1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VFDC CHOICE] CONFIRMED Methods for JEFFRY'S Items

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by MsWayneWayne, Apr 16, 2002.

1. MsWayneWayne

MsWayneWayne Active Member

02/04/25 UPDATE
    Topic RECONSTRUCTED
    White Skull Tattoo CONFIRMED
    Needle Brace CONFIRMED

--------------------------

These are verified methods of earning most of Jeffry's Items. Unlisted items have not been confirmed as of yet. If you have any contributions, please reply to this topic.

**Default character appearances for most of Jeffry's items is necessary. Do not equip any additional items other than the ones mentioned. Try not to win with Ring Outs or Time Outs unless stated. (100 streak item does not apply.)

Also, you don't have to win the match to get an item. (ie. If you want to get the Black Tattoo, you can just keep getting hit by Sarah's Gatling Kick Beat until you lose. You'll get it anyway.)

All these methods can be done in VERSUS Mode.

----------------------
    JEFFRY McWILD
    ----------------------

HEAD
    -------

Pirate's Bandana
    Won only through Kumite Mode. Opponent unconfirmed.

Folded Bandana
    unconfirmed

Purple Sunglasses
    Perform Throw Escapes frequently.

Silver Sunglasses
    Win a match within 10 seconds.

Goggle Sunglasses
    Win 30 consecutive matches.

Slim Sunglasses
    unconfirmed

WRIST
    ---------

Emerald Brace
    Win 15 consecutive matches.

Topaz Brace
    Win 10 consecutive matches with the Emeral Brace equipped.

Sapphire Brace
    Perform Throws with the Topaz Brace equipped. This one is a little tricky. I did his Power Slam (f + P+G) twice, then his Body Lift (b + P+G), then his Body Press (u + P down attack). Sometimes random throwing doesn't work.

Ruby Brace

NECK
    --------

Skull Necklace
    Win 30 consecutive matches with the Indigo Bandana equipped.

Bone Necklace

ARM
    -------

Snake Brace
    Win 5 consecutive matches.

Needle Brace
    Perform his Knee Smash (P+G) for the entire round with the Indigo Bandana equipped.

Clerk's Armband
    unconfirmed

Black Tattoo
    Get hit by Sarah's Gatling Kick Beat several times.

Tribal Tattoo (Red):
    Achieve 3 consecutive excellent victories.

Red Skull Tattoo
    Use his Raiden Drop (u + K+G) for an entire round.

White Skull Tattoo
    Get hit by a Counter Wall Combo with the Indigo Bandana equipped. (See CONFIRMED Methods for SARAH'S Items and perform the Counter Combo used to get her Butterfly Choker.)

Love Skull Tattoo
    Perform only side throws for 1 round.

Wing Heart Tattoo

100 WIN ITEM (Head)
    ---------------------------

Indigo Bandana
    Win 100 consecutive matches.

DISGRACE ITEMS
    -----------------------

Demon Mask
    unconfirmed

Bald Head
    unconfirmed

ORB ITEMS (Head)
    ------------------------

Wild Hair
    Orb Item 1

Pirate's Eyepatch
    Orb Item 2

-------------------------------

Thanks to Yupa and HunterRose for the Pics which really helped a lot.

THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED AS SOON AS MORE ITEMS ARE VERIFIED.

Credits go to the following Japanese Sites:
    http://homepage3.nifty.com/taka-san/vf4/index4.html
    http://www2.csc.ne.jp/~vfnnet/boxitems/index.htm
    http://www19.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/zb4/h_mori
    http://k-free.com/spicy

And the Online Translators (although I had to go through a lot to decypher the english translations).

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND ME A PM.

2. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

I think The Folded Bandana is ather vision sphere item. I used the default colors and equiped only the Indigo Bandana. That how I got it. Plus, I saw a Jefftry clone wearig it but I forgot who it was, and I lost so thats not how i got it.

3. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

I got mine from a jeffery clone, 2p outfit, Champion rank

4. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

I figured out how to get Jeffry's Bald Head Item.
    You have to have the opponent evade a lot of your throws and then lose the match. The next round you should have the Bald Head equipped on Jeffry, then all you have to do is throw multiple times and win with throws making sure the opponent doesnt evade most of them. You get to keep this item, even though it is a disgrace item.

5. G_Snowman

G_Snowman Member

All right, here's what I've found out for myself by playing Kumite.

Got the White skull tatoo from a Jeffrey High King called "Jeff-kyu" or "Jeff-Kyou". He was wearing a 1P costume (and a wrist brace of some sort too)

Got the folded bandana from a high level Jeffrey called Bulldozer. I have seen a level 5 bulldozer, but I never saw him wear it or maybe he was too low. I'm talking high level here, with a rank like conqueror or dragonlord or something like that. He was wearing it as part of it's 2P costume (anything but High King, Hero, or Vanquisher. I would have known at the time if it were a vanquisher).

Pirate bandana: Neptune is a second kyu character. He was wearing it as part of his 1P costume.

Funny thing about the slim glasses: Yes, the info on the FAQ is correct, except that the Jeffrey wasn't wearing them as I fought him. Still got the glasses though.

I'll vouch for the bald head thread. Get your throws evaded, then land a few of 'em to keep the bald look. Will be trying to get the skull mask as an orb item, because I haven't heard of anything else otherwise. Love to hear more!

6. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Umm...I think you cant keep the demon mask thingie . I've tried many times to keep it but it just wont work. You have to lose 10 consecutive times without either player getting excellents. But to keep.... I have no idea.

7. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

u prob have to win 2 matches excellent to keep it or wit jus throws or somethin stupid