its a master piece. They stopped adding new moves and changing the board for Chess over a century ago. Today all we get are just new productions of the same same board designs, and moves. Virtua Fighter is in its standard form. Really no need to change it, just play it. It should be made available on any console, the P.C. and on any upcoming console, but its fine the way it is.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Fishie likes this.
  13. ICHIBANin10000

10th

Screenshot_2020-08-31-08-07-44.png

14. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
  15. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's old news, now it's on 6.

https://mobile.twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/1289563501334106113

What are you talking about huh? i'm just correcting a wrong information, that's all, it wasn't as an attack to anyone lmao. Of course it's always a nice thing when a game you love do great so the devs get rewarded on the great game and give more bright future for the franchise. Meanwhile masturbating on gaming sales isn't my thing, if it was, i'd be playing COD all day which i don't lmao.

See? VF didn't sell well, and that's one of the reason we didn't get VF6 (at least thus far, but hopefully it will come), but it's also on Sega fault as well, people keep forgetting but fans have to beg for years to make Sega move Yakuza games to the West, now look how successful it is, right? But at least Sega aren't as bad as Konami so there's still hope to see VF6.

The rest of your post is something that has been discussing already and i gave my though on it (it's on this forum)

That being sad i'm glad AF they brought back SOR4 in the most epic way, one of my favorite franchise of all time and the game is pure masterpiece dream coming true, Blaze and Axel 4LIFE.

masterpo likes this.
  16. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Sry mate.,. no offense meant..... its all good.

Yes, we all want to see VF be successful and for the developers to be rewarded for their hard work. agreed

Cheers!!!!

LastMonk...,.,

SSfox likes this.
  17. beanboy

Hey Fishie, was that you post/short conversation you had with Makoto, ever featured on the vfdc home page?

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Nope

19. beanboy

Well it's time for one of the mods to put it up.:)

20. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

It was a short back and forth on twitter, seriously dude